• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Rumor Thread

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when I posted about him last year. I didn't even know until recently that he is a local kid.

12 HR's, 28 RBI's and a .308 OBP which would be high for a Mariner and only 26. Wouldn't the young Buhner have looked good in RF in Seattle? Missed opportunity...again.
Trade Brad Miller, I don't care.
Trade Chris Taylor, i don't care.
My hope is that Ketel Marte wins the shortstop job in spring training next year. I think he is the future shortstop anyway. He has to be, doesn't he. We aren't seriously going to whiff on all three guys are we? Yeah, maybe better not answer that question.

Marte is only 21 and just a beanpole right now but he already has doubles power. When he fills out, he could become a 20/20 guy.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that Ketel Marte wins the shortstop job in spring training next year. I think he is the future shortstop anyway. He has to be, doesn't he. We aren't seriously going to whiff on all three guys are we? Yeah, maybe better not answer that question.

Marte is only 21 and just a beanpole right now but he already has doubles power. When he fills out, he could become a 20/20 guy.

Love Marte. My hope is he becomes the starting SS in 2016, they trade Taylor when his value is up, and use Miller as the new Bloomquist (or McLemore hopefully). But it is Jack so he may trade all 3 and keep Willie as full-time SS...lol

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has speed on the bases too, which is definitely a weakness on our team atm... We need to manufacturer runs and what better way to help do that with actual legit speed on the bases?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still believe Miller brings value to the team... I feel we'll eventually get more out of him than the player we'd get in return... I haven't given up on him...

Taylor on the other hand? I think there is value there in trading him off... Miller isn't going to be our future SS but he has more opportunities to play other positions than Taylor does... Marte is the guy id let run with the starting position next season...

I think we could get a solid player in return if we packaged Taylor/Elias in a deal...