• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1990 - 2014 NFL Draft Chat

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a long ass paragraph about why we shouldn't do the rankings, it came down to what UK said... Lol

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things I want to see:

1) Get rid of rankings.

2) The #1 drafter should face whoever picks last. #2 faces next to last, etc. It only makes sense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no difference to me on who plays who round one. Draw out of a hat, draft order, whatever. But I wanna play Ritz. :nod:

Or as he should be referenced, Mr. Springboard.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wrote a long ass paragraph about why we shouldn't do the rankings, it came down to what UK said... Lol

I try to back whatever Nos and Ritz wanna do for the most part. They are the ones who have to keep it all straight and field the complaints when someone loses, not me

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't do rankings then how we deciding a winner when it's tied?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we don't do rankings then how we deciding a winner when it's tied?

I liked UKs idea of everyone voting (in secret) for a person to be the tie breaker. If there is a tie. The secret is revealed, and the winning choice of the secret selection is the winner.

Even when the secret tie breaker is voting, he wouldn't know he's the tie breaker. He'd just be voting like normal.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By backing UK on this, I feel like Im still backing what Nos and Ritz want. Since UK does. Hahahaha

But seriously, Im good with what Nos and Mr. Springboard decide on. They put the effort in and I appreciate that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By backing UK on this, I feel like Im still backing what Nos and Ritz want. Since UK does. Hahahaha

But seriously, Im good with what Nos and Mr. Springboard decide on. They put the effort in and I appreciate that.

That's what I was thinking. Everyone PM Nos the name of someone they consider the most fair voter. The guy with the most votes is the tiebreaker. Nos keeps his name confidential. If there's a tie, Nos looks up who that guy voted for(unless he is the one tied, in that case, the 2nd most votes breaks it), and declares whoever that guy voted for winner. Even the tiebreaker won't know he was the tiebreaker till the champion is crowned

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great option.

Especially the disqualifier part if that guys team is involved. (I voted for 500 over myself, but usually Im pretty biased. We all are, that's why we draft who we draft.)

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was thinking. Everyone PM Nos the name of someone they consider the most fair voter. The guy with the most votes is the tiebreaker. Nos keeps his name confidential. If there's a tie, Nos looks up who that guy voted for(unless he is the one tied, in that case, the 2nd most votes breaks it), and declares whoever that guy voted for winner. Even the tiebreaker won't know he was the tiebreaker till the champion is crowned

But what if there's a tie on the tie breaker, or 1 and 2 tiebreakers face each other then it's the 3rd guy on the tiebreaker list...:nod:

I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say that...:yahoo:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously... I like the tiebreaker option, and I think it's pretty clear we all have our preferences as Smitty said... But I think Nos and Ritz could be the tiebreakers instead of the vote for a guy thing... They both have proven to be as fair as any and it's to the best interest to them as mod of this board to be as fair as possible... As the elder statesman Nos should get the first vote since he's the only guy who saw Babe Ruth, George Mikan, and Don Hutson play in their prime :nod: and if he's in the match let Ritz be the tiebreaker... I would also ask they vote on their actual beliefs and not try to allow wanting to make participants happy sway them... This isn't the 1st time I've seen Ritz put his team last when he clearly wasn't last...

I personally think that would be the better way to go and I also think instead of all the other things the participants should concentrate on the vote... I'd like to see at least 2 but maybe a 3 point reason for a vote... And maybe give it a full day and/or a set schedule for the voting to allow time for such a vote since there are multiple matches up at once... Something like draft over Sunday, matches up Monday 9am est, vote closed Tuesday 9am est... Next match starts 10 or 11 or what ever they need to get them up, and they stay up for the day...

Vote:

1) team a has a better defense
2) team a has a better bench
3) team b should have done blah blah blah

Or the guys that give long reasons continue... But IMO it's easy for some to see everybody saying team a, and really not be interested since it's not their match so the say "a", and that's it... I think when you put as much time as each of the participants do into this it's only right to give each person a reason to why you think they should or shouldn't win... Those are just my thoughts, but it really doesn't matter since this will be my first VICTORY!!!:yahoo:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind being a tie breaker and will take the honor seriously. I'll post a detailed explanation on my decision which most likely will cause more problems then just posting the winner but I'll do what ever is in the best interest of this league.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But seriously... I like the tiebreaker option, and I think it's pretty clear we all have our preferences as Smitty said... But I think Nos and Ritz could be the tiebreakers instead of the vote for a guy thing... They both have proven to be as fair as any and it's to the best interest to them as mod of this board to be as fair as possible... As the elder statesman Nos should get the first vote since he's the only guy who saw Babe Ruth, George Mikan, and Don Hutson play in their prime :nod: and if he's in the match let Ritz be the tiebreaker... I would also ask they vote on their actual beliefs and not try to allow wanting to make participants happy sway them... This isn't the 1st time I've seen Ritz put his team last when he clearly wasn't last...

I personally think that would be the better way to go and I also think instead of all the other things the participants should concentrate on the vote... I'd like to see at least 2 but maybe a 3 point reason for a vote... And maybe give it a full day and/or a set schedule for the voting to allow time for such a vote since there are multiple matches up at once... Something like draft over Sunday, matches up Monday 9am est, vote closed Tuesday 9am est... Next match starts 10 or 11 or what ever they need to get them up, and they stay up for the day...

Vote:

1) team a has a better defense
2) team a has a better bench
3) team b should have done blah blah blah

Or the guys that give long reasons continue... But IMO it's easy for some to see everybody saying team a, and really not be interested since it's not their match so the say "a", and that's it... I think when you put as much time as each of the participants do into this it's only right to give each person a reason to why you think they should or shouldn't win... Those are just my thoughts, but it really doesn't matter since this will be my first VICTORY!!!:yahoo:

I personally think anyone involved with the draft should not be deciding tie breakers.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think anyone involved with the draft should not be deciding tie breakers.

What's your solution? I'm open to all ideas.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evening everyone...

Impressive post WLK.

I have always thought I should decide tie breakers i'm not involved in, well because I did see the Bambino in person.

Seriously though, you all have seen me pissed off now a couple times, the most pissed I have ever become on here is when I thought people were destroying the integrity of the league, that has always been whats most important to me. There have been times I thought about excluding myself from drafting just to be the decision maker, but dammit! The drafting is just too much fun.

I do think the rankings need to go and I understand where Jeffro is coming from saying nobody in the league should decide ties but it honestly has to be that way, nobody on the outside has an interest in our drafts and although I know some people around the hoop that are stand up people I just don't think they would take this as seriously as we do and not put in the time to help decide the correct winners.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evening everyone...

Impressive post WLK.

I have always thought I should decide tie breakers i'm not involved in, well because I did see the Bambino in person.

Seriously though, you all have seen me pissed off now a couple times, the most pissed I have ever become on here is when I thought people were destroying the integrity of the league, that has always been whats most important to me. There have been times I thought about excluding myself from drafting just to be the decision maker, but dammit! The drafting is just too much fun.

I do think the rankings need to go and I understand where Jeffro is coming from saying nobody in the league should decide ties but it honestly has to be that way, nobody on the outside has an interest in our drafts and although I know some people around the hoop that are stand up people I just don't think they would take this as seriously as we do and not put in the time to help decide the correct winners.
I'm good with Nos deciding, I'd have voted for him. One thing he's not is a cheater, nor is anyone who's done these things lately

There is one other way. If there's a tie, the two guys involved cant vote on the tiebreaker. The other 6 guys PM Nos a 1-10 grade for the two teams offenses and defenses. So I send in team A has a 9 offense and a 7 defense, so 16 points from me, team B gets 8 and 7 for 15. Nos totals up the points from the 6 votes and the higher total is the tiebreaker. We only use this in a tie, and the two involved can't participate

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with Nos deciding, I'd have voted for him. One thing he's not is a cheater, nor is anyone who's done these things lately

There is one other way. If there's a tie, the two guys involved cant vote on the tiebreaker. The other 6 guys PM Nos a 1-10 grade for the two teams offenses and defenses. So I send in team A has a 9 offense and a 7 defense, so 16 points from me, team B gets 8 and 7 for 15. Nos totals up the points from the 6 votes and the higher total is the tiebreaker. We only use this in a tie, and the two involved can't participate

I LIKE THAT... We would obviously change the grading system for the other sports but it takes away the need for one person to decide and it keeps outsiders from deciding. Lemme think about this a little more but it's an awesome idea UK...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, one thing about UK's idea. Maybe that should be done prior to the games starting??? Then in the event of a tie we go to I shutter to say "The Rankings"

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thing about what Jeffro suggested 1vs10 and 2vs9 and so on, I guess i'm not so much against that as much as I don't understand it. I think it's much more fair to do it 1vs2 and 3vs4 and so on. You should play the team the drafted closest to you IMO. We could always go back to pulling names out of a hat if you guys want... Although I never used a hat it was usually a coffee cup.