• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Postseason Discussion

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda fitting end to the season. Let's put a bow on it and start the off season, huh DT?

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to admit...it's pretty impressive what Bumgarner did. If there's a guy that deserves some dick sucking it's definitely MadBum. That shit was amazing.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Morse is a Neanderthal idiot. That mouth-breathing knuckle-dragger can't field a ball to save his life and cost me 1st place in my big money fantasy league by getting injured in batting practice.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have to admit...it's pretty impressive what Bumgarner did. If there's a guy that deserves some dick sucking it's definitely MadBum. That shit was amazing.

Impressive? Yes, for sure. But let's not forget that he was facing one of the most anemic offenses to ever make it to the World Series. His biggest challenge was Eric Hosmer.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive? Yes, for sure. But let's not forget that he was facing one of the most anemic offenses to ever make it to the World Series. His biggest challenge was Eric Hosmer.
And the infamous bunt

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure but that can't be taken away from him. Anytime I saw him pitch this post season he was a badass. As anemic as they were still able to scrap out runs enough to force a 7th game of the WS. I just think whatever praise he's getting is undoubtedly worth every bit of it.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. LAA or Baltimore would have been the better foe here but at least KC took it to seven.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the ceremony not being conducted on the field? I think that's awesome...seems like no matter what even road teams that become champions have the ceremony on the field unless if I'm way off base.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure but that can't be taken away from him. Anytime I saw him pitch this post season he was a badass. As anemic as they were still able to scrap out runs enough to force a 7th game of the WS. I just think whatever praise he's getting is undoubtedly worth every bit of it.

They forced Game 7 because they got to face the likes of has-beens such as Peavy and Hudson. They forced Game 7 against a very so-so team who rode 1 dominant pitcher to the title. The Rangers had to face down Lincecum in his prime, Cain in his prime, and a young Bumgarner. I watched the Giants bullpen blow too many games this year to count to say they were a great team. They got hot at the right time, they've got a terrific manager, and they do have a young ace who dominated a mediocre lineup.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I hear how great people the Giants have on their roster one more time, I think I'll puke. Hunter Pence is a 1st class douche. I know too many guys who played against him at Arlington High and even one girl who went out with him on one date who said he was the most arrogant and unbelievably narcissistic a-hole on the planet.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this obese Chevy guy going to have a heart attack on camera? He is struggling to even breathe.

ESPN Refugee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if I hear how great people the Giants have on their roster one more time, I think I'll puke. Hunter Pence is a 1st class douche. I know too many guys who played against him at Arlington High and even one girl who went out with him on one date who said he was the most arrogant and unbelievably narcissistic a-hole on the planet.

Ya anytime I hear stuff like that I pretty much take it for what it is....it's on camera and there's not telling what they really are in real life. And maybe he was a douche in HS but as he's aged he's gotten mature and more humble?

Is this obese Chevy guy going to have a heart attack on camera? He is struggling to even breathe.

Ya it was a bit amusing but I just think he was really nervous for some reason which was a trickle down effect to heavy breathing, sweat etc.

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the same team that blew through Lester, Angels, Os and the entire Giants pitching staff BUT Bumgarner

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya anytime I hear stuff like that I pretty much take it for what it is....it's on camera and there's not telling what they really are in real life. And maybe he was a douche in HS but as he's aged he's gotten mature and more humble?

Could be. Everyone I know who knew him well as a complete dick knew him when he was a senior at Arlington High. Maybe it's unfair to say he's still that bad now. But he was one of those late-bloomers in terms of talent. He wasn't even Arlington's best player then and certainly not a sure-fire major leaguer. His ascent reminds me of that of Vernon Wells. Vernon Wells was at Bowie High School when I was a senior at Lamar. He was a 2-sport star athlete, but football was actually his best sport. He was Bowie's star QB but only a very good baseball player and not a top state prospect or anything.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same team that blew through Lester, Angels, Os and the entire Giants pitching staff BUT Bumgarner

Lester dominated them for most of the night, so I wouldn't say they blew through him. The A's bullpen choked that game away. As for the Angels... Jered Weaver and who else exactly? And the Orioles? Remind me which tough pitcher they had to face in that series?

The Royals offense is middle of the pack at best.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lester dominated them for most of the night, so I wouldn't say they blew through him. The A's bullpen choked that game away. As for the Angels... Jered Weaver and who else exactly? And the Orioles? Remind me which tough pitcher they had to face in that series?

The Royals offense is middle of the pack at best.
May be Will but they were there. Bottom line. I didn't like it at all but that doesn't change the fact they were not good enough to win the right to represent the AL. Give it up. It is what it is. A bitter loss.