• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....'cuz I'm already gone"

That's a damn good tune....in fact, that Eagles' album came out right around the time I was in Boot Camp at Lackland AFB in San Antonio.
(The Spurs were still in the old ABA back then.)
It was a great album. First one with Don Felder. Can't think of a bad song on that record. Went to see them at The Day On The Green at the Oakland Colliseum right after that album came out. They were headlining with the Doobie Brothers and the Eagles were outstanding.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely was the problem against the complete Houston team.

Against the version that only has 6 rotation players and is missing it's 2nd best guy, it doesn't matter.
Yep. With six guys the Rockets ran out of gas. You could see it coming.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation:

Iggy doesn't score, and because I don't understand basketball I don't think his impact matters.

Just stop and think for a moment about who is absorbing his minutes. I can't phathom how anybody could not see his impact after watching games 4 and 5.
Again, what stood out to me in both games 4 and 5 was the disappearance of the Big Three. If any of them, or all of them, score two more points in the 4th they win both games. It astounds me that someone cannot see that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That the Army likes to mock the Marines. But it's a two-way door, and we (Marines) have an actual reason to mock the Army.
OK. I had a lot of respect for the marines I worked with. They had shitty equipment but always made it work and the guys I went to specialized training with at Sheppard AFB were all top of the class. The rep they had for being crazy dummies is undeserved in my opinion.
I will say that a few bad apples gave them all a bad rep in Okinawa

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 will be great but very stressful to watch. The Rockets won't collapse at home like the did last night.
Regardless of whether the Warriors win that game or not it was really fun to watch them give us one last half of Warriors basketball last night. That was awesome to see and so much fun. We are gonna miss that in a couple of years when its gone.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Paul is a legit HOFer who likely retires ringless like Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc. Gonna be a few of those from the era of LeBron and the Warriors

Paul George, Harden( if he doesnt win it this year), camelo Anthony, DeRozan, Lillard, John wall...... I think Anthony Davis, boogie cousin, Embiid and Simmons are young enough to still dominate to a title once the lebron-warriors era ends.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you gotta admit they threw away games 4 and 5 against the complete Houston team. Curry Durant and Thompson all disappeared in the 4th quarter of both gamnes. I thinkit could be explained that way just as easily as missing Iggy.
But last night I certainly saw what you mean about them not having to guard Looney or Bell. Those guys looked like they couldn't wait to get rid of the ball when it came to them and they certainly weren't looking to score. iguodala would have made a difference there.

All I am saying is that the defense has to account for Iggy's playmaking. They don't have to account for Looney or Bell unless they are at the rim.

It makes a tremendous difference. If Iggy were on the court during that 4th quarter implosion game 4, he would have gotten a couple dunks and created a couple more open shots for others if Houston was overplaying the same way. All of a sudden a 12 point quarter becomes a 21 point quarter and the Dubs are never seriously threatened.

The shot selection was so terrible because the pressure rattled Curry and KD. Iggy doesn't get rattled.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul George, Harden( if he doesnt win it this year), camelo Anthony, DeRozan, Lillard, John wall...... I think Anthony Davis, boogie cousin, Embiid and Simmons are young enough to still dominate to a title once the lebron-warriors era ends.
A couple of those guys might get one late by attaching themselves to a good team, like Jason Kidd did

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I am saying is that the defense has to account for Iggy's playmaking. They don't have to account for Looney or Bell unless they are at the rim.

It makes a tremendous difference. If Iggy were on the court during that 4th quarter implosion game 4, he would have gotten a couple dunks and created a couple more open shots for others if Houston was overplaying the same way. All of a sudden a 12 point quarter becomes a 21 point quarter and the Dubs are never seriously threatened.

The shot selection was so terrible because the pressure rattled Curry and KD. Iggy doesn't get rattled.
Heard anything about his status for tomorrow?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK. I had a lot of respect for the marines I worked with. They had shitty equipment but always made it work and the guys I went to specialized training with at Sheppard AFB were all top of the class. The rep they had for being crazy dummies is undeserved in my opinion.
I will say that a few bad apples gave them all a bad rep in Okinawa

I've heard a lot of crap about what happens in Okinawa. That's the price though when you put Marines on an island that's 17 square miles large. A bored Marine is often times a dangerous Marine.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard a lot of crap about what happens in Okinawa. That's the price though when you put Marines on an island that's 17 square miles large. A bored Marine is often times a dangerous Marine.

lol, kinda across the board when it came to foreign countries. the Korea stories i used to hear about pretty much from ALL branches used to kill me...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Veitnam war's heyday was 1955-1975.

It was basically winding down by 1974 or when you allegedly joined.

I didn't do any combat duty...but got real close in early '75 while stationed in the Philippines. Fortunately for me and thousands of other vets, we remained in the P.I. and never got orders to deploy. *

You might want to learn up what Vietnam era means as far as veteran status goes.

Definition of a Vietnam Era Veteran - Archives | Veterans Today

*and furthermore...we at Clark AFB..and those in the Navy at Subic were still in high alert protocol for months after the US troop pullout following the fall of Saigon...and then leading up to the influx of refugees from southeast Asia into the states, but it wasn't until late '75 early '76 that it got downgraded...and by then I was already in Hawaii stationed at Hickam.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marine detachment at Ft Gordon had a little white bulldog puppy as their mascot. He wore a vest with buck sergeant stripes on it. I saw him one day and he was wearing Lance Corporal stripes. The Marine dudes told me he shit on the floor in the orderly room and he got busted to Lance Corporal. Thought it waspretty funny.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,806.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melo? Not all that young....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, kinda across the board when it came to foreign countries. the Korea stories i used to hear about pretty much from ALL branches used to kill me...
Korea was a young GI's paradise. If you couldn't have fun over there you just didn't know how to have fun.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great album. First one with Don Felder. Can't think of a bad song on that record. Went to see them at The Day On The Green at the Oakland Colliseum right after that album came out. They were headlining with the Doobie Brothers and the Eagles were outstanding.
The Eagles were at their best when they had Randy Meisner and Don Felder.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marine detachment at Ft Gordon had a little white bulldog puppy as their mascot. He wore a vest with buck sergeant stripes on it. I saw him one day and he was wearing Lance Corporal stripes. The Marine dudes told me he shit on the floor in the orderly room and he got busted to Lance Corporal. Thought it waspretty funny.

We take dogs rankings very serious. I've seen Lance Corporals (E3's) have to stand at parade rest for a bull dog that was a Staff Seargant (E6). Fun times.