• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014-15 Season

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 schedule out, Zona's schedule finalized...

Pac-12 announces 2014-15 men's basketball television schedule | Pac-12
Arizona Wildcats' 2014-15 men's basketball schedule finalized

Some thoughts:
- December home games against Gonzaga and Michigan will be on ESPN. December in general is gonna be awesome.
- We only play UCLA one time... again? I'm not sure why. Maybe they're letting each side have the home game, before getting back to playing twice for a few years?
- The other group we only play once is the Oregon schools, on the road.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 schedule out, Zona's schedule finalized...

Pac-12 announces 2014-15 men's basketball television schedule | Pac-12
Arizona Wildcats' 2014-15 men's basketball schedule finalized

Some thoughts:
- December home games against Gonzaga and Michigan will be on ESPN. December in general is gonna be awesome.
- We only play UCLA one time... again? I'm not sure why. Maybe they're letting each side have the home game, before getting back to playing twice for a few years?
- The other group we only play once is the Oregon schools, on the road.

It's fucking horse shit is what it is. The rotation is that we play every team twice except for two teams per year; one we play on the road, and one we play at home. I think we finished up playing the Washington school once for the last two years, so we play them twice again. UCLA we only played once last year, so we finish that up this season. Next we play Oregon only once this year and next. The only school that we will always play twice is ASU. I can't believe that we ever only play UCLA once a season, that's fucking ridiculous. I do know that when Colorado and Utah were added, it was worked in by request that the two SoCal schools and the two NorCal schools always play twice. That's garbage. Who gives a fuck if USC and Cal play twice a year? But it was requested, and it is what it is.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck ya! We are poised to have a HUGE year! I think we will finally see all the hard work Sean Miller has put into recruiting and developing this upcoming season. Final four or bust.

True dat. Anything less than final 4 is truly a disappointment. Especially since we likely lose all our starters after the season.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does your friend Kevin have a website I can check out? And I want to agree with you on sacrificing our defense this year without AG and NJ but not quite yet. I think we may still be lethal on defense. I mean we're gonna have an older more experienced front line and I'm confident that SJ and TJ can lock up the back court. We'll have to wait and see.

Sorry, just found this. Here's his page. He's also on Twitter, etc.

Kevin Zimmerman - Arizona Desert Swarm - Arizona Desert Swarm

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here's my question guys, looking to this year. Who is going to be our big-time 3pt shot guy? And broader than that, what is our team 3pt FG% going to be? I think everyone can improve from last year, but there are still big questions.

Will TJ improve from the perimeter, or only slightly?

SJ is really good from inside, but can he handle the step up in pressure at AZ?

What can we expect from RHJ?

I think BrAsh is going to be fine for a 4.

Will Zeus get over his career slump and even attempt a 3pt? :noidea:

If York does do well from 3pt, how many minutes does he get a game (read: PPG).

Can anyone else get the minutes and make the 3pts to be significant (Pitts, etc.)?

I mean, we have a lot of strength, but I do wonder what our 3pt game looks like. We shot 36% last year. How close to 40% can we get, and how do we get there?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing, is FTs!!!!

I know we lost Gordon, but we also lost Johnson. We still shot 66% from the line last year. York shot 67%, TJ shot 62% and RHJ shot 68%. Those guys, and SJ are going to need to step up. Hell, even Pitts shot like 38%. That shit's not going to cut it if we're going to cut down the nets. NJ spent a lot of time at the line last year and we still lost games at the line where we could have won them.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're winning it all this year. Count on it. This will be the year everything comes together, just watch.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys read this? Any thoughts? It's a little surprising that our chemistry seems to be weaker than Miller would like. I get that it is a new team with some new roles, and that is going to change chemistry. I think Miller is really poking the bear about trying to find a leader. Everyone is saying that it's TJ's team, and yet he seems to not be taking the lead like Miller is expecting. I wonder how this team settles in by Maui. Miller thinks that we might not be ready by then. I can see a team like UK, who brings in so many new faces a year, to struggle with chemistry. And I can see that our bench will need time to develop (because of the new faces). But really, TJ, BA, Zeus, York, Elliott (and RHJ to some extent) should anchor this team with pretty familiar roles, if not the exact same roles as last year.

I don't know. Like I said, I can completely understand a drop in chemistry with a new team. But I am a little surprised that Miller thinks we are so far behind where we were last year at this point, and that "we are not a very good team".

I have a ticket to the game on Sunday, and I will be excited to see what these guys look like out there.

Miller Heeds Caution with Expectations | PointGuardU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we play a exhibition today?

Yep, against Cal Poly Pamona at 4PM Tucson time. It should be on the Pac12 networks, and on various sites around the web if you don't have a subscription

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... is it just me, or is the Pac12 online feed very, very choppy today?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched on TV. Man we look rusty.

Yep. Just like coach Miller said in his press conference 3 days ago... they just are not a very good team right now.

Also. the rumor is (according to Miller) that Kadeem Allen might redshirt this season...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Just like coach Miller said in his press conference 3 days ago... they just are not a very good team right now.

Also. the rumor is (according to Miller) that Kadeem Allen might redshirt this season...

I was a little surprised to hear miller say he was thinking of redshirting KaDeem this season. I thought he was going to compete for minutes this season at the shooting guard spot. But, now that I think about it, that spot is a bit log jammed and giving KaDeem an extra year on the back end of his career might benefit him tremendously. I trust that coach miller will do what's best for him.