• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2017 Fantasy rookie class News and Rumors

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fournette just had an awful vertical so that's not good. Might not be bad but it's not good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so did mccoy,

but the awful thing is cook jumped what an inch higher at 30 lbs lighter

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unofficially 4.51 for Fournette and 4.50 for Cook.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unofficially 4.51 for Fournette and 4.50 for Cook.
again, whats that say about cook, he jumps 1 inch higher, and runs .01 faster than a guy significantly heavier than him

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, whats that say about cook, he jumps 1 inch higher, and runs .01 faster than a guy significantly heavier than him
Fournette looks like a specimen. I hope he works out well...

Well depending on where he gets drafted :D

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dont think it says that much. We knew they were both fast. Cook still has better change of direction and sets up runs better. The argument was never cook is better because he's faster.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4.50 for Cook and 4.52 for Fournette the second time

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..4.51 40, respectable but, a far cry from the LSU published 4.35, or 4.37..wouldn't bench, underwhelming vertical...showed up over weight..biggest event if his life thus far and he apparently didn't prepare for it.

I mean, anyone is welcome to their opinion that these things don't necessarily mean anything and I'm not saying this stuff in an effort to change anyone's mind. But they're huge red flags for me, I question his heart and desire..how bad he actually wants to be an elite, successful athlete and how badly he just wants to get paid. Perhaps he kicks it in the ass and redeems some if these numbers in his pro day. But in my opinion, he is firmly behind Cook, might even slide behind McAffrey or others

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. I'm not the biggest fan of fournette and there are critcisms you can make about him (lack of lateral agility) but this seems like reaching. I don't know how it's "easy" to see he's not a stud. And I haven't seen anybody concerned about his weight really. For 1 other RBs have been that big before and 2 he's an athletic freak. Being 240 isn't a problem if you're running a 4.40 forty. I'm also not questioning his strength. No he didn't bench but I really couldn't care less.
Did you happen to watch any of that link Stomp posted? Outside of a few highlight reel runs, 2 if which against a laying down Syracuse team, it's pretty underwhelming. Overall, yes he looks very good, but for a guy being compared to AP, Bo Jackson, or whatever..I was expecting better..that's way I said it was easy to see he isn't in that class of being a stud. I wouldn't say it was easy to see he won't be a very good NFL back..he may very well be. But he's no electric, can't miss, next big thing-no doubt about it prospect

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you happen to watch any of that link Stomp posted? Outside of a few highlight reel runs, 2 if which against a laying down Syracuse team, it's pretty underwhelming. Overall, yes he looks very good, but for a guy being compared to AP, Bo Jackson, or whatever..I was expecting better..that's way I said it was easy to see he isn't in that class of being a stud. I wouldn't say it was easy to see he won't be a very good NFL back..he may very well be. But he's no electric, can't miss, next big thing-no doubt about it prospect

No I didn't watch it but I've watched plenty of fournette previously. And I agree he's not like AP. AP was way more agile. But nobody's a can't miss prospect. He has flaws but people seem to be nit picking him too much just because he's been the big thing for 3 years now. (Not saying you're doing that just couldn't tell where you stood originally and it seemed harsh).

So I'd say no he's not an "electric, can't miss, next big thing-no doubt about it prospect. But nobody ever has been so who cares.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would take Cook if you had #1?

I dont ask because I disagree. I am just trying to decide for myself since I have #1 in a dynasty league.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would take Cook if you had #1?

I dont ask because I disagree. I am just trying to decide for myself since I have #1 in a dynasty league.
Well that was the question posed on this thread :)

Yes as it stands today I would definitely take Cook first...still could change, but it's more clear now, imho, that he's the better prospect. Still much to be discovered though...especially the biggest component, who drafts them both

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't watch it but I've watched plenty of fournette previously. And I agree he's not like AP. AP was way more agile. But nobody's a can't miss prospect. He has flaws but people seem to be nit picking him too much just because he's been the big thing for 3 years now. (Not saying you're doing that just couldn't tell where you stood originally and it seemed harsh).

So I'd say no he's not an "electric, can't miss, next big thing-no doubt about it prospect. But nobody ever has been so who cares.
Definitely don't want to get into a debate that in essence just boils down to semantics, but there most definitely have been "can't miss prospects", AP, Bo, Barry, and on and on, some of which certainly did "miss".. but, the overall point being when the profiles compare him to that level, I expect a much bigger wow factor on regular old game film than I saw there. Most of the "can't miss" guys who ended up being "misses", had the same types of things going on.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely don't want to get into a debate that in essence just boils down to semantics, but there most definitely have been "can't miss prospects", AP, Bo, Barry, and on and on, some of which certainly did "miss".. but, the overall point being when the profiles compare him to that level, I expect a much bigger wow factor on regular old game film than I saw there. Most of the "can't miss" guys who ended up being "misses", had the same types of things going on.

Well that's my point. Even the can't miss guys miss.

But yea I don't know I'm too young to compare his college tape to many of those guys. There's things I wish he did better but there's also times where he just makes me drop my jaw becuase I didn't know a RB could do that stuff.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's my point. Even the can't miss guys miss.

But yea I don't know I'm too young to compare his college tape to many of those guys. There's things I wish he did better but there's also times where he just makes me drop my jaw becuase I didn't know a RB could do that stuff.
Cant deny that at all, he's obviously got some special ability. There's just something missing

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fournette in the 94th percentile for weight-adjusted speed......I'm sure there is a physics major that could explain that, or at least let me know if that measure correlates to NFL production.
Said it was the best for any +235lb RB in the last decade.

Wonder what Frankenstein Brandon Jacobs would have scored on the weight-adjusted speed scale?

Can't really think of any other monster sized RBs right now, brain dead at the end of a long work week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think it comes down to where they go. Fournette will be a stud somewhere like Carolina
The ideal landing spot for Fournette. If he lands there, then for sure I will be drafting him in the league where I have the 1.1 pick.