• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 Rotation?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CJ walks that leaves us with Ogando, Harrison, Holland, and Lewis. But what if we resign CJ. If posted do we make a play for Yu Darvish and if we get him what do we do with Neftali? Isn't he going to be turned into a Starter next year? And what do we do about our minor league SP depth?

What do you all think will happen? I think we'll resign CJ and possibly look to trade Colby Lewis, freeing up a spot for Neftali or Yu Darvish. If not CJ could we go after CC?

Having so many viable options is great! Remember when we'd just take guys off of the scrap heap and put them in our rotation. I'm glad those days are gone.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If CJ walks that leaves us with Ogando, Harrison, Holland, and Lewis. But what if we resign CJ. If posted do we make a play for Yu Darvish and if we get him what do we do with Neftali? Isn't he going to be turned into a Starter next year? And what do we do about our minor league SP depth?

What do you all think will happen? I think we'll resign CJ and possibly look to trade Colby Lewis, freeing up a spot for Neftali or Yu Darvish. If not CJ could we go after CC?

Having so many viable options is great! Remember when we'd just take guys off of the scrap heap and put them in our rotation. I'm glad those days are gone.

i think we re-sign CJ and maybe look at Pineiro. and we keep Feliz at closer and re-sign Uehara

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Uehara through 2012. Not necessary to resign him to retain him through 2012. With CJ liking batting as much as he does admittedly there may be a decent chance he goes to San Francisco. Lots of talent there and it is on the west coast. LA will undoubtedly make a play for him. Another option for him that we will have to consider as he may give them the hometown discount. Honestly, I hope we resign him but we have to plan as if he won't.

Texas will surely go after Sabathia, but I am not sure how he feels about pitching in Texas and I am not sure how hard they will pursue him. I doubt Feliz comes into the rotation after struggling this year. Remember who the owner is. I am willing to bet his mindset is if he has trouble closing he sure can't start right now. Anyone know when Weaver is a FA?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the thing about having ace caliber prospects is that you won't go out and spend a trillion bucks on a guy because you think he might be an ace. See Barry Zito. So you can sit back and make smart baseball decisions rather than be desperate. I tend to think CJ resigns here especially if they have another wonderful post season run and he performs like an ace. If he falls flat they may go in a different direction.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy troll JP the Rancher over at ESPN writes:

"Rangers should go after Zambrano!

He could be the ace on this pitching staff next season. Wilson doesn't have what it takes to be an ace. And he can also light a fire under this team. Some worry about his antics, but I think he will keep that in check coming to a team that jas a chance to win."

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My responses to that idiot troll and what surely will get deleted and possibly get me banned are the following three posts:

Post 1:

Alright, lets denigrate CJ after giving up 1 runs in 6 innings while striking out 7. He is 17 in the league in ERA after going through a rough patch. He is #6 in the league in strikeouts and #9 in innings pitched. All in all I'd say he is a top 10-15 pitcher. I happen to like his guile, competitiveness and his pitching repertoire.

Post 2:

Did you say go after Carlos Zambrano? Man, I've been drinking to much. OMG, you want to trade DOWN to Zambrano who is freaking terrible and not only that he is a freaking terrible teammate who throws hissy fits and intentionally threw at a guy just so he'd get tossed from the game. I just don't know what to say. To insult CJ in this manner is beyond reprehensible.

Post 3:

I mean, my god Zambrano hasn't been worth a crap in years you freaking stupid troll. He has a 4.82 ERA in the National freaking league. Good for #57. And he has only struck out 101 guys while walking 56 and has a sterling 1.44 WHIP.

Honestly dude, he'd be the absolute WORST pitcher on the Rangers staff. Not the freaking ace. Not the #2. Not the #3. He'd be the worst freaking pitcher on the GD team. Heck, if you are going to freaking troll the board you might want to do some basic freaking research you GD piece of scat.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I overreact? I don't think so.

What kind of stupid ass baseball fan would want that piece of shit on his team rather than a quality, upstanding pitcher like CJ Wilson who battles hard, who has a complete repertoire and who takes on all challenges and gives it his all?

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I overreact? I don't think so.

What kind of stupid ass baseball fan would want that piece of shit on his team rather than a quality, upstanding pitcher like CJ Wilson who battles hard, who has a complete repertoire and who takes on all challenges and gives it his all?

No you did no over react. He's a moron!

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didn't realize we had Uehara thru 2012. that's great. but i still see us re-signing C.J. and bringing in a starter

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We HAVE to resign CJ Wilson for next year. He's our ACE even if other teams view him as a number 2.

I still think we should make a play for Yu Darvish even after we sign CJ. We can then see what we can get for Colby Lewis. Maybe we can upgrade at 1st base. I know the Royals are looking for pitching, I wonder if they'd deal any of their 1st baseman. I like Mitch but it's a position that we could still upgrade. Or we don't upgrade at 1st and just have a platoon of Mitch, MY, and Napoli so we can keep Napoli's bat in the lineup when he's not catching.

If we don't sign Darvish then we need to consider moving Neftali into the number 5 spot in the rotation. If we're going to do it then next year is the year to do it.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we re-sign CJ and Michael Gonzalez. we sign Darvish and trade Colby. Starting 5 CJ, Darvish, Holland, Ogando & Harrison

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with the obsession about Darvish? He is an unknown quantity until he starts mowing down major league hitters. The Japanese majors may be the best baseball in the World outside of the U.S. but it still isn't as good as Major League Baseball.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with the obsession about Darvish? He is an unknown quantity until he starts mowing down major league hitters. The Japanese majors may be the best baseball in the World outside of the U.S. but it still isn't as good as Major League Baseball.

he has been pitching in what i consider AAAA baseball and has something like a 75-32 record in Japan. he is a polished pitcher with 6 different pitches (2 different FB's (4-seam & 2-seam), a slurve, a curve, a change-up & a splitter) who is ready to step into the next level. and he's only 24.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Am with Ginger ... no reason for CJ to go elsewhere having gotten to the post season w/TEX both years he started assuming TEX can be close to the contract he wants.

Sabathia isn't going anywhere other than NYY. He's their ace. Do you think he would hold out for more money from Kansas City?

Feliz IMO has to fight like CJ did for his next SP opportunity. If he doesn't fight for the opportunity to be an SP ... they aren't going to push him again.

I'd expect TEX to exercise their club option on Colby for 2012 and spend the offseason with Ogando ... so there might be only a small opportunity for the several developing SPs at AAA. Plus ... there is always Feldman who has to be factored into the mix too.

TEX got by with seven SPs this season. Not sure when the last time that was for a team to go all the way through the season and only use that few. Most teams plan on needing somewhere around 9 or 10 SPs. So there is room on the list.

I don't see TEX going after Darvish ... except to make it look like they are playing there and pushing the price up for those wanting to deal with the Ham Fighters. Name another Japanese league SP who has come in and produced on the mound to earn a TORP contract.

In any case ... believe Darvish wants to wait until his contract is up so teams don't have to pay such a high premium to deal for him.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he has been pitching in what i consider AAAA baseball and has something like a 75-32 record in Japan. he is a polished pitcher with 6 different pitches (2 different FB's (4-seam & 2-seam), a slurve, a curve, a change-up & a splitter) who is ready to step into the next level. and he's only 24.

Got that right ... AAAA. Scotty ... Name one Japanese SP who has equalled his hype when he got here.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think cj is going anywhere and i doubt we get darvish(are we going to pay the 50 mil just to talk to him when we are loaded with pitching depth)....and i would hope we save that money and make a play for fielder

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fielder is too fat to play in 100deg heat.

TEX has plenty of 1b prospects coming up ... plus give Moreland the winter to square things away. Fielder doesn't add any value to this lineup.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fielder is too fat to play in 100deg heat.

TEX has plenty of 1b prospects coming up ... plus give Moreland the winter to square things away. Fielder doesn't add any value to this lineup.

if you dont think fielder adds to the line-up that is just nuts....and the heat will help him shed some pounds ;)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
texas will get another influx of cash with a deep play-off run and back2back years and if you use that to get fielder and cj......then we got fielder,ian,elvis,beltre,hamilton,cruz,murphy,martin,endy,napoli,moreland to go with our pitching....we will be making deep play-off runs for years and have tons off depth through minors to make any deadline deal we see fit or just to reload over the years

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no reason to throw big money at Fielder, especially when you have to make big decisions on Cruz, Kinsler, Hamilton and Young in the next 2-3 years, along with Wilson this offseason