• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2016 NFL Salary Cap QF 4 : Sushi vs Shane

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, Sushi's OL is better... so even if you want to call the DL's WITH the LBs equal sushi will stop it slightly better... Not to mention that if he relies so much on the LB to help the DL then there will be more arian foster in the passing game...

My d-line plays 315, 335, 302 and Kyle Williams plays a lot bigger than 302. Miller and Mack are great all-around players and great rushers but that what a 3-4 scheme is LOL

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off Clady and Mathis are pretty damn good and so is Richburg. My right side isn't the strongest but great but ok overall.

Hard to compare 3-4 and 4-3 defensive lines honestly...my NT Williams is one of the best run stoppers in the game today. Kyle Williams is very underrated, a very good player and Wilkerson well you know how good he is. The point is a 4-3 d-line has a different task than a 3-4 line. I think mine is pretty solid. Miller and Mack edge rusher as well as LB's...the only team that could compete with that was UK and I just played him.

I think you are just looking at it all different.

again, i am not knocking your team... In fact, when i was doing my research for the draft you stole all the players i wanted and i was in panic mode at times... Really took elvis even though i knew he was 4-3, but wanted an elite pass rusher... didn't think i would get crucified for that choice... You did the 3-4 wonderfully...

I do like your team defense a lot... i think the problem with 3-4 is that besides for JJ watt there really is not a GAME CHANGER on the D-line... and you don't have any, while he does, so that makes his D-line look better, whether true or not...

I don't think i ever said anything negative about your DL just that i liked sushi's better... really there is no negative to say...

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, i am not knocking your team... In fact, when i was doing my research for the draft you stole all the players i wanted and i was in panic mode at times... Really took elvis even though i knew he was 4-3, but wanted an elite pass rusher... didn't think i would get crucified for that choice... You did the 3-4 wonderfully...

I do like your team defense a lot... i think the problem with 3-4 is that besides for JJ watt there really is not a GAME CHANGER on the D-line... and you don't have any, while he does, so that makes his D-line look better, whether true or not...

I don't think i ever said anything negative about your DL just that i liked sushi's better... really there is no negative to say...

Fair enough.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really find it interesting that people discount the difference in spacing and options provided that having to bring 5 continually to get a pass rush makes against a front 4.

He has 5 of his front 7 committed towards rushing the passer, leaving only 2 LB's to cover the second level. That generates so much spacing for my slot receiver, tight end, and receiving backs to create on the flats. There would be no way Shane's team could defend against any sort of wheel routes or even screen passes. You would essentially have his ILB's acting as nickle linebackers, without the addition of another play maker in the secondary.

Basically I would have speed and spacing on offense. Which is perfect against a heavy blitz team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really find it interesting that people discount the difference in spacing and options provided that having to bring 5 continually to get a pass rush makes against a front 4.

He has 5 of his front 7 committed towards rushing the passer, leaving only 2 LB's to cover the second level. That generates so much spacing for my slot receiver, tight end, and receiving backs to create on the flats. There would be no way Shane's team could defend against any sort of wheel routes or even screen passes. You would essentially have his ILB's acting as nickle linebackers, without the addition of another play maker in the secondary.

Basically I would have speed and spacing on offense. Which is perfect against a heavy blitz team.

I have 3 committed to the rush. Sometimes there will be an all out rush, sometimes 4, sometimes 5. I mean the talent in the WR cores is not close but I see your point but it doesn't really workout like that. Plus I can disguise as a 4-3 and bring a LB. I mean it isn't fair to say I will have 5 dedicated to the rush bc it is different every play...if that makes sense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have 3 committed to the rush. Sometimes there will be an all out rush, sometimes 4, sometimes 5. I mean the talent in the WR cores is not close but I see your point but it doesn't really workout like that. Plus I can disguise as a 4-3 and bring a LB. I mean it isn't fair to say I will have 5 dedicated to the rush bc it is different every play...if that makes sense.

Fair point, but my question would be who would drop in coverage? Miller and Mack are both almost exclusive pass rushers. None of your 3 up front would drop back into coverage. If you're choosing to drop Miller or Mack into coverage, that again works in my favor because you're not utilizing them to do what they do best.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The premise that Shane's team will just throw the ball up and let someone go get it actually plays into my favor with my secondary. Again from top to bottom I think I have one of the best secondaries in this draft. With Berry and Harper to help out without having to provide additional run support is huge for this. It does a huge disservice to my secondary's ability to simply cover the WR's. Yes there will be occasional balls where Shane's team has advantage but solely relying on that to set them apart is a bit thin, IMO.

The biggest thing with the Seahawks approach was the ability to control the line of scrimmage. My team does both. The pass rush is also what sets up the cover game. If you're able to get a pass rush, you make your secondary look exponentially better. They're already good as is.

I didn't mean it to sound like Wilson would just be throwing jump balls to beat you... I take my votes seriously and try to get as much info as possible if I'm unsure about something... not saying you're calling me out nor that I know more... just saying that I do take a lot of things in to consideration and sometimes I get it wrong and I try to admit that... you make great points but I still stand by the vote here's why...

Once I saw there was no glaring mismatch, I have to play the game as I see it... what I see is the game being played out as a normal game, hand-offs, passes, so on... there will be sacks, there will be broken plays, punts and so on... since we can't actually see them playing nor do we game plan all I can do is imagine what I would do and how I think it would work out...

I don't think he has to rush 5 to be effective... zones, zone blitz, blitz, nickel... my question is do I think Miller or Mack can drop back into coverage on a zone blitz, does he have players that can handle more responsibilities...

I did that for both teams and what I came up with was within the normal play of the game I feel the size of his WR would bail him out... your answer to that is your Safties would help, this opens up Gronk to single coverage and I personally would rather not allow that which means I'd have to choose and hope I guess right... Gronk creates a huge problem for you, and maybe I'm wrong in believing that your team would have to try and limit Gronk because he can not be covered by your LBs alone so it was my guess that you would be stuck guarding those huge WRs without much help... if you're saying that's not the case, I still think it's trouble for you because of Gronk...

on your side your outlet would be Foster... while I do respect your WRs and TE I don't see them causing his defense the same types of mismatches outside of Foster out the backfield and screens... and I don't see it being a bigger problem for his defense than his WRs size (both height and weight) and Gronk on your defense... please feel free to continue the discussion, I have no problem discussing this further as I've said before this is more enjoyable for me. It just takes long to respond sometimes and the people involved in the debates lose interest so it just dies..