• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, that's the biggest thing because he had zero before this. He was seen as a "Yes" man for Baalke and York and his pressers where he came off like a scared buffoon didn't help. He really had the team prepared to play. "A" for him Monday night.

I think the "C" you gave the receivers has a lot to do with Kaepernick and his inability or fear of throwing the ball in the middle. The receivers are limited to running routes outside the hash marks if they want to see the ball and that is very tough to overcome.
In a way it might be a good thing he isn't an X and O kind of guy because he lets his OC and DC do their thing instead of stepping on their toes. His Strength is being a players coach, being real with his players and knowing the game of football. He even seems like a good teacher. He motivates these guys. That's why these guys love him. Only negative is his pressers are not great. Its not the end of the world.

I disagree with the last statement because he did throw in the middle of the field. TE's had no problem. Now I can agree that kap prefers the outside more then the middle.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a win last night. This was a big 1st win just because of what this team went through. This gives Tomsula some creditability. Players will follow now. Man that was a nice win.

Yes, i glad you started your post with this, the win is HUGE. Cause if this season was to derail, the reason would be a losing streak to start this season. That issue is now a non-issue.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the play calling on both sides was brilliant. Both coordinators did a great job of calling to their talents strength instead of trying to force something. I loved all the different pre-snap looks we were giving which for some reason disappeared last year. The Vikings were off balance trying to defend us all night. They pretty much gave up trying in the 4th quarter.

Beautiful way to use Kaep as well to start the season. The bootlegs and options really let him do what he does best and help him settle down and get confidence in his game. It was much better than telling him to drop back 15 times a game and pass. Kaep also was much more aware of the pass rush and moving away from it.

Sure I'd like to see more outside throws to the WR's but that will come with guys like Davis, Smith, and Simpson capable of taking the top off a D that will start creeping up to contain Kaep and stop Hyde.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way it might be a good thing he isn't an X and O kind of guy because he lets his OC and DC do their thing instead of stepping on their toes. His Strength is being a players coach, being real with his players and knowing the game of football. He even seems like a good teacher. He motivates these guys. That's why these guys love him. Only negative is his pressers are not great. Its not the end of the world.

I disagree with the last statement because he did throw in the middle of the field. TE's had no problem. Now I can agree that kap prefers the outside more then the middle.
Its in the red zone where Kaepernick won't even look in the middle. He does it occasionally between the 20s. But once he's inside the 20 its like a light switch goes off and the middle of the field disappears for him. I guarantee you he did not complete a pass in the middle inside the red zone on Monday. He did throw one grounder at Boldin's feet and looked really bad doing it.

As for Tomsula, I give him credit for his X's and O's. I thought his overall game plan was excellent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought the play calling on both sides was brilliant. Both coordinators did a great job of calling to their talents strength instead of trying to force something. I loved all the different pre-snap looks we were giving which for some reason disappeared last year. The Vikings were off balance trying to defend us all night. They pretty much gave up trying in the 4th quarter.

Beautiful way to use Kaep as well to start the season. The bootlegs and options really let him do what he does best and help him settle down and get confidence in his game. It was much better than telling him to drop back 15 times a game and pass. Kaep also was much more aware of the pass rush and moving away from it.

Sure I'd like to see more outside throws to the WR's but that will come with guys like Davis, Smith, and Simpson capable of taking the top off a D that will start creeping up to contain Kaep and stop Hyde.

Mangini blitzed a lot and Bridgewater didn't make him pay, but facing better QB's like Roethlisberger is another matter. Certainly ok with pressure, but don't think we should call 35% again.

Speaking of pressure, didn't like the 2 and 3 man rush. Almost ANY NFL QB will find an open receiver, given that kind of time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mangini blitzed a lot and Bridgewater didn't make him pay, but facing better QB's like Roethlisberger is another matter. Certainly ok with pressure, but don't think we should call 35% again.

Speaking of pressure, didn't like the 2 and 3 man rush. Almost ANY NFL QB will find an open receiver, given that kind of time.

LOL, neither did I. I kept yelling at the TV everytime they rushed three. I don't mind it with a couple of seconds left in a game to prevent a miracle TD pass in the endzone but hate seeing it in the game. It does give a QB too much time to find an open receiver. I hope the 49ers abandon that scheme.

As far as blitzing Roethlisberger,have to see if Pitts oline picks it up well. The only good thing is Big Ben is not a mobile QB. But if they are able to pick up blitz, Big Ben can make the D pay for it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LOL, neither did I. I kept yelling at the TV everytime they rushed three. I don't mind it with a couple of seconds left in a game to prevent a miracle TD pass in the endzone but hate seeing it in the game. It does give a QB too much time to find an open receiver. I hope the 49ers abandon that scheme.

As far as blitzing Roethlisberger,have to see if Pitts oline picks it up well. The only good thing is Big Ben is not a mobile QB. But if they are able to pick up blitz, Big Ben can make the D pay for it.

ok, i wouldn't mind if the opponent was far back enough. "Far back" meaning their QB can't throw it in the end zone. Otherwise, rush the four freshest guys you got, even if one or two are LB's.