• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#2 wr

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
6 feet 4 inches tall - 230 pounds, Jonathan Dupree Balwin.

Andy Reid didn't give him a chance. Let's see if he can steal this #2 spot...!

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 feet 4 inches tall - 230 pounds, Jonathan Dupree Balwin.

Andy Reid didn't give him a chance. Let's see if he can steal this #2 spot...!

That would seem to be the hope. This guys is certainly not lacking in size or talent! If he can get his head screwed on straight, this may be one of Baalke's better moves. My hope is that this trade wakes this kid up and lights a fire under his ass.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe one of them can get going with a fresh start. Baldwin looked horrible in that game though, and I definitely don't like the things I heard about him. On the flip side I just don't see how Alex will be able to do much with Jenkins. Very good outside the box move on both teams to avoid the consequences of the cut. I could see Jenkins eventually put something together, but not with Alex. Baldwin could easily be on the outside looking in right now, and I don't see them showing much patience with him getting up to speed.

The surprise about this to me is that Alex Smith would seem to work a lot better with bigger receivers than someone like Jenkins, but if he has no confidence in the guy I guess it wouldn't matter at all anyway.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Niners' inability to develop WRs is a real topic. Do we think of making a change to the coaching staff if we can't get some production there? Or if Moore/Williams/Patton emerge, does it vindicate the coaching?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the Niners' inability to develop WRs is a real topic. Do we think of making a change to the coaching staff if we can't get some production there? Or if Moore/Williams/Patton emerge, does it vindicate the coaching?

Crabtree developed fine.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Inability to develop and/or draft. Crabtree was kind of a gimme as far as getting drafted where he was, so I'm not sure how much credit they get for that one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Crabtree developed fine.

Did he? He was pretty good right off the bat, and was a top-10 talent (arguably to some), so I'm not really willing to say that he "developed" all that much. Besides, at this point he's a sample of one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No argument here, but that's in large part because most receiving corps are better at the top end. I like Boldin, but he's not an impact receiver at this point. However, with Davis, Kap, and a run-first approach, it's enough to keep us competitive, certainly. With Manningham out until October at least, I don't know.

Through half the preseason, we're really hurting at WR. Boldin is a pale imitation of Crabtree at this point, and Moore a pale imitation of Manningham. Though it's worth noting that Moore and Manningham have very similar size and Moore may have the better measurables. Here's to hoping he can surprise, though he'd still be a third or fourth in most scenarios.

yep, we wish we had more at WR, but we SHOULD be competitive. for the passing game, it starts with Kaep's accuracy and timing, followed by protection.

in the larger picture, still think it comes down to defense? most teams have offensive weapons, but not all teams have solid defenses.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Did he? He was pretty good right off the bat, and was a top-10 talent (arguably to some), so I'm not really willing to say that he "developed" all that much. Besides, at this point he's a sample of one.

just my opinion.........but as a #10 overall felt he should've developed faster and to a higher level? just a little more faster and just a little bit higher today.

granted he didn't start in a good offense, so not stats. IMO he didn't 'flash' that potential early on and hence, he was a little of that 'Jenkins' in late 2009, and 2010.