• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

11 wins.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to say at this point I, for one, consider this a successful season no matter what happens the rest of the way. The Cards now will have a better record than they finished with last year. They are gauranteed a playoff birth with a chance of HFA if they can play out of their minds for 2 games of in GB drops some games. They've done all this while being DECIMATED by injuries.

I have said before, and will say again now, I look for progress, not perfection, when it comes to determining how the teams I root for do, and I would say BA has made a metric fuckton of progress with these guys. I think they still need to improve in places, on O-line for instance, but two years in and two 10+ win seasons under the belt. I'm happy with my team as I could be given the situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've come this far through a lot of bad luck and devastating injuries. Hell, why not keep winning. NEXT MAN UP!

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've come this far through a lot of bad luck and devastating injuries. Hell, why not keep winning. NEXT MAN UP!

:agree: I'm not saying I don't want them to win anymore games, only that anything from this point on is icing on the cake.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I'm not saying I don't want them to win anymore games, only that anything from this point on is icing on the cake.

Yeah I feel you. I projected them to win 11 at the start of the year even without Dockett and Washington at the time, but if you would've told me that we would win 11 games with 3 more defensive starters getting injured along with our starting RB, QB and now backup QB along with many more minor injuries then I would've called you crazy.

If we get home field advantage somehow then I honestly believe we can still make a SB run. Our QB play will make it tough, but the defense can keep us in any game and the crowd will be wild. As soon as playoff tickets go for sale I'm jumping on them! It's been too long.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I feel you. I projected them to win 11 at the start of the year even without Dockett and Washington at the time, but if you would've told me that we would win 11 games with 3 more defensive starters getting injured along with our starting RB, QB and now backup QB along with many more minor injuries then I would've called you crazy.

If we get home field advantage somehow then I honestly believe we can still make a SB run. Our QB play will make it tough, but the defense can keep us in any game and the crowd will be wild. As soon as playoff tickets go for sale I'm jumping on them! It's been too long.

True, if they can transition to more run based and lean on the defense they may be able to grind this out. I like what I saw in highlights fro Taylor and Williams.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, if they can transition to more run based and lean on the defense they may be able to grind this out. I like what I saw in highlights fro Taylor and Williams.

Williams has been really impressive. He's a keeper. I've always liked Taylor as a backup RB as well, he's been decent when given touches. Just wish Ellington was healthy still, he's by far our most explosive playmaker. We'll miss him quite a bit.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this season is a success even if we don't win a playoff game. The many injuries we have overcome while still managing to win 11 games has to put Arians in the drivers seat for COY.

Williams has been good but I think the real turnaround for the running game has been the insertion of Cooper at LG. If you have noticed, quite a few of 5+ yard runs have been straight up the gut.

I think Lindley can play well enough to not cost us games. The one issue I saw when he was forced to play as a rookie, was that he was constantly high & off target on his throws. Those are Ints waiting to happen. If he can learn to play safe & only take shots down the sidelines, he can play well enough. Hopefully the game plan will change significantly with Lindley at the helm, more of a run team with LOTS of play-action followed by the occasional deep ball down the sidelines. Keep the throws safe & short for the most part.

In the next draft, I really want to see the cards draft a pass rusher opposite Okefor, a guard opposite Cooper, & a big fast cornerback. Lets be real, Cromartie will not be back next season. He has played too well & unless he takes a significant discount to play for us, we just don't have the money to pay him what he is worth. Peters formally from Washington, would be my choice. But I doubt he will be there late in the 2nd round when we pick.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And lets not forget how good this offensive line has been in pass protection considering they have played the murderers' row of pass rushing teams this season. Den, Phi, Stl, Det, & KC all rank in the top 10 for sacks. And yet we have only given up 22 sacks all season, which could put us top 5 after this weekend.

We gave up 47 sacks last season...

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree this season is already a success. I disagree they have a chance of winning a single game (unless the 49ers lie down) the rest of the way with Ryan Lindley or Logan Thomas. Those guys are TERRIBLE. Stanton was a big drop-off from Palmer, but he was still serviceable. Lindley should not even be in the NFL. He is incapable of generating points if you need them and in the playoffs, that will be required to at least some degree.

I hope they can get someone as a FA to come in, learn the system, and be a hero.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this season is a success even if we don't win a playoff game. The many injuries we have overcome while still managing to win 11 games has to put Arians in the drivers seat for COY.

Williams has been good but I think the real turnaround for the running game has been the insertion of Cooper at LG. If you have noticed, quite a few of 5+ yard runs have been straight up the gut.

I think Lindley can play well enough to not cost us games. The one issue I saw when he was forced to play as a rookie, was that he was constantly high & off target on his throws. Those are Ints waiting to happen. If he can learn to play safe & only take shots down the sidelines, he can play well enough. Hopefully the game plan will change significantly with Lindley at the helm, more of a run team with LOTS of play-action followed by the occasional deep ball down the sidelines. Keep the throws safe & short for the most part.

In the next draft, I really want to see the cards draft a pass rusher opposite Okefor, a guard opposite Cooper, & a big fast cornerback. Lets be real, Cromartie will not be back next season. He has played too well & unless he takes a significant discount to play for us, we just don't have the money to pay him what he is worth. Peters formally from Washington, would be my choice. But I doubt he will be there late in the 2nd round when we pick.

:agree:
And how sweet would it be to actually win a Playoff game with our 3rd or 4th string QB?

I think a BIG RB in the first 3 rounds wouldn't be a bad thing, that's one part I feel has been missing most of this season. I wouldn't mind them taking a flyer at Peters, but I hope it's in the second round or later. I also think the need to start looking for the eventual replacement for Dockett as he's not going to be around more than a couple more years.