• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe our offense was so stale and unimaginative that they just watched a shit load of film, learned a good percentage of our signals, alignments, etc. and had us figured out before the whistle blew. The whole "stolen playbook" seems a little farfetched to me, but i don't think Dabo and Kevin Steele spending every waking minute for weeks getting ready for those games is that farfetched. Dabo knows the ACC championship comes through Blacksburg, and knew for his program to take the next step he needed to win the ACCCG. They damn sure knew what was going on before the snap on every play though, can't see how anyone can deny that. I don't necessarily believe that that knowledge was gained by unhonest means, but something happened. Oh well.....I bet it doesn't happen next year.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe our offense was so stale and unimaginative that they just watched a shit load of film, learned a good percentage of our signals, alignments, etc. and had us figured out before the whistle blew. The whole "stolen playbook" seems a little farfetched to me, but i don't think Dabo and Kevin Steele spending every waking minute for weeks getting ready for those games is that farfetched. Dabo knows the ACC championship comes through Blacksburg, and knew for his program to take the next step he needed to win the ACCCG. They damn sure knew what was going on before the snap on every play though, can't see how anyone can deny that. I don't necessarily believe that that knowledge was gained by unhonest means, but something happened. Oh well.....I bet it doesn't happen next year.

You're right; the coaching staff did their job and prepared the team properly. It's something Clemson hasn't had in years, and apparently, not something that can be done on a consistent basis. We'll see about next year though :whistle:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right; the coaching staff did their job and prepared the team properly. It's something Clemson hasn't had in years, and apparently, not something that can be done on a consistent basis. We'll see about next year though :whistle:

Seems like they should have spent a little more time on some of those other teams like NCState, GT, and USC-E though. I guess sacrificing 3 games for 1 when 1 is the ACCCG could be a decent trade depending on the person being asked though.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like they should have spent a little more time on some of those other teams like NCState, GT, and USC-E though. I guess sacrificing 3 games for 1 when 1 is the ACCCG could be a decent trade depending on the person being asked though.

To be honest, I hadn't really thought too much about it. I think a lot of it was the way our defense matched up against your offense, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Swinney sacrificed the NC State game one bit. GT was lost by Boyd; he made too many mistakes for us to have a chance. The SCar game however, was unexplainable and inexcusable. Those little chickenshit mother fuckers should never beat us twice in a row, much less three times... I would highly doubt (even as wacky as Dabo is) that he would intentionally use prep time for the chickens for the ACCCG :noidea:

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Oh, I absolutely think it's on VT. I would have thought VT's offense would have changed something up before the second meeting.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"The SCar game however, was unexplainable and inexcusable"

SC was just a better team. You can't go 6-2 in the SEC and not be a very good team.

Something doesn't seem right with the Clemson games last year. I mean I know our offense isn't the best but for them to get shut down twice against a defense that gave up yards and points to everyone else is suspect

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well a big part of it was shutting down the wide receiver screen which is a big part of our passing game. I don't know exactly how Clemson did it while other teams have not. Everyone should know VT loves those. Maybe they knew when it was coming because of a tell with the WRs?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I hadn't really thought too much about it. I think a lot of it was the way our defense matched up against your offense, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if Swinney sacrificed the NC State game one bit. GT was lost by Boyd; he made too many mistakes for us to have a chance. The SCar game however, was unexplainable and inexcusable. Those little chickenshit mother fuckers should never beat us twice in a row, much less three times... I would highly doubt (even as wacky as Dabo is) that he would intentionally use prep time for the chickens for the ACCCG :noidea:

I think some of it was matchup issues... Clemson's CBs being the major matchup issue to me. I think a lot of the first game was Logan not seeing an opposing team of that caliber to that point. Before that game VT had played App State, ECU, Arkansas State, and Marshall.... Clemson was on a completely different level than those guys, and I think it showed from a maturity stand point from Logan at times. Clemson had also played Auburn and FSU i think, so they weren't untested to that point. The second game IMO was a blend of Clemson being told they were going to get beat all week, pissed off that South Carolina just beat them again, and the complete opposite viewpoint from VT. VT was riding high like their shit didn't stink after a 38-0 beatdown of the 2nd best team in the coastal, which also happened to be their rival, and let the whole "they are twice as good of a team now than they were at the beginning of the season" get to their heads. Excuses are excuses I know, and it's really irrelevant now.... but the mental side of football and it's players sometimes doesn't get the attention from most that I seem to give it. Sometimes it's more than just "that team is just better than that one."

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there's some truth to that, but they also had a clear jump on some of those plays. They seemed to know exactly where to stack the deck every time. Better play calling (meaning something that wasn't 100% anticipated) would have likely led to a success somewhere.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's some truth to that, but they also had a clear jump on some of those plays. They seemed to know exactly where to stack the deck every time. Better play calling (meaning something that wasn't 100% anticipated) would have likely led to a success somewhere.

I agree.... just adding a little bit to the pot if you will. Our best cover corner, that shut Sammy down in the 1st game, getting hurt in the 1st qtr didn't help matters either. Redshirt freshman Detrick Bonner was not fast enough, agile enough, nor did he have the man coverage skills required to cover Sammy Watkins. That is why he will be starting at safety this year.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And that's why he will be looking up at a big number 1 this yr

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree.... just adding a little bit to the pot if you will. Our best cover corner, that shut Sammy down in the 1st game, getting hurt in the 1st qtr didn't help matters either. Redshirt freshman Detrick Bonner was not fast enough, agile enough, nor did he have the man coverage skills required to cover Sammy Watkins. That is why he will be starting at safety this year.

^^ He said POT and SAMMY in the same post. Again.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like it though I don't imagine Drew does .. Oh well -- it was on him and he didn't make the grades. Seems solid to me too but spreads out the depth a little better at RB (think Holmes will carry the load and Scales and JC are situational -- short yardage/spread looks). I also imagine that this doesn't hurt our chances with Green. May not help THAT much but it can't hurt.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like it though I don't imagine Drew does .. Oh well -- it was on him and he didn't make the grades. Seems solid to me too but spreads out the depth a little better at RB (think Holmes will carry the load and Scales and JC are situational -- short yardage/spread looks). I also imagine that this doesn't hurt our chances with Green. May not help THAT much but it can't hurt.
Edmunds will be a RB to start

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Harris will attend Fork Union Military Academy for a year to improve his academics before attempting to enroll again in college... Harris and Williamsburg wide receiver Thomas Smith are the only two players in the class expected to prep for a year. Both will be at Fork Union. Although Harris signed with Virginia Tech in February, his recruitment is technically re-opened. “We’re optimistic that he’ll be coming back to Virginia Tech when all is said and done,” Beamer said."

from http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...ing-back-drew-harris-will-prep-at-fork-union/

Can anyone confirm that Harris and Smith are really going to prep a full year, not just a semester? And should we now expect Baron, Wright, etc. to all show up this fall, or could we still see some of them enroll in January?

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
posted essentially the same questions in the comments after the article, and Andy Bitter gave this reply:

"Even prepping for a semester, it opens up your recruitment. He still has to re-sign with Virginia Tech (WR Robert Lockhart, for instance, chose to go to Miami in January after a semester at FUMA.) But Harris could prep for a semester and enroll in January if he gets his grades in order that quickly. From what I’ve been told, Harris and Smith were the only two that will prep. That doesn’t mean guys a few won’t grayshirt, which would delay their enrollment until January. Baron falls under this category. Wright may or may not. We’ll see if he’s here right away."

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
posted essentially the same questions in the comments after the article, and Andy Bitter gave this reply:

"Even prepping for a semester, it opens up your recruitment. He still has to re-sign with Virginia Tech (WR Robert Lockhart, for instance, chose to go to Miami in January after a semester at FUMA.) But Harris could prep for a semester and enroll in January if he gets his grades in order that quickly. From what I’ve been told, Harris and Smith were the only two that will prep. That doesn’t mean guys a few won’t grayshirt, which would delay their enrollment until January. Baron falls under this category. Wright may or may not. We’ll see if he’s here right away."
There is above a 50% chance that Wright enrolls in the summer...

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"Harris will attend Fork Union Military Academy for a year to improve his academics before attempting to enroll again in college... Harris and Williamsburg wide receiver Thomas Smith are the only two players in the class expected to prep for a year. Both will be at Fork Union. Although Harris signed with Virginia Tech in February, his recruitment is technically re-opened. “We’re optimistic that he’ll be coming back to Virginia Tech when all is said and done,” Beamer said."

from http://blogs.roanoke.com/andybitter...ing-back-drew-harris-will-prep-at-fork-union/

Can anyone confirm that Harris and Smith are really going to prep a full year, not just a semester? And should we now expect Baron, Wright, etc. to all show up this fall, or could we still see some of them enroll in January?
The will prep for a semester and re-apply, if they cannot qualify at that point they will either stay or look at other partial qualifier schools