• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1) Houston Rockets vs. 2) Golden State Warriors

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this would hurt CP's legacy at all. It might if it were a questionable injury but all of CP's injuries have been legit. He hasn't been a player that makes excuses not to play.

I'll never forget when he played in NO and he carried them to a competitive and hard fought series against the Lakers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this would hurt CP's legacy at all. It might if it were a questionable injury but all of CP's injuries have been legit. He hasn't been a player that makes excuses not to play.

I'll never forget when he played in NO and he carried them to a competitive and hard fought series against the Lakers.

His injuries have been legit, but very untimely. For that he has earned an injury prone label. That does affect his legacy, IMO.

One of the main reasons LeBron is being mentioned in the same breath as MJ is because of his legendary availability. Dude never gets seriously hurt. Good thing for his teams too.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that's crazy.

I don't hang any of the Clippers failures on Paul.

Dude did all he could.

He's older now and his body is failing him.

Father time is undefeated.

He's 100% going to the HOF.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His injuries have been legit, but very untimely. For that he has earned an injury prone label. That does affect his legacy, IMO.

One of the main reasons LeBron is being mentioned in the same breath as MJ is because of his legendary availability. Dude never gets seriously hurt. Good thing for his teams too.
Lebron is a fucking alien.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's crazy.

I don't hang any of the Clippers failures on Paul.

Dude did all he could.

He's older now and his body is failing him.

Father time is undefeated.

He's 100% going to the HOF.

Yeah and mentioning James makes little sense to me. James has never been seriously hurt, but if and when he does start to get hurt (lots of miles on that body), it could get ugly fast.

One of the few things that give me pause when thinking to sign him for the Lakers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and mentioning James makes little sense to me. James has never been seriously hurt, but if and when he does start to get hurt (lots of miles on that body), it could get ugly fast.

One of the few things that give me pause when thinking to sign him for the Lakers.

Lebron may not get a serious injury until he's 37/38, that's 4 years away. I'd ride with Lebron on my team.

Reactions: GNG

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I've seen you say this a few times and you are right to feel this way.

He hasn't had any serious injuries.

But, it doesn't mean it will stay that way.

This is not normal...lol

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron may not get a serious injury until he's 37/38, that's 4 years away. I'd ride with Lebron on my team.
He's the only player his age, with that much mileage, that is worth the gamble.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, Paul is a legit HOFer who likely retires ringless like Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc. Gonna be a few of those from the era of LeBron and the Warriors

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've seen you say this a few times and you are right to feel this way.

He hasn't had any serious injuries.

But, it doesn't mean it will stay that way.

This is not normal...lol

I will say this about LeBron.

The transcendent athletes do have a way of avoiding injury. And when I say transcendent, I mean the truly freakish players like LeBron, MJ, Barry Sanders, etc.

Because he has such amazing body control and spatial awareness, he is able to avoid collisions that others can't and he is able to land more gracefully than others could. His injury risk is thereby diminished significantly.

As he continues to age, he will lose some of that ability (like Kobe did), but he will also play a more floor bound game that could cancel that out.

I think it possible for LeBron to play until he is 40 without ever sustaining a major injury.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Veitnam war's heyday was 1955-1975.

It was basically winding down by 1974 or when you allegedly joined.

I didn't do any combat duty...but got real close in early '75 while stationed in the Philippines. Fortunately for me and thousands of other vets, we remained in the P.I. and never got orders to deploy.

You might want to learn up what Vietnam era means as far as veteran status goes.

Definition of a Vietnam Era Veteran - Archives | Veterans Today

10HtownRebs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,298,636.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to buy 5 tickets to game 7. If I can get them I'm selling 3 of them and keeping 2... I can pretty much clear the 2 if I get them for the right price...

If I get in I'll send you guys some pics of the celebration...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It absolutely was the problem against the complete Houston team.

Against the version that only has 6 rotation players and is missing it's 2nd best guy, it doesn't matter.
Well you gotta admit they threw away games 4 and 5 against the complete Houston team. Curry Durant and Thompson all disappeared in the 4th quarter of both gamnes. I thinkit could be explained that way just as easily as missing Iggy.
But last night I certainly saw what you mean about them not having to guard Looney or Bell. Those guys looked like they couldn't wait to get rid of the ball when it came to them and they certainly weren't looking to score. iguodala would have made a difference there.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marines like to make fun of Army - "I would've joined the Marines, but I thought the Army was more my fit. I walked into the recruiting office though."
What am I missing? I don't get it.

Berkeley_Blues2.0

A-Political X-GOP X-Dem
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to buy 5 tickets to game 7. If I can get them I'm selling 3 of them and keeping 2... I can pretty much clear the 2 if I get them for the right price...

If I get in I'll send you guys some pics of the celebration...

Should look something like this: :nod:

tumblr_nwy4edIXa91u2klrwo1_400.gif