• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2011 College Football Rankings

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine that?! Frank Beamer always produces a solid squad, every damn year ever since they were in the Big East. I haven't seen too much Thomas though to form a solid opinion - but I read a lot of positive things about him during spring football.

What do you think of Phillip Sims from 'Bama, Clyde? I saw this kid 2 yrs ago when he was in HS, and he looked like he had it. A little short, but I liked what I saw from him during spring football.

I know this wasn't meant for me Bingo, but here's my take on the kid: Mad arm strength who can absolutely gun it but his accuracy needs work. I saw P.S. duke out in an Under Armour QB competition in Orlando and there was no question that Simms can bomb it. With the wideouts Bama has (despite losing Julio) the vertical threat is now a viable option. McElroy was good for their offense, but his lack of arm strength really hampered the offense in a way. Simms had accuracy problems in the Under Armour competition and showed some of that in the Bama Spring practice game from last year.

Bama is no. 2 right now, should be interesting.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
624d2e4d96474fe1aae634b9f67ae6e9

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Ohio State Buckeyes. Tough off season for us... Will be a good season if we at least beat U of M.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sucks bray's numbers are better but he played easier teams when simms was playing agianst florida,georgia,lsu,alabama etc

I agree that Bray played the easier schedule out of the two, but I for one think he has a much higher ceiling than Simms. I still cringe thinking about how much Simms would stare down his receivers and hold on to the football WAY longer than he should have. When I could see from up in the stands which receiver Simms was locked in on, that's saying something.

Bray for now has that Favre-like (not comparing him to Favre at all) gunslinger mentality which may lead to his demise. I hope he realizes that some of those heaves that worked against the lesser teams will not against the meat of the SEC. Regardless, I personally think in the big picture, Bray gives us a better shot at winning...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms was garbage and doesn't deserve to sniff the field. He's easily one of the worst QBs I have had the displeasure of watching. I think Bray will be around for a while.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simms was garbage and doesn't deserve to sniff the field. He's easily one of the worst QBs I have had the displeasure of watching. I think Bray will be around for a while.

I don't agree with the garbage part, but I agree (if you're implying this) that McCarron should start for Bama. More accuracy, more poise in the pocket, and better instincts overall should give A.J. the nodd for Bama. The fact that he has Richardson for probably one more year, Lacy, and that freshman whose name escapes me should take a lot of pressure off of McCarron.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking Matt Simms of UT.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed Ray! I'm really curious to see what Dooley does with the QB depth chart this season. Wonder if he will redshift Worley who I think has the tools to be better than Bray. But that will leave us with Simms behind him and like you, I hope he doesnt sniff the field ever again! Nance is about as useless and I'm sure he was recruited only to bring Rogers with him.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't forget about ol Crompdaddy...:whistle:

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Ray! I'm really curious to see what Dooley does with the QB depth chart this season. Wonder if he will redshift Worley who I think has the tools to be better than Bray. But that will leave us with Simms behind him and like you, I hope he doesnt sniff the field ever again! Nance is about as useless and I'm sure he was recruited only to bring Rogers with him.

He was...and I kinda feel sorry for him. He could probably be starting at Vandy, lol.

trancemeister

Niner Faithful
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Schaefer! What a bonehead!

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta route on my Fresno State Bulldogs. Chances are we will suck like we have a for a long time.

I think Stanford has a really good chance to make a run at it this year. Their offense is loaded (obviously) and they kept most of their Defense. South Carolina has a good shot as well. Their offense is going to put some insane numbers this year. You can never count Bama out, but i think Stanford vs South Carolina could end up being the championship game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta route on my Fresno State Bulldogs. Chances are we will suck like we have a for a long time.

I think Stanford has a really good chance to make a run at it this year. Their offense is loaded (obviously) and they kept most of their Defense. South Carolina has a good shot as well. Their offense is going to put some insane numbers this year. You can never count Bama out, but i think Stanford vs South Carolina could end up being the championship game.

Stanford University's Official Athletic Site - Football

Sept. 17 - @ Zona
Oct. 29 - @ USC
Nov. 12 - vs Oregon Afflacs
Nov. 19 - vs. Cal (Yeah baby)
Dec. 2 - Pac 12 Championship game

those are the games on the list I'm looking at for Stanford to see if they can pull it off. Obviously, on the road against Barkley and co. is going to be tough and stopping that Oregon offense on the farm is going to be a challenge. The Big Game against an improved Cal team should also be interesting to note.

South Carolina's schedule:
2011 South Carolina Gamecocks Football Schedule

They have Tennessee and Arkansas on the road and Florida the following week at home? Yowserz... Having the talent on offense including Lattimore and Alshon J. along with the no. 1 recruit on defense should help, but I don't know if South Caro is that deep of a squad to come out on top of the SEC East. They definitely have a shot as this is their best year to do it, but I don't know.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford University's Official Athletic Site - Football

Sept. 17 - @ Zona
Oct. 29 - @ USC
Nov. 12 - vs Oregon Afflacs
Nov. 19 - vs. Cal (Yeah baby)
Dec. 2 - Pac 12 Championship game

those are the games on the list I'm looking at for Stanford to see if they can pull it off. Obviously, on the road against Barkley and co. is going to be tough and stopping that Oregon offense on the farm is going to be a challenge. The Big Game against an improved Cal team should also be interesting to note.

South Carolina's schedule:
2011 South Carolina Gamecocks Football Schedule

They have Tennessee and Arkansas on the road and Florida the following week at home? Yowserz... Having the talent on offense including Lattimore and Alshon J. along with the no. 1 recruit on defense should help, but I don't know if South Caro is that deep of a squad to come out on top of the SEC East. They definitely have a shot as this is their best year to do it, but I don't know.

I'm looking forward to see Stanford get another shot at Orgeon. That should be a really exciting game to watch. If they won that game last year they probably would have gone to the championship game.

Yeah South Carolina has a really good Offense. That Bama game could go either way. I still think South Carolina should beat em. Bama lost quite a few players this off season, but they are always tough to beat.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know this wasn't meant for me Bingo, but here's my take on the kid: Mad arm strength who can absolutely gun it but his accuracy needs work. I saw P.S. duke out in an Under Armour QB competition in Orlando and there was no question that Simms can bomb it. With the wideouts Bama has (despite losing Julio) the vertical threat is now a viable option. McElroy was good for their offense, but his lack of arm strength really hampered the offense in a way. Simms had accuracy problems in the Under Armour competition and showed some of that in the Bama Spring practice game from last year.

Bama is no. 2 right now, should be interesting.

Waddup Yosh, so this is where you have been posting all these years...slowly weaning out of ESPN board entirely. lol. Anyway, the first part...was that an assessment of Thomas or Simms? The other QB from 'Bama is a solid player as well. He's 6-4 and also has a gun as an arm. He looked good in spring football as well.