• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Cuts

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly Tom Brady will be cut!

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we all know that every team will be cutting from 90 to 53 and then filling the practice squad with 10 more, there's no question that a week from Monday will be hell bent for election trying to grab the best.

I guarantee that trades are going to happen starting in the middle of next week. BB calls up Bill O'Brien and says, "Bill, who you cutting off your defensive roster?" Bill O'B says, "BB, who you cutting from your RB corrall? You want to swap DJ Foster for OLB Charlie X?" BB says"DJ's a lot more valuable than Charlie, how about, OLB Diickie Doo and DE Donnie Dong? And I'll toss in Jordan Richards?" Nobody is going to want to have to wait and compete for someone else's rejects. I think we'll see more trade than ever before.

I heard Donnie Dong is big dude...actually huge....let hope he can get some pressure up the midd

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we all know that every team will be cutting from 90 to 53 and then filling the practice squad with 10 more, there's no question that a week from Monday will be hell bent for election trying to grab the best.

I guarantee that trades are going to happen starting in the middle of next week. BB calls up Bill O'Brien and says, "Bill, who you cutting off your defensive roster?" Bill O'B says, "BB, who you cutting from your RB corrall? You want to swap DJ Foster for OLB Charlie X?" BB says"DJ's a lot more valuable than Charlie, how about, OLB Diickie Doo and DE Donnie Dong? And I'll toss in Jordan Richards?" Nobody is going to want to have to wait and compete for someone else's rejects. I think we'll see more trade than ever before.

I think you are on to something. Teams are limited to how many claims they can place. Unfortunately, NFL Live didn't say how many each team gets.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are on to something. Teams are limited to how many claims they can place. Unfortunately, NFL Live didn't say how many each team gets.
No one can try to sign guys and stash them on a practice squad. There are players who will be good enough to improve another teams and not be eligible for the PS. Some of these guys will play cheap and get a new life others will sit back and NOT sign cheap hoping that a team will HAVE to sign them and they'll get a better payday.

With roster restrictions and very team cutting almost 40 players, it could be a free for all. I just think BB will be ahead of the curve and make trades before the cuts come. He'll deal two or three for one and only have to cut 30.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one can try to sign guys and stash them on a practice squad. There are players who will be good enough to improve another teams and not be eligible for the PS. Some of these guys will play cheap and get a new life others will sit back and NOT sign cheap hoping that a team will HAVE to sign them and they'll get a better payday.

With roster restrictions and very team cutting almost 40 players, it could be a free for all. I just think BB will be ahead of the curve and make trades before the cuts come. He'll deal two or three for one and only have to cut 30.

And I'd be very surprised if Ealy is still here next weekend.....
We have a bunch of tradable Tight Ends. Could we get an edge for 1 of them?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We knew it might happen and today it did.
Lkn6DK6i_normal.jpg
Mike Garafolo

@MikeGarafolo

Patriots are releasing DE Kony Ealy, source said. Tried him in their scheme. Not a similar style to Ninkovich so it didn't work out.

2:48 PM - Aug 26, 2017

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sucks. A #2 pick on a team short of defensive players and he gets cut....

The Pats just swapped a 2 for a 3rd. It was something like 15 spots back.

Yes, Ealy not working out sucks.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, yeah details.

Bellichick takes chances and this didn't work out but Ealy must have looked pretty bad to get cut.

apparently he looked bad enough that they sat him for practice.
That says lack of effort to me......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The truth is that he and Belichick had a pretty long talk about two weeks ago. Belichick was not happy with his attitude. Word is that BB told him that he had to step it up in practice because he believes that players cannot practice half assed and then turn on a magic power on Sunday. Ealy said he'd do his best and even that was not impressive for BB. Belichick was looking for a more positive "Yes Sir, I'll bust my nuts for you and do much better."

Some other team will pick him up and think that he'll be the next Reggie White. He'll be more like white bedroom blinds, functional but nothing spectacular.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching game 3 for a 2nd time and actually paying attention to the non starters: Seeing the combination of Cyrus Jones, Jordan Richards, and Justin Coleman pillow fighting for a job made me nauseous.

Richards was over the top - let the receiver catch it then tackle him
Justin Coleman was always out of position
Cyrus Jones should wear a bullfighters cape.
David Jones was inconsistent
Kenny Moore showed hope - maybe he could land on the practice squad

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, amazing, amazing...........the New York Jets have signed Kony Ealy.

It's almost as if they think that BB dumping a guy makes him an All-Pro that BB just couldn't coach. So they think that he will somehow find the player that sacked Manning three times in the Super Bowl? He could do much before that, didn't do much if anything after that and couldn't do anything after being traded. Two games after having a serious 'sit down' with BB he couldn't get his game even up to back up status. What are the Jets thinking? games against him should be very interesting.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's almost as if they think that BB dumping a guy makes him an All-Pro that BB just couldn't coach. So they think that he will somehow find the player that sacked Manning three times in the Super Bowl? He could do much before that, didn't do much if anything after that and couldn't do anything after being traded. Two games after having a serious 'sit down' with BB he couldn't get his game even up to back up status. What are the Jets thinking? games against him should be very interesting.

Can somebody say pancake?????

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No risk for the Jets. Maybe he has a grudge game against NE left in him?