• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

1-0

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win last night. This was a big 1st win just because of what this team went through. This gives Tomsula some creditability. Players will follow now. Man that was a nice win. Now here goes my breakdown.

Positives:
Great job by the coaching staff for having this team ready and great adjustments in the 2nd half. Yes it was ugly in the 1st half I'm more impressed with the 2nd half. 1st half was just 1st game jitters. 2nd half we just dominated on O and D. Mangini gets my Coach of the week for this team. It was great to see this D fly around and get tons of pressure on the QB. Ended up with 5 sacks. Overall grade: B (only reason not a A was because special teams struggled).

RB; Hyde is a Beast and will be a top RB in this league. He has the speed, power and vision. what a game by him. Baalke looks like he made the right move to move on from Gore. Gore looks done in Indy.Grade: A+

Kap- Overall very happy with Kap. he did a good job going through his reads. He didn't turn over the ball and ran to pick up 1st downs when he needed to. He managed the game. Im ok with that. Grade: A-

Oline- Overall I am shocked. They played great besides the penalties. 1 player I want to give credit to is pears because I bashed him all preseason. He had a good game. Martin well thats a different story. We need to play the other center. Devey looked really good. Grade: B(would of been A if we didn't have so many penalties.)

TE: Celek was the man last night and VM did a good job blocking. VD I'm over him. This will be his last year. Grade: B+

WR: not much to say on this group. Game plan looked like it was run and dump the ball. Boldin did so so I guess. T. Smith didn't do much. Grade: C (could be lower but i will give them credit for run blocking.)

DLine: All I have to say is domination. They were great last night. Grade: A

LB's: They were all over the field. I was very happy with Bowman and Lynch. Brooks was so so and Wilhoite was so so. As a group I have to give them a…..Grade: B+

Secondary: Overall did a great job. Akers looks like he will be a good CB, Brock played good, Tartt was a beast. Safety's did their part. Grade: A

Final Grade: A
Overall i couldn't ask for anything more. The only think I was upset with was special teams and way too many penalties. 2nd half they made great adjustments.

On to Pitt. we can beat them.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finally made clock management a priority. Those wasted time outs and delay of game penalties from past seasons were really annoying.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They finally made clock management a priority. Those wasted time outs and delay of game penalties from past seasons were really annoying.
Yes thats another thing I was so proud of this team. They fixed that issue.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were two plays that REALLY got my attention...

Kap's big run. The run was nice (Roger Craig - like high-stepping!!), but the fact he popped up immediately and went right to the huddle after the big hit at the end was nice to see. Kap could be a safety if he really needed to be.

Hyde's first TD run. Again, this play will be remembered (and rightfully so) for the devastating spin move that Hyde made. That was one of the most impressive moves by a RB I have ever seen. But I mention it here becase at the end, his lead blocker was... Kap! And it was not just a running-with-him block. Kap was coordinating the blocks with Hyde and actually sought out contact. I am not certain the block was necessary, but I liked to see the intense intent by the QB on the play.

Overall, I was quite impressed by Kap. He still is not a finished product, but he looked so much better than he did at any point last year. I think a simplified offense had a lot to do with that, but whatever the reason, he was the one executing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were two plays that REALLY got my attention...

Kap's big run. The run was nice (Roger Craig - like high-stepping!!), but the fact he popped up immediately and went right to the huddle after the big hit at the end was nice to see. Kap could be a safety if he really needed to be.

Hyde's first TD run. Again, this play will be remembered (and rightfully so) for the devastating spin move that Hyde made. That was one of the most impressive moves by a RB I have ever seen. But I mention it here becase at the end, his lead blocker was... Kap! And it was not just a running-with-him block. Kap was coordinating the blocks with Hyde and actually sought out contact. I am not certain the block was necessary, but I liked to see the intense intent by the QB on the play.

Overall, I was quite impressed by Kap. He still is not a finished product, but he looked so much better than he did at any point last year. I think a simplified offense had a lot to do with that, but whatever the reason, he was the one executing.
I agree with you. I think Kap played well and I saw some improvements. In a lot of the slow motion replays u saw him looks at 3-4 receivers before doing something. last couple of year it was look at 1 maybe 2 receivers and then run or get sacked.

It was also nice to see him make the right choice when to run and when to extend the play and throw it.

johnniner8

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought overall we did a good job. But Kap needs to avoid the big hits and needs to learn how to slide feet first instead head first

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought overall we did a good job. But Kap needs to avoid the big hits and needs to learn how to slide feet first instead head first
Yea. He needs to make the slide-decision earlier, as well.

There was the one play where he slid sideways and drew the flag, but the flag was rightfully picked up because he did not clearly slide feet first.

He is a beast, and can take hits, but he is a QB who is too important to the success of the team to make those plays.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gold rush why thumbs down buddy. Its a fact that Kap did a good job. I know u hate the guy but come on man. give credit where credit is due. no one is saying he is a great QB. He did a nice job and he did a good job leading the offense in the 2nd half. 1st half I throw away. 49ers looked like 2 different teams.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gold rush why thumbs down buddy. Its a fact that Kap did a good job. I know u hate the guy but come on man. give credit where credit is due. no one is saying he is a great QB. He did a nice job and he did a good job leading the offense in the 2nd half. 1st half I throw away. 49ers looked like 2 different teams.

My bad. When I'm on my phone and I use my thumbs to zoom in so I can read ur post I must of hit dislike by accident. :suds:

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't hate Kaep. I defend Kaep 100%. To me Kaep is just as good as Lil Russy Wilson.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if I hated Kaep my profile pic wouldn't be Kaepernicking and my license plate wouldn't say Kaepernick.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a thread with Kaep supporters like myself. He's a tough dude getting himself out there and taking big hits. Hits most other QBs can't take. He is certainly no wuss.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He usually does. I can't remember him every really getting hit hard like last night.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. When I'm on my phone and I use my thumbs to zoom in so I can read ur post I must of hit dislike by accident. :suds:
its all good I just wanted to hear your reason on why u didn't think he didn't have a good game. But it was a mistake. All good.

Lets Go 49ers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also if I hated Kaep my profile pic wouldn't be Kaepernicking and my license plate wouldn't say Kaepernick.
very true, thats why i though it was weird for you to think that. Only haters would dis credit what Kap and the 49ers did. Again Im not saying he was perfect all I'm saying he did a good job and I did see improvement.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been VERY critical of Kaep, but I think he did a good job last night and I saw improvement in his game. If he keeps this up, I might even get off the hater-wagon.

Overall, I'm happy with this win. Kaep is showing improvement, Hyde is looking amazing, and the defense is looking very solid. The only issue was special teams. I'm happy with that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a win last night. This was a big 1st win just because of what this team went through. This gives Tomsula some creditability. Players will follow now. Man that was a nice win. Now here goes my breakdown.

Positives:
Great job by the coaching staff for having this team ready and great adjustments in the 2nd half. Yes it was ugly in the 1st half I'm more impressed with the 2nd half. 1st half was just 1st game jitters. 2nd half we just dominated on O and D. Mangini gets my Coach of the week for this team. It was great to see this D fly around and get tons of pressure on the QB. Ended up with 5 sacks. Overall grade: B (only reason not a A was because special teams struggled).

RB; Hyde is a Beast and will be a top RB in this league. He has the speed, power and vision. what a game by him. Baalke looks like he made the right move to move on from Gore. Gore looks done in Indy.Grade: A+

Kap- Overall very happy with Kap. he did a good job going through his reads. He didn't turn over the ball and ran to pick up 1st downs when he needed to. He managed the game. Im ok with that. Grade: A-

Oline- Overall I am shocked. They played great besides the penalties. 1 player I want to give credit to is pears because I bashed him all preseason. He had a good game. Martin well thats a different story. We need to play the other center. Devey looked really good. Grade: B(would of been A if we didn't have so many penalties.)

TE: Celek was the man last night and VM did a good job blocking. VD I'm over him. This will be his last year. Grade: B+

WR: not much to say on this group. Game plan looked like it was run and dump the ball. Boldin did so so I guess. T. Smith didn't do much. Grade: C (could be lower but i will give them credit for run blocking.)

DLine: All I have to say is domination. They were great last night. Grade: A

LB's: They were all over the field. I was very happy with Bowman and Lynch. Brooks was so so and Wilhoite was so so. As a group I have to give them a…..Grade: B+

Secondary: Overall did a great job. Akers looks like he will be a good CB, Brock played good, Tartt was a beast. Safety's did their part. Grade: A

Final Grade: A
Overall i couldn't ask for anything more. The only think I was upset with was special teams and way too many penalties. 2nd half they made great adjustments.

On to Pitt. we can beat them.
To me, that's the biggest thing because he had zero before this. He was seen as a "Yes" man for Baalke and York and his pressers where he came off like a scared buffoon didn't help. He really had the team prepared to play. "A" for him Monday night.

I think the "C" you gave the receivers has a lot to do with Kaepernick and his inability or fear of throwing the ball in the middle. The receivers are limited to running routes outside the hash marks if they want to see the ball and that is very tough to overcome.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was pleasantly surprised by the O Line play...especially in the run game..Pears and Staley were both delivering crushing blocks to spring Hyde free.
Run blocking I wasn't surprise. This was suppose to be their strength. Pears is a good run blocker and most of the starting unit run blocking is their strength. Pass protection is where Im worried and overall they did a good job. I don't think Martin will last much longer. he was the only one that I did not like on the line.