• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette in the 94th percentile for weight-adjusted speed......I'm sure there is a physics major that could explain that, or at least let me know if that measure correlates to NFL production.
Said it was the best for any +235lb RB in the last decade.

Wonder what Frankenstein Brandon Jacobs would have scored on the weight-adjusted speed scale?

Can't really think of any other monster sized RBs right now, brain dead at the end of a long work week.

Jamal Lewis and Steven jackson were both 240

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL.com lists official times of 4.51 for Fournette, and 4.49 for Cook.

TJ Logan however, likely just twitterpated @The Foot with a 4.37
Im waiting to see a sub 4.24. if that ever happens I will probably shit my pants.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i havent seen a report to say hes overweight, i saw 240, that doesnt mean hes overweight,

foreman was 233, hood 232

hell clement is 5-10 and came in at 220

perine 5-11 233

are they overweight?

Perine is he dropped some weight though he was playing at 245 and Foreman is a big guy i would have guessed he would have been the heaviest non full back

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perine is he dropped some weight though he was playing at 245 and Foreman is a big guy i would have guessed he would have been the heaviest non full back
Foreman lost a ton of weight for the combine. Disappointed he didn't run the 40 though. Like Treff I feel abstaining from competing is not a positive sign for a player, I tend to down grade them for what ever they skipped. It's like they concede they would be shitty if they participated.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman lost a ton of weight for the combine. Disappointed he didn't run the 40 though. Like Treff I feel abstaining from competing is not a positive sign for a player, I tend to down grade them for what ever they skipped. It's like they concede they would be shitty if they participated.

Foreman apparently wanted to compete but doctors wouldn't let him because they found a stress fracture in his foot

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foreman apparently wanted to compete but doctors wouldn't let him because they found a stress fracture in his foot
Well a stress fracture isn't a good thing, so good to know.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watkins didnt run a 40, alot of guys do that, many qb's dont throw

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to carolina thats great

Even if he goes to the jets im not worried hell they gave forte the ball 30 times

i dont think the browns waste a pick on him, they need so much more

CIncy claims they want a back, but they wont take fournette that high, and if they do hell even better

that leaves philly and indy, and again those are top options if he last that long

sooooo for me out of the possiblities i see i rank them

1)indy
2)philly
3)carolina
4)Jets
5)Cincy

and im good with him going to any of those teams

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he goes to carolina thats great

Even if he goes to the jets im not worried hell they gave forte the ball 30 times

i dont think the browns waste a pick on him, they need so much more

CIncy claims they want a back, but they wont take fournette that high, and if they do hell even better

that leaves philly and indy, and again those are top options if he last that long

sooooo for me out of the possiblities i see i rank them

1)indy
2)philly
3)carolina
4)Jets
5)Cincy

and im good with him going to any of those teams

I think also about the effect on the RB on said team.

If Indy then Gore owners are screwed.
Philly...guess it doesn't matter
Carolina Steward owners are hosed
Jets doesn't matter
Cincy Hill owners are really screwed over
Bronco's C.J. Anderson owners crying :D
Browns Crowell owners depressed :gaah:

etc etc....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think also about the effect on the RB on said team.

If Indy then Gore owners are screwed.
Philly...guess it doesn't matter
Carolina Steward owners are hosed
Jets doesn't matter
Cincy Hill owners are really screwed over
Bronco's C.J. Anderson owners crying :D
Browns Crowell owners depressed :gaah:

etc etc....
i agree, but do you see any those teams as disasters for RB's, the browns perhaps, and maybe cincy for 1 year because of hill and GIO, but after that golden

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree, but do you see any those teams as disasters for RB's, the browns perhaps, and maybe cincy for 1 year because of hill and GIO, but after that golden
Well if your a ff owner and you own say Hill but not Fournette then that sucks. Pretty much your good luck is their bad luck. Good chance some FF owners are going to take a hit, depending on where the RBs in this draft land, it not just where Fournette or Cook land.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if your a ff owner and you own say Hill but not Fournette then that sucks. Pretty much your good luck is their bad luck. Good chance some FF owners are going to take a hit, depending on where the RBs in this draft land, it not just where Fournette or Cook land.
right, but lets take your scenario where you own the #1

or mine where i owne the 1-2 unless its the browns i dont care where they go, if you like them, go get your guy, for me 1 is better than the other, but you know right now who my top 2 are, i was very very tempted to throw a curveball at everyone, but freekin medical teams threw that away

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or mine where i owne the 1-2 unless its the browns i dont care where they go, if you like them, go get your guy, for me 1 is better than the other, but you know right now who my top 2 are, i was very very tempted to throw a curveball at everyone, but freekin medical teams threw that away
Sure for you it may not matter much, although if one of the big two go to Broncos it kind of deprecates Anderson to a cuff in case of injury.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well we both have our eye on that guy then

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure for you it may not matter much, although if one of the big two go to Broncos it kind of deprecates Anderson to a cuff in case of injury.
Had the local guys in all day..they would not shut up about taking McAffrey..both just as a talking point, and serious insider info..they're seriously players for him if he's there.

Even with the not so impressive camp, I'd expect both big names gone by then

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, anyone is welcome to their opinion that these things don't necessarily mean anything and I'm not saying this stuff in an effort to change anyone's mind. But they're huge red flags for me, I question his heart and desire..how bad he actually wants to be an elite, successful athlete and how badly he just wants to get paid. Perhaps he kicks it in the ass and redeems some if these numbers in his pro day. But in my opinion, he is firmly behind Cook, might even slide behind McAffrey or others
:10:
Even if you take away my skepticism of rookies, I think Treff nailed this one.
I could care less how fast a guy is.
Or how high a guy can jump.
Or how much he can bench.

But if the combine is understood by all to be the primary audition for the NFL, to show up overwieght and unwilling to participate in some of the events - yeah, this would be a red flag to me too.
If NFL veterans show up to camp overweight and don't participate in drills its a red flag.
For the life of me I can't imagine why rookies seem to get a pass.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10:
Even if you take away my skepticism of rookies, I think Treff nailed this one.
I could care less how fast a guy is.
Or how high a guy can jump.
Or how much he can bench.

But if the combine is understood by all to be the primary audition for the NFL, to show up overwieght and unwilling to participate in some of the events - yeah, this would be a red flag to me too.
If NFL veterans show up to camp overweight and don't participate in drills its a red flag.
For the life of me I can't imagine why rookies seem to get a pass.
Dang right .:thumb:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Medical teams threw that away? You talking about Fournette ankles or Cook shoulders?