• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Rotation?

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no reason to throw big money at Fielder, especially when you have to make big decisions on Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton and Young in the next 2-3 years, along with Wilson this offseason

we will have the money what was it last year from the play-offs an extra 40 million thats two players at 20 million for the year paid right there and i dont think cruz/ian/josh are going to get monster deals so we will be in a good position to keep them all with spending on fielder(at a certain price im not suggesting going crazy after fielder )

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ian,nellie and josh will be 32/31 and have their injury history when its contract time i see them getting 10-15 mil over 4 years thats my guess josh might get 15-18 mil though or we could do a jordan type deal large money for only two years,,,there are ways to get everything and i believe the front office can get it done and we will making a lot of play-off runs in the future

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bone you should post here more bro I like reading your posts regarding the horns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Prince could put up monster numbers hitting in our park. I'd love to see him on the team but not to the chagrin of re-signing some of the key pieces we already have. Moreland was a big disappointment this year IMO. Terrible against lefties, nothing special defensively, and for the power he's shown at times, his home run and RBI total were pretty shitty. Not saying he won't improve, just saying Fielder would be a big upgrade at the moment. I don't think you can dismiss him because of his defense because Moreland is no gold glover either. He only had a few errors but I can't recall ever really being wowed by his glove and I saw most of the games this year. Honestly, I really liked Young at 1B. I wouldn't mind seeing him play 1B permanently with Fielder as a DH. But like I said earlier, he's not a priority. Re-signing CJ and our other position players, while trying to acquire another good SP is our priority. I'm also pretty sold on Darvish and wouldn't blame the Rangers for spending big bucks on him, especially since NYY will be looking to do the same thing.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extra revenue we gain should be going to the players we want to re-sign and not spending 15 million a year to overpay some overweight, no defense 1B

If we're going to take a chance, go pitching in Darvish

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The extra revenue we gain should be going to the players we want to re-sign and not spending 15 million a year to overpay some overweight, no defense 1B

If we're going to take a chance, go pitching in Darvish

you do know darvish is going to take 50 mil or more just to have the right to talk to him then we will have to sign him...or take that money and spread it around to prince and other players(and also we have josh/ian until 2014) so they wont need deals for 2 years

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do know darvish is going to take 50 mil or more just to have the right to talk to him then we will have to sign him...or take that money and spread it around to prince and other players(and also we have josh/ian until 2014) so they wont need deals for 2 years

You don't know that it's going to take 50mil. After what's happened with other Japanese pitchers I doubt 50mil is going to be the posting price. I think it will be around 30mil. I'd rather go after pitching than another bat!

Whatever management decides to do I'm going to support them100% because they know what they're doing.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to extend some key players until 2015. I'd offer Nellie, Josh, and Ian deals to make sure they're here at least until then. I'd tack on another year as an option.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know that it's going to take 50mil. After what's happened with other Japanese pitchers I doubt 50mil is going to be the posting price. I think it will be around 30mil. I'd rather go after pitching than another bat!

Whatever management decides to do I'm going to support them100% because they know what they're doing.

maybe but darvish is way more coveted than the others and if dice-k got 51 million dont you think the yanks/sox are going to raise it up a bit..its not like the sox are hurting for money after the dice-k deal so they wont be scared to do it again

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to extend some key players until 2015. I'd offer Nellie, Josh, and Ian deals to make sure they're here at least until then. I'd tack on another year as an option.

i agree and like i said earlier we have the money to get nellie,ian,josh,cj and prince and then we will more than likely keep having play-offs and making more money to spend on players

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fielder is going to want about 20 mill for 5 years, thats about what Darvish would cost with the posting fee, there would be no "spreading it around"

I trust JD to not waste money on a fat sloth though, so I'm not going to debate this further

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is going to want about 20 mill for 5 years, thats about what Darvish would cost with the posting fee, there would be no "spreading it around"

I trust JD to not waste money on a fat sloth though, so I'm not going to debate this further

so you want to spend 100 mil on an unknown pitcher(and hope his arm doesnt blow out) over a proven mlb hitter who hasnt had much of a injury history,,meanwhile the farm and current roster has very good young cheap arms??????

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can never have too many pitchers, and a lot of our AAA pitchers are coming off rough seasons

No I said if you're going to spend foolishly, spend it on a pitcher

I don't want Fielder eating up payroll like he eats Twinkies

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'd rather give that kind of money to Pujols

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of you seem to be down on getting Darvish, so how about James Shields? with the emergence of Matt Moore, they are saying that Shields has become expendable to Tampa

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of you seem to be down on getting Darvish, so how about James Shields? with the emergence of Matt Moore, they are saying that Shields has become expendable to Tampa

I like him in that he knows how to pitch, is a workhouse and gets strikeouts

BUT very troubling is the high numbers of HRs he gives up, seems like Colby Lewis with a better fastball

I think he's somewhere between who he was this year )great) and last year (when he was horendous),

I think long term look at his 2009 season to get an idea of who he is, maybe slightly better