• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018 AP Overrated/Underrated contest

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIAmRight — #8 Miami overrated #25 LSU underrated

IMO, Wisconsin is WAY overrated, but they only play two teams ranked in the top 25 right now.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows who is going to jump up in the Conference. Lots of teams can.

OSU has a QB that's a 5th year Senior and has been in the system forever. They have a running back that looks good. It' years like this that Gundy surprises. Just looking for a bump into the 20's or low teens.
All 100% true...but a sooner isn't ever allowed to acknowledge any positive credit to the sheep humpers or the rusty cows. I know that has got to be in the the OU legal code somewhere. If not, it HAS to be agains the hoop code.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustMeIAmRight — #8 Miami overrated #25 LSU underrated

IMO, Wisconsin is WAY overrated, but they only play two teams ranked in the top 25 right now.
Happy-Birthday-Cupcakes-2-Custom.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All 100% true...but a sooner isn't ever allowed to acknowledge any positive credit to the sheep humpers or the rusty cows. I know that has got to be in the the OU legal code somewhere. If not, it HAS to be agains the hoop code.
Conference homerism/nutswinging has become acceptable on the Hoop apparently.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conference homerism/nutswinging has become acceptable on the Hoop apparently.
There's got to be a limit on conference nutswinging.

I could see it being acceptable for OU fans to acknowledge the positives for conference members Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU and West Virginia. But NEVER, NOT NOT EVER NEVER, for Texas and Oklahoma State. That shit just ain't right I tell ya. (Same for Texas and Okie Lite fans in reverse.)

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see it being acceptable for OU fans to acknowledge the positives for conference members Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, TCU and West Virginia. But NEVER, NOT NOT EVER NEVER, for Texas and Oklahoma State. That shit just ain't right I tell ya. (Same for Texas and Okie Lite fans in reverse.)
We saw plenty of Alabama fans bragging about how national titles had to go through the state of Alabama back when Auburn won their title.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JRM ... Is that YOU????? :pound:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not their fault — their division in the B1G is...........not good. So they can basically punch a ticket to the B1GCG right now. Hopefully it changes over the next few years.

They do have PSU and UM on the road this year, so they will play two good teams. Their non-conference games
are laughable again though with Western Kentucky, New Mexico and BYU. That could bite them in the ass if they end up with a chance to make the CFP.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not their fault — their division in the B1G is...........not good. So they can basically punch a ticket to the B1GCG right now. Hopefully it changes over the next few years.

They do have PSU and UM on the road this year, so they will play two good teams. Their non-conference games
are laughable again though with Western Kentucky, New Mexico and BYU. That could bite them in the ass if they end up with a chance to make the CFP.
Everyone likes to bitch about poor OOC schedules. At least those are self inflicted.

But, these unbalanced "in conference" schedules can punish the other conference members a lot. And that IS NOT self inflicted. Taint right.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone likes to bitch about poor OOC schedules. At least those are self inflicted.

But, these unbalanced "in conference" schedules can punish the other conference members a lot. And that IS NOT self inflicted. Taint right.
My second choice for BigTen scheduling changes is move Michigan State from the east to the west; move Purdue from the west to the east; 9 conference games with one permanent rival.
Michigan v MSU
OSU v Wisconsin
Nebraska v PSU
Fill in the blanks after that.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My second choice for BigTen scheduling changes is move Michigan State from the east to the west; move Purdue from the west to the east; 9 conference games with one permanent rival.
Michigan v MSU
OSU v Wisconsin
Nebraska v PSU
Fill in the blanks after that.
That would be better than the shit now.

Besides conferences not being so fucking big, I still think just removing divisions would help the most.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be better than the shit now.

Besides conferences not being so fucking big, I still think just removing divisions would help the most.
My first choice for 14 team conferences is kill divisions, 3 permanent rivals, two pools of 5 rotated each year, top two conference records go to CCG. 8 conference games minimum 2 P5 opponents OOC.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B_dub Overrated #16 TCU Underrated #24 Oregon

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first choice for 14 team conferences is kill divisions, 3 permanent rivals, two pools of 5 rotated each year, top two conference records go to CCG. 8 conference games minimum 2 P5 opponents OOC.

You know as well as anyone with an IQ above 90 that the teams will cycle up and down in both divisions. I doubt Nebraska will be the trash they've been under Riley, Purdue might be coming on, Northwestern and Iowa are decent programs that with some younger players developing could be very good or at least very competitive. Whats my point? Changing divisions or schedules based on what teams are now could be a very bad thing for what they are in 2 or 3 years.

Also, I hate it that everyone is blowing Bucky right now...that usually leads to some kind of crap season with about 6 to 8 wins.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know as well as anyone with an IQ above 90 that the teams will cycle up and down in both divisions. I doubt Nebraska will be the trash they've been under Riley, Purdue might be coming on, Northwestern and Iowa are decent programs that with some younger players developing could be very good or at least very competitive. Whats my point? Changing divisions or schedules based on what teams are now could be a very bad thing for what they are in 2 or 3 years.

Also, I hate it that everyone is blowing Bucky right now...that usually leads to some kind of crap season with about 6 to 8 wins.
It has nothing to do with the Big10 and everything with trying to get the best two teams in the CCG. Not just in the Big10 but the ACC has the best two teams in one division, usually the top two teams in the SEC are in one division.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We prefer pink frosting, it looks much weaker...

Lol.

This year’s schedule is way harder than last season’s cakewalk with five pretty damn solid opponents on the road, two of them ranked in the top 15.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Tyme overrated #6 Washington underrated #26 Arizonia