• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 06.04.18 Draft Day Game

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandoval up to .277/.330/.426 and a 110 wRC+

This actually matches up his last 3 years of the Giants pretty well. His K rate is still a bit high, but other than that this is more-or-less the same old Panda we grew accustomed to in his latter days. And it's for free.

I'll admit I'm pretty surprised

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about tomorrow's transaction, I'm not sure if the Giants will send down Johnson or Blach for Bumgarner. They may want to have Blach continue to pitch as a starter in case of injuries (again) to the rotation. However, the fact that he's made a couple relief appearances may suggest that just won't happen. Still, Johnson's two innings of solid work may help his case to stick with the team.
And I'm going way out on a limb here but maybe Gearrin just gets dfa'd to make the add to the 40 and 25 man roster easier for the FO.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about tomorrow's transaction, I'm not sure if the Giants will send down Johnson or Blach for Bumgarner. They may want to have Blach continue to pitch as a starter in case of injuries (again) to the rotation. However, the fact that he's made a couple relief appearances may suggest that just won't happen. Still, Johnson's two innings of solid work may help his case to stick with the team.
And I'm going way out on a limb here but maybe Gearrin just gets dfa'd to make the add to the 40 and 25 man roster easier for the FO.

I agree that I'd DFA Gearrin, it at least preserves some depth if the Giants need to call up a pitcher in a pinch.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I'd DFA Gearrin, it at least preserves some depth if the Giants need to call up a pitcher in a pinch.
If its not Gearrin, then it will probably be either Law or Osich. I would think that either would get picked up by someone else.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don’t need a 40 spot. Blanco already took care of that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This actually matches up his last 3 years of the Giants pretty well. His K rate is still a bit high, but other than that this is more-or-less the same old Panda we grew accustomed to in his latter days. And it's for free.

Kid's got a lot of natural talent. Textbook case of getting his head screwed back on right. It does happen sometimes.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kid's got a lot of natural talent. Textbook case of getting his head screwed back on right. It does happen sometimes.
Do the Giants do him a favor and trade him at the deadline to a team that plays him everyday or do they keep him as depth?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Giants do him a favor and trade him at the deadline to a team that plays him everyday or do they keep him as depth?
No other org will touch him. He showed everyone that he is only able to play for 1 org.

I do not mean that as a compliment to the Giants. I mean that as an indictment on Sandoval’s maturity.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just think if we happen to make the post season. I remember him really standing out in '12+'14,

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move was risky. If Hanson hit into a double play. Bochy goes into the 5th inning of tie game, tempted to bring in his long reliever and already used up one of only 4 bench players. Obviously, it worked though, so the risk doesn't completely play out (unless the reliever coughs up the lead and the bullpen starts to get used up quickly).

AB: YOU ALL SHOULD GO CHANGE YOUR TAMPONS. I MANAGED THE SHIT OUTTA THIS. YOU'RE FUCKING WELCOME.