• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2018-2019 Offseaon

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where the hell are they getting this advice from?

Bates and Givens both have their degrees. Bates has been beat up over the last 3 years, may not want to continue getting banged up for free and may not want to pursue a masters while doing it. Givens will get drafted, will test well at combine. Is a very good athlete

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if something is going on that we don't know about behind the scenes. If we had two NFL ready linemen I'm pretty sure we would have looked much better than we did.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to wonder if something is going on that we don't know about behind the scenes. If we had two NFL ready linemen I'm pretty sure we would have looked much better than we did.

Nope, people figured McGovern and Bates would go before the season started. Connor was projected high in mocks and Bates has played a ton of football and got his degree. Gonzo is in same boat as Bates, may just want to get on with his life and not get clobbered for another year while taking masters classes if he doesn't catch on in NFL. Miller has been considered a lean all along as well, family reasons. Givens is only one that has been unexpected so far, but like the first 2, he has his degree. I think Miles will declare today.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Boobie going to spin in the NFL. Good luck Miles. Have watched this young man play since Hs and knew he'd make it to the league.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected, Boobie going to spin in the NFL. Good luck Miles. Have watched this young man play since Hs and knew he'd make it to the league.

I think Miles has good chance to be a better player in the NFL than he was in college. I feel like he was really underutilized in the passing game at PSU. The fact that he only has 1 seasons worth of carries in college is something that I think NFL teams will find attractive as well.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him the best and think it was smart for him to jump this year rather than next season. THe draft is light on RBs this year but has the potential to be loaded with talent next year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miles has good chance to be a better player in the NFL than he was in college. I feel like he was really underutilized in the passing game at PSU. The fact that he only has 1 seasons worth of carries in college is something that I think NFL teams will find attractive as well.

I agree it was a good move for Miles. I don't see how he shows any more than he did this year. He ran the ball very well, was good in pass pro and showed he can catch it as well. Lots of tread left on the tires, hope he does well at the next level, it only helps recruiting if he does

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Justin Fields to Buckeyes :gaah:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously Justin Fields to Buckeyes :gaah:

eh, whatever, kid already ran from competition, Martell already stirring up drama and Fields hasn't even set foot on campus. BEst case, he wins job, Martell transfers and he ends up melting down because they have zero behind that

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Gonzales announces he will return for senior season

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some somewhat PSU related news: Josh Gattis has accepted the OC positon on Mike Locksley's staff at UMD. Good move for Josh, if he has any kind of success there I'd imagine he'd be a HC candidate next offseason. Kind of stings that he got away from PSU though, he really is an elite coach.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some somewhat PSU related news: Josh Gattis has accepted the OC positon on Mike Locksley's staff at UMD. Good move for Josh, if he has any kind of success there I'd imagine he'd be a HC candidate next offseason. Kind of stings that he got away from PSU though, he really is an elite coach.

i think its a very risky move for him TBH. Locksley will end up calling plays, he could've just stayed at Bama another year, won big, got a better OC job. He wa sactually considered for HC jobs at App St and Temple this year. Like the guy, hope he doesn't set himself back with this move. He won't be anywhere long until he's an OC. Could also see him as a guy who ends up coaching in NFL

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gattis gives UMD the big swerve and ends up at Michigan. Think that's a big leap for a guy who's never called plays. We gave Rahne the shot but he had been groomed by Jomo to take over.

Our new WR coach, Gerad Parker, like the hire. Has a lot of upside on recruiting trail and as a coach. HE coached with Seider at Marshall,

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Juwan Johnson is considering a transfer.

NOt huge surprise, looking at snap counts in bowl game, he got passed by the young guys and may lose more PT next season if he stays

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like LaMont Wade, Zech McPhearson, and Brandon Polk are all entering the transfer portal as well. Polk is probably in the same boat as Johnson, older guy that has been passed up by the younger talent. Same with McPhearson. Wade is different though, he seemed like he was in line to compete for a starting spot. I hope he reconsiders, though if he doesn't we still have Taylor, Sutherland, and Brisker at safety next year so we'll be fine.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like LaMont Wade, Zech McPhearson, and Brandon Polk are all entering the transfer portal as well. Polk is probably in the same boat as Johnson, older guy that has been passed up by the younger talent. Same with McPhearson. Wade is different though, he seemed like he was in line to compete for a starting spot. I hope he reconsiders, though if he doesn't we still have Taylor, Sutherland, and Brisker at safety next year so we'll be fine.
Aayron Monroe as well. Zech, Polk and Monroe all grad transfers. Wade not 100% on move, putting his name in there to see what's out there. I think he plays he spring out here, sees where he is on depth chart and makes a decision after that. If he is still not starting, he probably never will barring an injury to someone and if he wants to play will transfer

We also brought in several safeties this class and are still recruiting Nick Cross

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aayron Monroe as well. Zech, Polk and Monroe all grad transfers. Wade not 100% on move, putting his name in there to see what's out there. I think he plays he spring out here, sees where he is on depth chart and makes a decision after that. If he is still not starting, he probably never will barring an injury to someone and if he wants to play will transfer

We also brought in several safeties this class and are still recruiting Nick Cross

Has Monroe announced that publicly or is that something that's just floating around message boards? I haven't seen anything saying that he's leaving.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Monroe announced that publicly or is that something that's just floating around message boards? I haven't seen anything saying that he's leaving.

Pretty sure he's already in portal and expected to leave as a grad transfer. He's just never been able to stay healthy.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Between the early departures for the draft and the transfers, what are we up to 20 kids leaving the team now? Something smells very rotten.