• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: #16 - Vancouver at San Jose - 7:30PM

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalock doing what Niemi hasn't done the past 3 games. Kid looks great.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stalock doing what Niemi hasn't done the past 3 games. Kid looks great.

....... yeah too bad the team looks like shit again. I guess the Sharks are having another losing streak just lkme last year :burt:

We really miss Burns

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol @ how much mileage Randy and Drew are getting out of the "intent" meme.

"Brad Stuart intended not to slash so therefore it shouldn't be a penalty."
hee hee

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is turing into last season... Get us all hard & excited the first handfull of games, then leave us high & dry with nothing for the next few weeks... Change the sheets, their shitting the bed again...

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It bothers me that no matter how dire the situation, this team will continue to pass and be perimeter rather than driving to the net and shooting. Their captain is painfully passive, guess it rubs off on the rest of em. Obsessed with looking for one-timers and the perfect tip play. Shoot the fucking puck at the net and bury a rebound for once. FACK.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt: 4 fucking games and counting :gaah:

Bring on the 5 game road trip.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It bothers me that no matter how dire the situation, this team will continue to pass and be perimeter rather than driving to the net and shooting. Their captain is painfully passive, guess it rubs off on the rest of em. Obsessed with looking for one-timers and the perfect tip play. Shoot the fucking puck at the net and bury a rebound for ounce. FACK.

They average like 50 SPG, im pretty sure they are firing from wherever and not looking for the perfect play... Im pretty sure the problem is the guy that has blown leads in every game on this losing streak (except in the 1 they won but lost in OT), and it hasnt just been 1 lead, its usually 2-3 leads per game... Niemi needs to sit.

My bad, Niemi has only blown 6 leads in the 4 losses... 3-LA, 1-Phx, 1-Buf, 1-Van...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, Stalock and the 4th line of Sheppard, Desjardins, and Brown looked really good. That's pretty much the only positive things you can say about this game.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They average like 50 SPG, im pretty sure they are firing from wherever and not looking for the perfect play... Im pretty sure the problem is the guy that has blown leads in every game on this losing streak (except in the 1 they won but lost in OT), and it hasnt just been 1 lead, its usually 2-3 leads per game... Niemi needs to sit.

My bad, Niemi has only blown 6 leads in the 4 losses... 3-LA, 1-Phx, 1-Buf, 1-Van...

True but I feel like they are falling back into past habits, one of them being sloppy on defense, the other being 'too cute'. A lot has to do with Niemi as well, his reactions are incredibly slow. I would like to say fatigue is a factor but who knows, maybe just a rough patch.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After watching these last three or four games I think Nieto is headed back to Worcester when Burns comes back.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
After watching these last three or four games I think Nieto is headed back to Worcester when Burns comes back.

Todd has just got to go.... I am so tired of him talking about how there are "passengers" and it has to come from the players. Nemo, as bad as it is, is the not the big problem. Its the 'team' in front...

The pavelski-nieto-wingels line was awesome in the first part of the year. So was kennedy-marleau-cooch. Obviously Burns-hertl-jumbo was too....

Ok, so burns gets hurt. Tough break. Here is the correct action: Keep the other two lines INTACT and move either sheppard or havlat when he came back to the jumbo line. The you have the great chemistry on the other two lines remaining. Instead, what does Todd do? He shuffles it all, moving kennedy up and breaking up a great line with awesome quickness that was very successful. Then he shifts wingels off the 3rd line up to the 2nd and shep/hamilton/whoever up to the 3rd.

1 injury = 4 new line combos = Dumb as fuck. No wonder they cant score. No wonder they are disorganized on breakouts. No wonder they look slow. Todd took something that was working great, and decided to mess with it because of one injury. He has never put kennedy-patty-cooch back as well as nieto-wingels-pavs on a regular shift. To me, that is a huge reason why the scoring has completely dried up.

I want to see the sharks go back to exactly what they were before with the exact same lines as before except Havlat in place of burns. Get that nice chemistry back...

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat enters lineup, Sharks lose 4 games in a row :scratch:

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Todd has just got to go.... I am so tired of him talking about how there are "passengers" and it has to come from the players. Nemo, as bad as it is, is the not the big problem. Its the 'team' in front...

The pavelski-nieto-wingels line was awesome in the first part of the year. So was kennedy-marleau-cooch. Obviously Burns-hertl-jumbo was too....

Ok, so burns gets hurt. Tough break. Here is the correct action: Keep the other two lines INTACT and move either sheppard or havlat when he came back to the jumbo line. The you have the great chemistry on the other two lines remaining. Instead, what does Todd do? He shuffles it all, moving kennedy up and breaking up a great line with awesome quickness that was very successful. Then he shifts wingels off the 3rd line up to the 2nd and shep/hamilton/whoever up to the 3rd.

1 injury = 4 new line combos = Dumb as fuck. No wonder they cant score. No wonder they are disorganized on breakouts. No wonder they look slow. Todd took something that was working great, and decided to mess with it because of one injury. He has never put kennedy-patty-cooch back as well as nieto-wingels-pavs on a regular shift. To me, that is a huge reason why the scoring has completely dried up.

I want to see the sharks go back to exactly what they were before with the exact same lines as before except Havlat in place of burns. Get that nice chemistry back...

Thats Todd the dumbass for you, he always changes what is working and leaves what isnt working. He did the same shit last year... Sharks kicking ass, then BOOM, changes up the lines and O strats. The result? 9 out of 10 losses - but he doesnt revert back... He's a bozo and does dumb shit for no reason at all, and when it doesnt work he sticks with it... When its working he changes. If baffles me and drives me fuckin nuts! You are spot on with saying 1 injury doesnt = 4 new lines... It ='s swapping out the injured player and leaving the other lines intact.... He just doesnt get it... And he also has never understood, when a goalie is fatigued or sucking, or both you sit him... Even if the backup losses at least the starter gets rest - which they NEED throughout the season. Look at Chicago, yeah its pretty much a given that Khabibulan is going to lose when he starts, but if Crawford needs a rest or is playing bad, Khabi gets a start. Its not really that difficult to understand... Stop the dumb ass line juggling, stop changing the offensive strategies, rotate your goalies, and if something is working KEEP DOING It until it stops working! No one could touch this team the first handful of games, and he tinkered and now look... He's like a blind mechanic working on a perfectly running car - something is gonna get fucked up that doesnt have it...

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Come on korky you know Niemi needs to play so he can work through his problems...

Normally i agree with that idea, however lol he has been mediocre most of the start of the year then stellar for a good stretch then these last 4 stinkers.

But your right when the ship is taking on water drill more holes in it and see if the water drains lol

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was kinda funny when Brodie is interviewing Robinson and he says one line has 5 shots and everyone else has 6. Then Brodie asks how do you remedy that in the 3rd? Robinson goes "work". Then camera focused on Marleau and Drew goes "Marleau should have 4 or 5 shots by now". LOL. Hmmm, some hidden message in there Drew?