• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Virginia Tech Commitment List

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we land Green or Smoke, will that likely move a guy like Mangus to the slot? We can only play so many RBs over the next few years

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DEVIN VANDYKE IS THE FUCKING MAN.

From the Free Rivals article:

What player or team are you most looking forward to going up against?
Clemson and UVA. I don't think Clemson gives us the respect that we deserve, just because of those two wins last year. I'm really excited to go down to Death Valley and show we're still dominant in the ACC. UVA, just because I don't like UVA. They didn't think I was good enough to get an offer from them for some odd reason, when they haven't won an ACC Championship in years.

HokieHaven.com - The New Class: Devin Vandyke

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

From the Free Rivals article:

Clemson and UVA. I don't think Clemson gives us the respect that we deserve, just because of those two wins last year. I'm really excited to go down to Death Valley and show we're still dominant in the ACC. UVA, just because I don't like UVA. They didn't think I was good enough to get an offer from them for some odd reason, when they haven't won an ACC Championship in years.

HokieHaven.com - The New Class: Devin Vandyke

It's good to know there's someone to pick up the Hoo hatred when Gayle is gone, and even better when that guy hasn't even had his redshirt year yet.
It feels as if complacency or boredom will be what one day ends this onslaught of 38(plus a kneeldown)-nothing ass-whippings. I doubt that happens on Gayle's watch, and perhaps the Vandyke brothers, as well.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Per @vtfanblog (although rumored for a while)

Gotta give @VTScoop247 credit for this, or well a poster on VTScoop on the free side but Drew Harris will prep this fall at FUMA.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was a good commit to have while it lasted... Selling point... More room for Derrick?

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he was a good commit to have while it lasted... Selling point... More room for Derrick?

He's a 2012 recruit, so at best, AFAICT, we can take another early enroll this summer, if that window hasn't already closed.

Correct me if Im wrong Evan.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how it would help us with Derrick. He's still committed at this point. He'll most likely get things together in the fall and be a spring enroll. Yes, he could decide to prep the full year and then go somewhere else, but then he's wasted the advantage of participating in spring drills, and it's not exactly like our current depth chart is so stacked as to scare him off. Now, if he can't get things together in one semester and has to prep the full year, that's where we might lose him. Especially if we pulled in Derrick and they'd be showing up at the same time. But even then, I'd say the odds are he stays unless someone knows something I don't about him having a change of heart.

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:rolleyes: I'm sure this will be bulletin board material next season

Rocky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, someone is all hopped up on the RD news.

Do you really need to have motivation to play us as tough as you can? FWIW, wanting to get even for two embarrassing defeats last year is hardly BB material. They already know we will be loaded for bear.

RB is one player. He will likely play one year and jump to the NFL.

And, who is to say if he will be healthy when we play? Maybe he will still be learning how to figure out his reads. I don't see the big deal personally.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Assuming VT changes their offensive playbook enough from the one that Clemson seems to be in possession of, and changes their signals, I'm sure they'll do just fine.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just need to disguise some of our packages and formations. Mix things up enough to where having our play book could be used against them in some cases. Would get them from overplaying

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, someone is all hopped up on the RD news.

Do you really need to have motivation to play us as tough as you can? FWIW, wanting to get even for two embarrassing defeats last year is hardly BB material. They already know we will be loaded for bear.

RB is one player. He will likely play one year and jump to the NFL.

And, who is to say if he will be healthy when we play? Maybe he will still be learning how to figure out his reads. I don't see the big deal personally.

Just stirring the pot a little :ss:

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming VT changes their offensive playbook enough from the one that Clemson seems to be in possession of, and changes their signals, I'm sure they'll do just fine.

This isn't the first or second time I've heard this; is this a serious rumor floating around?