• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

#2 wr

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I believe that a solid #2 receiver will emerge from the group that we have at camp. My money is on Kyle Williams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Shutter

Get better soon Mario. Kyle Williams isn't even an average #2 or #3 WR IMO.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to scare you bro.. but I really think he has the ability.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question his ability to step up coming off injury. I expect him to play like a competent yet not great #3.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think the passing game will be greatly improved from last year. Not because of better receivers, but because improvement by Kaepernick. I just think Williams skill set provides a unique target. Quick in tight space, runs good routes, tough, has above average speed, and has an in depth understanding of the offense. His ability to stay healthy is the biggest question mark.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally am rooting for Patton and Collie to step in and have an impact

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is good. Solid #2 and very nice #3. I think Boldin, Mario and Williams is a good 3 WR rotation. Its our #4 and #5 that I am worried about.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Remember before Williams got hurt it seemed like he was always coming up with 3rd down conversions. It wasn't until Williams got hurt that Crabtree started getting all those receptions.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ironically a #2 usually does stink

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that a solid #2 receiver will emerge from the group that we have at camp. My money is on Kyle Williams.

Williams was a special teams guy with marginal roster talent even when he was healthy. Now that he's coming off a major injury I'm not sure how you can think he is a legit #2.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have one legit #2 guy in Anquan Boldin; we don't have a # 1 type guy.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have a bettet idea when Patton gets healed. Last game Moore looked solid in limited snaps, as well as Lockette. Lockette drew two pI's with solid route running (though the first was questionable). Im sure we'll see a ton of Lockette next game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think the passing game will be greatly improved from last year. Not because of better receivers, but because improvement by Kaepernick. I just think Williams skill set provides a unique target. Quick in tight space, runs good routes, tough, has above average speed, and has an in depth understanding of the offense. His ability to stay healthy is the biggest question mark.

we certainly hope so and yes, that would be the biggest factor for improvement. the next is pass protect and there is no reason why it shouldn't be good? not perfect, but good.

so with these two things going well, our current receivers is enough to get the job done. we all wish we had better WR's, but STILL think our passing game will be fine. do not think we'll have 'one' #2 WR anyway, it'll be by committee.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams is good. Solid #2 and very nice #3. I think Boldin, Mario and Williams is a good 3 WR rotation. Its our #4 and #5 that I am worried about.

Williams a solid #2? Re-evaluate that one.
Williams a solid #3? Re-evaluate that one, too.
Williams a solid #4? You're getting warm...
Williams a solid #5? Jackpot.

Boldin, Manningham and Williams are a below average WR trio. :nod:

Fortunately, Kaep can fire the ball extrememly well into very tight windows or they'd be
a poor NFL WR trio. Plus, VDavis is now a 1,000 yd TE and is the #1 weapon.

I'd be worried about more than your #4 and #5. Let's be honest about what you're watching out there.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If we were a heavy duty passing team I would be more worried but Davis and Boldin are good enough to hold things down until Crabtree comes back which hopefully is in December which will give him time to get a few games in before the playoffs.

I think we'll see the #2 WR vary depending on formation and game situation. If we're trying to kill the clock and run the ball we'll see Williams over a guy like say Jenkins since he's a better run blocker. If we need big chunks of yardage you might see a speedier guy like a Jenkins/Lockette or whoever over Williams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
ironically a #2 usually does stink

js8z.gif

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
""Manningham update: The wide receiver corps won't be bolstered by Mario Manningham for at least two months."

This is just the opening salvo of the 49ers' "Brave Face" campaign on Manningham. As I said, we will not see him this season.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fortunately, Kaep can fire the ball extrememly well into very tight windows or they'd be

I'd be worried about more than your #4 and #5. Let's be honest about what you're watching out there.

It really doesn't matter as we go out of a two TE set most of the time. Rarely did we go past three WR and typically that was VD split out wide. Realistically with McDonald and VD at TE and Boldin as one of our WR, it's not the end of the world if we have Collie or Williams running on the other side. If we passed it like 45 times a game, I would be more worried. Because of our running game, I'm not.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No argument here, but that's in large part because most receiving corps are better at the top end. I like Boldin, but he's not an impact receiver at this point. However, with Davis, Kap, and a run-first approach, it's enough to keep us competitive, certainly. With Manningham out until October at least, I don't know.

Through half the preseason, we're really hurting at WR. Boldin is a pale imitation of Crabtree at this point, and Moore a pale imitation of Manningham. Though it's worth noting that Moore and Manningham have very similar size and Moore may have the better measurables. Here's to hoping he can surprise, though he'd still be a third or fourth in most scenarios.