• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 Raiders thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The season is almost here.....we kick it off during prime time vs the Rams.....!!!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if CD has his Broncos going 11-5?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.....thoughts on Mack being traded?
I think it's a good trade for us, im good with it.
We already have a player on a franchise QB number adding another just doesn't work.
Four first round draft picks the next two years. That's what im saying!
The Bears got who IMO is the best defensive player in the league. Both teams win.

Besides man, we have some pretty impressive rookies this year.
Arden Key
PJ Hall
Mo Hurst
Nick Nelson. We gonna be alright.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know.....thoughts on Mack being traded?

Horrible, stupid move.. and this was a long time coming.

I like Carr a lot but they should have locked Mack first. Reasons?
  • Carr has had significant back-to-back injuries (albeit at the time he had only snapped a leg.
  • He is shaky under center, this limits play options (hell - he broke a finger under center right?) and telegraphs plays to the defense over time.
  • Most importantly - he is NOT very good in the cold. He wasn't great in the cold in college and that continues in the NFL. We have to play KC and DEN in our division in the cold and routinely the Pats and Steelers... problematic at best.
Mack plays pretty well in all situations but most importantly:
  • He makes big plays when it counts, not just garbage time.
  • He makes big plays at the time of year when it counts, not just games that have no consequence.
  • As good as a edge rusher as he is - I think he's even better against the run... he absolutely shuts down his side of the field.
  • There have been no news reports of him getting drunk, hitting his GF, beating his kid, taking PEDs, crapping on teammates, etc... its rare to find a high quality player let alone one that has absolutely no baggage (think JJ Watt).
  • Lack of injury issues - he's probably the first quality draft I can remember that hasn't had several injuries his first 3-4 years.
Key, Hall and Hurst all look like quality draft picks but time will tell.. you just don't know. Keep in mind, Clowney, Greg Robinson, Bortles, and Sammy Watkins all got picked ahead of Mack. Clowney wasn't very good his first few years due to injury - but I am not sure he's better than Mack even at 100%. Robinson has been on 3 teams in 4 years... bust. Bortles? thats pretty obvious. Sammy? 3 teams in 4 years - not elite. In spite of the amount of money and effort spent to evaluate players Mack was overlooked.. and I have to believe given Reggie's draft quality (only 11 of our picks remain on the team at this time.... thats not good at all) we lucked into that pick.

Which brings me to another point: everyone wants to celebrate those 2 1st round picks.. First - lets be honest, they are probably going to be mid level picks - not "Brown's 1st round picks" (lol.. although ours might be). Second, take a look over our 1st round picks.. the chances of us making the 'right decision' are not real good. Third, is a Mack-level player in the next couple of drafts? Nick Bosa, Clelin Ferrell, Brian Burns, Sach Allen? Are any of them going to drop to the 10th-16th pick? Meh.. you HAVE the guy everyone hopes for. What are you saving the money for? Tank? Callhoun? Please...

Last - and this is what really p!ss3s me off: The Raiders (Gruden) didn't even negotiate with this guy. The word is they sent him an offer in Feb. He countered. The Raiders pulled the offer and basically said F you. Late in the process Mack changed tactics and said he wasn't sure Gruden was the kind of guy he would play for.. the trade ensues. Seriously? What do you think that did to the locker room? You could douche the punter (and we did) but your best player who is recognized around the league as one of the best players in the league AND has no baggage? Honestly, they backed themselves into a corner before this year - but if what is being reported is accurate (and most reports substantiate this) that is not the sort of effort that should have been invested.. pretty much like they made their decision before their offer.

This will have ramifications.. I am nearly sure of it. The Raiders have historically excelled at self-destruction (mostly since 2002..). If there is any lack of success this will go sideways fast and we will be back to watching the 2003-2009 Raiders as opposed to the 2016 Raiders. Gruden and the rest of this organization is fully focused on Vegas and Oakland fan is once again being served kool-aid - we had a top winning lottery ticket and traded it in for 2 more chances that we have not historically shown success at.

bad move imho, and I am NOT on board.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ugh.. not even through the first half of the Bears/Packers game and Mack has a 1/2 sack on the play that takes Rodgers out and then a sack and fumble recovery on the Packers' first real chance to score in this game - IE timely big play.

Funny - I just heard the comment, "he's probably better against the run than he is a pass rusher." This is just going to grate on me all year - I should just pass on the 2018 season...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if CD has his Broncos going 11-5?

I do not. More in the 9-7 or 10-6 range. Broncos are a tough team to figure out because of the question mark still at QB. Don't know what kind of QB Keenum will be. Even the first game he had incredible plays and terrible plays. Tough to know which way he will trend the rest of the season with those.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not. More in the 9-7 or 10-6 range. Broncos are a tough team to figure out because of the question mark still at QB. Don't know what kind of QB Keenum will be. Even the first game he had incredible plays and terrible plays. Tough to know which way he will trend the rest of the season with those.
RAIDERS vs Broncos dude!
This is what it's all about.
I got the RAIDERS. Who ya got?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAIDERS vs Broncos dude!
This is what it's all about.
I got the RAIDERS. Who ya got?

Broncos at home in September have historically proven to be one of the toughest places to play. Of course got the Broncos. Raiders did not look good at all. Once Rams made a couple of adjustments the Raiders had no answers. Dared Carr to throw deep or even intermediate and he couldn't do it. The guy looks scared and the defense can't get pressure. Keenum going to pick that secondary apart.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos at home in September have historically proven to be one of the toughest places to play. Of course got the Broncos. Raiders did not look good at all. Once Rams made a couple of adjustments the Raiders had no answers. Dared Carr to throw deep or even intermediate and he couldn't do it. The guy looks scared and the defense can't get pressure. Keenum going to pick that secondary apart.
Keenum gonna throw picks dude. The RAIDERS played good till they didn't. They should of picked the sheet out of Goff, but they didn't.
Rams are the best team money can buy. The Broncos are not. It should be a good game.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs didn't help either. 11 flags for 155 yards.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keenum gonna throw picks dude. The RAIDERS played good till they didn't. They should of picked the sheet out of Goff, but they didn't.
Rams are the best team money can buy. The Broncos are not. It should be a good game.

Well if we are going to go off last game to determine if a QB will throw picks then the Raiders are in trouble. Broncos picked off Wilson twice so what are they going to do against a gun shy Carr?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MileHigh64 thoughts on our game?

It's Raiders/Broncos. Anything can happen. I'll go with the home team and a defense led by Von Miller. Case Keenum uncharacteristically threw three picks last week. I don't see that happening again. The Broncos rookie class is contributing already and will continue to make the team better.

Gruden back to the Raiders is a good story and gets some juice back into the rivalry. Derek Carr really hasn't looked the same since his breakout season a few years ago. We'll see if Chucky can get him into "high gear". Carr's best year was working with O coordinator Bill Musgrave, who is now calling the plays for the Denver Broncos offense.

The Raiders have some players. I was very impressed with their first half play last night but the home crowd and adrenaline can only get you so far. The Rams boast a much more talented roster across the board. I don't think the Broncos can claim a team that's anywhere close to the LA Rams right now but I still think they have an edge if you looked at each position.

Ultimately, this is a home game for Denver, in September. I like the Broncos to beat the Raiders 24-16.

You asked!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if we are going to go off last game to determine if a QB will throw picks then the Raiders are in trouble. Broncos picked off Wilson twice so what are they going to do against a gun shy Carr?
Keenum also threw picks and would of had more, if not for some drops by the DBs. Carr don't throw a lot of picks, i mean he throws picks like all QBs but is not really known for them. Carr was playing good as was the whole team on both sides of the ball then Donald dived at his legs and the problems started from there. I think we get get Keenum once or twice. This ain't the same coaching staff as before.