• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1st Cuts

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL owners eliminate first roster cut-down period

No more 1st cuts to 75 players. This year we go from 90 straight to 53 - after preseason games.
This will make it easier for teams with hloes or injuries to pick up players that have seen some more game action.

Who would you give up on right now?
I'll start with Cyrus Jones who was involved or responsible for all 3 JAX big plays.

Who got?????

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Jones was horrible as a cb and horribly stupid trying to return kickoffs. He pretty much confirmed that he can't catch a kickoff 8 yards deep in the end zone and get beyond the 10 yard line. I can't imagine BB was impressed.
He needs a trash bag.

I'll give Brissett one more shot at trying to run at least 4 plays in 48 seconds, not just two. Taking 20 seconds to get the offense set between plays with under a minute to0 go in the game is unforgivable in the NFL. He also needs to control that cannon hanging from his right shoulder. Finish your passing motion and don't release the ball above your shoulder.

Considering that none of the starters played, I'm not surprised that the Pats lost. Thing is, they could have tied the game or possible gone for two and won it. I have a very funny feeling in my gut that BB wanted to lose this one so his team had a bad taste in their mouths to start the real season.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Jordan Richards who was involved in the Jags last TD by being out of position and failing to back up Cyrus Jones. Another surprise cut might be Kony Ealy, if he doesn't start playing like the guy who sacked Peyton three times in SB 50.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Cyrus the Virus he must go. Someone will sign him.
2. Bolden. He may have had a good game finally but not enough room on this roster for a ST only player. Hoping Slater returns for that role. Otherwise BB needs to fill those positions with players who can contribute elsewhere.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the following players didn't show me jack squat week one.

Gronk
Brady
Edelman
Cooks
White
Hightower a few more.

Just sayin.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the following players didn't show me jack squat week one.

Gronk
Brady
Edelman
Cooks
White
Hightower a few more.

Just sayin.

Guys on the bubble? :thumb:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C. Jones was horrible as a cb and horribly stupid trying to return kickoffs. He pretty much confirmed that he can't catch a kickoff 8 yards deep in the end zone and get beyond the 10 yard line. I can't imagine BB was impressed.
He needs a trash bag.

I'll give Brissett one more shot at trying to run at least 4 plays in 48 seconds, not just two. Taking 20 seconds to get the offense set between plays with under a minute to0 go in the game is unforgivable in the NFL. He also needs to control that cannon hanging from his right shoulder. Finish your passing motion and don't release the ball above your shoulder.

Considering that none of the starters played, I'm not surprised that the Pats lost. Thing is, they could have tied the game or possible gone for two and won it. I have a very funny feeling in my gut that BB wanted to lose this one so his team had a bad taste in their mouths to start the real season.

Honestly I think the Patriots might finally cut him. He hasn't done anything in camp and the 1st pre-season game he was terrible....

Verdict is still clearly out on Brissett because we haven't seen nearly enough of him.. Then again this is BB we are talking about so no cuts should surprise us. No one is safe unless your name is Brady

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sons of bitches leave Cyrus alone!!!!!!

Anyways...still to early to say who gets cut. I do think the 4th S is not on this team yet.

I'm not ready to give up on Jacoby yet.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus "Tebucky" Jones is running thin on chances.... if he can't figure it out quick, he'll be out of football in short order.

I think I've seen enough of him... I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and call him another low round wasted pick by Belichick at CB.

Doesn't seem like he's wired right, and it goes back to Cleveland and the punch.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cyrus "Tebucky" Jones is running thin on chances.... if he can't figure it out quick, he'll be out of football in short order.

I think I've seen enough of him... I'm going to go way out on a limb here, and call him another low round wasted pick by Belichick at CB.

Doesn't seem like he's wired right, and it goes back to Cleveland and the punch.

Tebucky was a better RB than he was S....I remember that one game he played RB and looked pretty damn good...

I thought Cy Jones was a projected 2nd/3rd rd pick that yr, I could be wrong. But yeah, curious who was taken after him.

**James Bradberry was really the only person who is making an impact in Carolina. He was taken 2 spots after Cy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB "reached" when he drafted Cy. He thought he might get a prize because Saban convinced him that Jones was his answer at returner AND could play CB. Bill believed him and wasted the pick. Everyone does it. Bill usually makes his own decisions and gets a 'player' when he listens to others, other than Caserio, they have problems.

Parcells and others were really high on Brissett. His door isn't closing yet, but he's kicked up the doorstop.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would add Jordan Richards who was involved in the Jags last TD by being out of position and failing to back up Cyrus Jones. Another surprise cut might be Kony Ealy, if he doesn't start playing like the guy who sacked Peyton three times in SB 50.

You may have been correct on Monday but now that Derek Rivers is possibly lost for season, I don't think we'll be cutting any DE's right away.....

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ealy might still get cut, but only if BB can sign a vet free agent DE that outplays him in the rest of the preseason. With what's out there, that may not be easy.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ealy might still get cut, but only if BB can sign a vet free agent DE that outplays him in the rest of the preseason. With what's out there, that may not be easy.

We still don't know much about Kony Ealy. Pats aren't talking. Wait and see.....

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just hope Ealy rediscovers the skills he displayed in the Super Bowl.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that Ealy has picked it up in practice and looks like a much better pass rusher. Maybe he finally gets it, even if for one year. They also signed that kid Dakota who is a DE.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that Ealy has picked it up in practice and looks like a much better pass rusher. Maybe he finally gets it, even if for one year. They also signed that kid Dakota who is a DE.

Dekoda Watson sounds serviceable. Maybe coaching could improve his performance a bit?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we all know that every team will be cutting from 90 to 53 and then filling the practice squad with 10 more, there's no question that a week from Monday will be hell bent for election trying to grab the best.

I guarantee that trades are going to happen starting in the middle of next week. BB calls up Bill O'Brien and says, "Bill, who you cutting off your defensive roster?" Bill O'B says, "BB, who you cutting from your RB corrall? You want to swap DJ Foster for OLB Charlie X?" BB says"DJ's a lot more valuable than Charlie, how about, OLB Diickie Doo and DE Donnie Dong? And I'll toss in Jordan Richards?" Nobody is going to want to have to wait and compete for someone else's rejects. I think we'll see more trade than ever before.