• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 draft thread

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we should still get another ILB

NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Shaun Dion Hamilton | NFL.com

Hamilton combined with Reuben Foster to form one of the best inside linebacker duos in the country in 2016, at least until he tore his right ACL in the SEC Championship Game. In the first 13 games of the year, Hamilton had 64 stops, nine for loss, two sacks, and two interceptions; he was a downhill player and showed the coverage ability NFL teams need today. Hamilton started the first nine games of his senior season before another injury (fractured right kneecap) sidelined him for the rest of the Tide's playoff run (40 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 2.5 sacks). He started five times as a sophomore in 2015, playing in every game of the team's national championship run (27 tackles, 1.5 for loss). The Alabama native was a top 10 inside linebacker prospect coming out of high school and played in all 14 games on special teams as a true freshman (three tackles). Hamilton graduated a semester early from high school and was also his class' valedictorian.

:noidea:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mclain is in trouble. they reworked his deal so he can be released.

Yep!! If I'm Mclain I'm certainly talking to my agent and making sure that my resume' has been updated.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kind of late round player Shark.

I also wouldn’t mind St Brown, Tony Adams, or a couple of others that I can’t think of the name right now and my internet sux.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My kind of late round player Shark.

I also wouldn’t mind St Brown, Tony Adams, or a couple of others that I can’t think of the name right now and my internet sux.

Lazard, St Brown, HAmilton...... my wish list at this point in the draft. No particular order.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round I hope we take:
1. Luke Falk - QB
2. Kevin Toliver - CB
3. Auden Tate - WR
4. Equanimeous Brown - WR
5. Leon Jacobs - LB

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6th round I hope we take:
1. Luke Falk - QB
2. Kevin Toliver - CB
3. Auden Tate - WR
4. Equanimeous Brown - WR
5. Leon Jacobs - LB

Had my eye on Arden Tate as a late round pick. Dude is rather slow but he's a big fella. Good suggestion @Ritz!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had my eye on Arden Tate as a late round pick. Dude is rather slow but he's a big fella. Good suggestion @Ritz!!

Ill be honest I cheated and looked at Mel Kipers list.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopping in to give congratulations on getting Guice where you did. Surprised he fell that far.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAmilton

OK Bruce, quit bugging my phone Dude. :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton ILB ...Alabama

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Draft & Combine Profile - Shaun Dion Hamilton | NFL.com

Hamilton combined with Reuben Foster to form one of the best inside linebacker duos in the country in 2016, at least until he tore his right ACL in the SEC Championship Game. In the first 13 games of the year, Hamilton had 64 stops, nine for loss, two sacks, and two interceptions; he was a downhill player and showed the coverage ability NFL teams need today. Hamilton started the first nine games of his senior season before another injury (fractured right kneecap) sidelined him for the rest of the Tide's playoff run (40 tackles, 5.5 for loss, 2.5 sacks). He started five times as a sophomore in 2015, playing in every game of the team's national championship run (27 tackles, 1.5 for loss). The Alabama native was a top 10 inside linebacker prospect coming out of high school and played in all 14 games on special teams as a true freshman (three tackles). Hamilton graduated a semester early from high school and was also his class' valedictorian.

:noidea:

Very nice call Shark...you one trick pony.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Playlist
By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Round 7/PFA
NFL Comparison
Martrell Spaight

Overview
Technically sound and tough, Hamilton is a 3-4 inside linebacker with good football intelligence who is almost always where he is supposed to be. As with all Alabama linebackers, he has benefitted from big, talented linemen in front of him to occupy blocks and will be forced to do more of the heavy lifting on the next level. Consecutive season-ending knee injuries will likely hurt his draft stock -- especially considering the fact that he may not be able to run or workout for teams before this year's draft.

Strengths
  • Good lower body thickness
  • Plays the game with demeanor and toughness of a bigger linebacker
  • Always finding his run fits
  • Very smart and called the "brains behind the operation" on the field
  • Won't give up his gap control willingly
  • Plays square and will stick a strong shoulder into blocks to squeeze his gap
  • Technically sound
  • Meets climbing blockers with a sunken anchor and a stiff punch
  • Nice, easy hips allow for smooth drops into coverage
  • Quick to recognize and react to play-action and screens
  • Able to weave around blockers without losing sight of the ball
Weaknesses
  • Shorter than desired
  • When he gets beaten, it is often due to size and length limitations
  • Will take some time to peel off of a block once he's engaged
  • Doesn't have enough power and mass to hold up to head-on blocks consistently
  • Tight-stepper with limited range as tackler
  • Looked slower this year
  • Had to make diving tackle attempts too often
  • Durability is becoming a major concern after season-ending ACL in 2016 and season-ending knee fracture in 2017
Sources Tell Us

"Through all that linebacker talent Alabama has had since Hamilton has been there, he's always been the smartest and the brains behind the operation. He's a good player but I just don't know if he can hold up." -- NFC team scouting director