• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2-1

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
way to ignore what i said

LOL... I literally I addressed you point by point. Like the internet douche that I'm apparently acting like in this thread.

at no point did i mention that you were our bitch that year.
you first stated that our first 5 wins that year were handed to us on a silver platter.

No, I didn't. I said the "majority". Not all. You beat the Bears fair and square on that Monday night. You beat us good. That game was a huge wake up call for the Bears. Martz made a lot of adjustments with the offense, and we went on to win five straight until Cutler and Forte went down in the same week. We were playing the best football I had seen since the 06 Super Bowl team. Tragedy when that season was put to a hault by injuries, but that's the NFL for ya.

I was referring more to the Minnesota and Dallas games. I also believe there was a 3rd one that you guys more or less stole.

you were part of our first 5 wins. what would you call a divisional opponent handing your team first place on a silver platter on national TV? i simply commented on how submissive, agreeable and dog-like you team was that monday night 2011.

Fair enough. I also never claimed that you said; "The Bears were the Lions bitch the entire year". If you recall, after I brought up the Bears route of the Lions. I said; "I digress, because that's irrelevant".

best wasn't supposed to be an every down back he did make the team much more consistent ala reggie bush and darren sproles.

Maybe so, but a guy that averages 3.2 YPC in his one full season, and then never really plays again... doesn't really solve your running game.

the saints are better with them than without and so were we with best and now with bush. a point you so conveniently proved when you juxtaposed the next game without him against the bears.

Bush and Sproles have had FAR more consistent production, and FAR more longevity in this league. Best doesn't compare to those two guys.

this argument is not about best though. this is about you coming over here making inflammatory comments on how we were going to stumble at the end of the season and then getting pissy when we jumped all over your ass because of it.

I made a prediction that you guys would win, but that you're not a good team. You guys proceeded to jump all over me, put words in my mouth, and call me a troll and an asshole. Yes, in the moment I may have overreacted (okay, maybe I WAY overreacted), but it just lit a fire under my ass that you guys acted like the Lions have NEEEEVER done what I've claimed they've done, and instead of addressing the point. You chose to come after me, and then bring up the Bears past failures.

just because smitty pointed out a segment of cantankerous fans to you doesn't mean i argue with them any less nor does it give you carte blanche to be a jackass.

I never said it did. However, give me a freaking break... when your fans say that same shit, it doesn't get treated NEARLY the same as when I said it. NOTHING I said was that far off base. You guys were just turned off by the language. Then acted like completely condescending jack offs, as if you guys NEEEEVER use the word "fuck" or "shit" in your life. Get over it...

finally i wasn't saying you didn't know about your team's short comings just that your first post was derogatory and the antithesis of a troll who did not know about their team.

Fair enough, even though I think I've proven that not true.

"if i went over to the bears board and said "i think suh will hit cutler so hard he breaks his insulin pump this weekend and your team will be exposed as one dimensional, but you will probably beat us this weekend"

Uhm... wow... if you think that's ANYTHING near what I said, that's rather absurd. That comment would be taking a personal shot at Cutler for a medical condition he has. Not to mention, I never said you would be exposed.

Here's what would be a better example:

"The Bears are lucky to have snuck by weak competition in their past two games, and will choke like they always do down the stretch. However, you will beat us this week. Just don't get your hopes up, because you guys aren't that good."

That's pretty much what I said to you guys, so I don't know why in the version where you come to our board, you're all of the sudden getting into dark detail about Jay Cutler's diabetic condition.

do you think i would not receive any crap? i can tell you one thing i would be more prepared for the inevitable flame war than you were when you supposedly just came to talk about this weekend's game.

Sure, you would have people respond to you. However, not every single person on the board would call you an asshole or a troll. Most would attack the comment from a football standpoint. Also, I EXPECTED to take shit from people for that. I just didn't expect you guys to handle it so childishly. I thought you guys would actually respond with something relevant. Not call me names.

I also really didn't mean for my post to come off as being outrageous. I really didn't think it was that bad, until I read it back. I swore a lot, so what? Is it really THAT big of a deal.

My god... I've apologized HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES? Christ. Why do you guys want to drag this out?

You guys are really acting like pricks. All over a few F-bombs. My lord.

Last edited by a moderator:

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made a prediction that you guys would win, but that you're not a good team.
First time I have ever seen a Bears fan pick the Lions to beat the Bears. We must be good. In fact, I posted that we are scary-good with a healthy Bush and Broyles/Edwards. We may be hard to beat. Bushless we are still a tough team to beat. I know very little about the Bears but I hope you are right about them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mean to go off, but being called a "troll" kind of pissed me off. I didn't come here to be an ass. I really didn't. I came here to talk about the upcoming game.

Bullshit.

You're opening sentence was "you guys aren't a good team"- that pretty much sums up your intentions right there. You came here to troll and pick a fight. Mission accomplished.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been booted yet. The admins here take trolling very seriously, and guys like you kind of stand out when you post like you have been on this thread...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
34 to the Vikings, 21 and a loss to the Cards, and allowed 20 to a struggling Washington offense. Playing them down to the wire.

I don't buy for a second that your defense is improved, but maybe you're right. Maybe you guys will shut the Bears down on Sunday. Until then, I think it's the same Lions defense. A great front four, with a BAD defensive backfield that can get picked apart by any decent offense.

You're an idiot. We gave up 24 to the vikings, not 34. Way to tack on ten points to try to support your struggling hypothesis. On the season we've given up 65 points to the Bears 74 so far this year. The Vikings scored more on you than they did on us, and we held AP under 100 yards, you guys did not.

2013 Lions defense > 2013 Bears defense. Simple as that...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently this troll thinks he's an author, because he keeps kicking out these fucking novels...

WMU1979

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a healthy Bush plays we win.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 Lions defense > 2013 Bears defense. Simple as that...
I dunno about that just yet. Too early to tell exactly how each of D's will wind up. I'd say each unit has their issues. We'll see this Sunday how they stack up against each other.

I'd say one of our main problems is falling for play action or the play of pulling the action to one side of the field and throwing it to the other side. We don't stay disciplined enough to stop those plays. And Chicago, from what I've seen, loves the play action this year.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are really acting like pricks. All over a few F-bombs. My lord.
First off, yes I'd say you do need Jesus. Secondly, it's not the f-bombs you idiot. It's the way you're coming off. Like TP said, your initial statement was that we were a bad team. What kind of responses were you expecting? Were aren't bad, we just have some issues, like most teams. I wouldn't categorize us as great, but were far from a bad team.

I'll put it like this son. You coming over here and talking shit about the Lions and expecting us to agree with everything you say is like someone talking shit about your family. Whether it's true or not, you don't stand for it. The Lions are OUR team and we will back them to the best of our ability. If you wanna trash the Lions, go do it on the Bears board. Ooops, you're too busy already trashing your own team over there.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... I can't tell if you're being serious, or being facetious with those questions. If you want my answers, I'll be happy to give them. But if you're being facetious, I rather not answer and continue this whole shit fest.

I have apologized to everyone here. I can't do much more.

Well.... I do want your answers on the polarizing topics. (Bell is Nearly a consensus opinion at this point). I already drew comparisons between you and more than a few Lions fans. But I was kinda scrounging for a little meat to feed to the Pride.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe so, but a guy that averages 3.2 YPC in his one full season, and then never really plays again... doesn't really solve your running game.

While I was never a fan of drafting Jahvid Best because of the concussion issues he had coming out of college (I still cringe thinking about him landing on his head in college -- i thought his neck was broke).
It doesn't change the fact -- during the Lions 5-0 start in year 2 -- Best was averaging 4.6 YPC and almost 11 YPR. He also had run of 88 yards and a reception of 60 yards. In year one, he had a run of 45 yards and reception of 75 yards.

The reason I put up those numbers for you -- Defense HAD to account for Best. He had homerun ability and could take it to the house at any time. It is the same effect that Bush has when he is on the field. Teams didn't have to do that with LeShoure or any other RB on the team.

This year -- Detroit has not one, but two RBs who have shown they can be productive, both running the ball and catching the ball out of the backfield. Defenses have 1 of 2 options -- Keep the safeties 20 yards from the line of scrimmage and let a LB try to cover Bush or Bell. The other option is to bring the safeties closer to the line of scrimmage and give Detroit single coverage on the outside.

So far -- teams have basically dropped their safeties back and that is why Bell has 14 catches for 177 yards and Bush has 7 for 147. 21 catches for 324 yards from your RBs is damn impressive thru 3 weeks, as is the almost 12 yards per catch for Bell and 21 yards per catch for Bush. As a matter of fact -- Only 2 WRs in the NFL have more receiving yards than the combined total of the Lions 2 RBs.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have apologized to everyone here. I can't do much more.
Sure you can, you can drag your troll ass back to your board.

Are you truly dense enough to think that if someone went to the Bears board and made a very similar post to the one you made here that it wouldnt be met with the exact same type of reaction? You come here and bash the team, the orgainization, the players, and anything you can and then make statements here like, "please", "grow up", and other BS to the replies you've gotten? Good God man get a fucking clue, how stupid are you? If your questions and statements are "fair" as you call them that question is more than fair. What a hypocrite you are because no doubt Bears fans would engage in a simple and civil conversation with no negativity at all if we did that. Duh!!

It's outright comical how every year, every time the Bears play the Lions we are subjected to dullards like you who come over to our board and make statements just like you did, then whine and cry when they get called out for what they really are.....TROLLS. It's that simple. How many Lions fans are currently on your board making negative statements about the Bears? None. Yet you have actually put up a thread to complain about it how you've been treated here. Holy crap!! Your stupidity and actions just continue to prove that you arent just a troll, you are a huge one who will likely be banned from this site in relatively short time. Is that thread designed to try and get support from other troll Bears fans to join you in trolling effort? What other reason would you have to put something like that up? You're simply pathetic.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because smitty pointed out a segment of cantankerous fans to you doesn't mean i argue with them any less nor does it give you carte blanche to be a jackass.

I never said it did. However, give me a freaking break... when your fans say that same shit, it doesn't get treated NEARLY the same as when I said it.

Do you always pull your vast knowledge of all that is, out of your ass? If a Lions fan says something stupid, it is met with the same ire that your stupidity has been met with. It's bad enough we have to deal with stupid Lions fans. Why don't you take your own brand of stupidity back to the 'special' place known as the Bears' board?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if Bear fans post here I post on other teams boards all the time. Just gotta try not to cross the line. Be careful about posting on the Rams board though. Highly sensitive bunch. Let's not be like soft Ram fans.

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I really didn't mean for my post to come off as being outrageous." "I acknowledged my own team's short comings."
also what trustmeiamright said about best
finally your first statement received so much hate because it was the pot calling the coffee table black. 4-4 is no where near the same area code as 7-1 or 7-3 and out of the playoffs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible, everything about the Lions is the worst ever. We should fire everyone and never bother drafting again

Really? Because the draft picks they have had are so impressive, and oh that 4-12 season they put together was as well right? Its ok to not like everything the lions do. They are 2-1, awesome...you make it seem like its a successful season because they are 2-1 and they may have had the softest schedule up to this point, but hey at least you make a good cheerleader!

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because the draft picks they have had are so impressive, and oh that 4-12 season they put together was as well right? Its ok to not like everything the lions do. They are 2-1, awesome...you make it seem like its a successful season because they are 2-1 and they may have had the softest schedule up to this point, but hey at least you make a good cheerleader!

I find myself playing devil's advocate every week with this staff. On one hand, I'd hate to start over. You see how different OC's affect different QB's year from year in a negative way. On the other hand, that happens to other teams because their OC's and DC's are good, so they get hired away. Not the Lions coaches lol they're all still here. My third hand really wants to see what a proven coach could do with Stafford, Megatron and Suh. My fourth hand keeps reminding me of the overall record: 23-42 in 5 years. It's a constant battle.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how Mebert doesn't mention anyone by name, yet you get all up-in-arms at that statement.

You take a shot at him by saying that at least he "makes a good cheerleader" but at least he's good for something other than bitching like a jaded old woman, because that seems to be about 9/10th of what you do around here...

lionscanWIN

The Morenci Mauler
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
laker you do realize that the bears have had just as soft a schedule right? same vikings, one of the other 0-3 teams with the steelers, and the bengals who are about a wash in terms of talent with the cardinals.
in short cheer up we have a winner right now and be happy this administration was able to find bell and others so that injuries do not completely ruin the season.

K

kengel6

Can Pettigrew start for what's his name? You know the guy, the one that broke his arm while eating pizza.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit.

You're opening sentence was "you guys aren't a good team"- that pretty much sums up your intentions right there. You came here to troll and pick a fight. Mission accomplished.

I'm kind of surprised you haven't been booted yet. The admins here take trolling very seriously, and guys like you kind of stand out when you post like you have been on this thread...

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I really didn't come here to pick a fight.

I'm also sorry that you can't deal with someone thinking your team isn't good.