• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2-0

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Smythe was injured, but that is still no excuse to not use your TE or the middle of the field. I thought we were "TE U" and I also thought BK said Jones was one of the best TE he as seen in a long time, so where is he? Drops 1 pass, time to sit? Again, where is Robinson? Kid is match-up nightmare and could fill in for Smythe.

It seems after sitting on this for a few days, I am starting to think BK went in with 20 plays and said "we are going to run the shit out of these" We have a beast of the OL and speed on the outside and then I will run MZ up the middle. The thing is, when you become so predictable, and he was, any team is going to realize this and stop you. UV did not have to worry about the middle of field, so they stopped defending it. Play action would have been nice on a couple of these 3rd an short and hit the guy over the middle. 1st down and move the clock.

As for the def, I have no excuse for that shit show they put on. I hope they get it straight. WR wide open all game long...ugh. We are 2-0, but I am starting to see the same shit again that we have seen over the past 3 yrs, and it was only game 2.

bbirish73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is thankfully Georgia Tech is at home and Georgia tech has only played division 1AA schools. They haven't had any competition yet this year. Notre Dame needs to punch them straight in the mouth right off the bat.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all I can say is thankfully Georgia Tech is at home and Georgia tech has only played division 1AA schools. They haven't had any competition yet this year. Notre Dame needs to punch them straight in the mouth right off the bat.

On the flipside, Ga Tech has had basically all off season to game plan for ND. How much practice was devoted in camp and the first two weeks to the tomato cans they were playing? Their offense is what it is. Its up to ND to stop it. But they have had ample time to figure out Kelly's predictable style, and their defense is not necessarily world beaters, but there is enough talent that they can make things difficult for us.

I think ND coming in somewhat shocked, and down at losing so many key players, and Ga Tech coming in fired up. ND Stadium hasn't really been a home field advantage for a long time, either.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the flipside, Ga Tech has had basically all off season to game plan for ND. How much practice was devoted in camp and the first two weeks to the tomato cans they were playing? Their offense is what it is. Its up to ND to stop it. But they have had ample time to figure out Kelly's predictable style, and their defense is not necessarily world beaters, but there is enough talent that they can make things difficult for us.

I think ND coming in somewhat shocked, and down at losing so many key players, and Ga Tech coming in fired up. ND Stadium hasn't really been a home field advantage for a long time, either.

They probably know every aspect of Zaire's game. All his tendencies and all his stregnths and weaknesses. But we outsmarted them by losing him for the season. They are back to square one with Kizer. Kelly is a genius.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't believe what has happen this year. The only good thing is we are deep at the TE spot.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least the offense has a little more depth than the defense if the injury bug really hits the defense then it will become a season long $hit show.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least the offense has a little more depth than the defense if the injury bug really hits the defense then it will become a season long $hit show.
Yes the good thing is the Oline and WR and TE's have Depth but we are running thin at QB and RB. Any more injuries to those positions we are in trouble. Can we go through 1 game with no season ending injuries.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They probably know every aspect of Zaire's game. All his tendencies and all his stregnths and weaknesses. But we outsmarted them by losing him for the season. They are back to square one with Kizer. Kelly is a evil genius.
That is some badassery right there.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's the bourbon and the euphoria of winning and SC losing but I just want to rant about lousy teams that play otherworldly against us only to disappear the rest of the season. The same UVA team that took us to the wire barely beat FCS William & Mary today. I wonder if they'll win another game this year but they seemed unstoppable against us. I hate looking in the rear view mirror but there are too many of these teams on our schedule. Temple, Pitt and BC come to mind. I think we should win pretty handily next week but it wouldn't surprise me if UMass morphed into some sick team just going against us. Those are the teams Kelly inexplicably struggles against, but for the most part can get the team prepared for bigger games like today.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point JJC, hopefully the shenanigans GT pulled after the game was basically over will inspire our padawans to play hard and for the full 60. We played what, 58 minutes of solid ball and those 2 minutes of slack were taken full advantage of. Kelly should use this. Players should use this. If the politics of 'how well you win' didn't exist in CFB, I'd be of the mind to not necessarily show-up your opponent after you've clearly established you're the better team, but since it is... foot on pedal, pedal on metal until the final second ticks.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Run them over and then back up and run over them again until they stop fighting has to be the mentality. You can let up or bad things could happen.