• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

zona vs asu

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, fuck ASU and their bandwagon basketball fans. (not on here... they are popping up everywhere on twitter)

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His form isn't even bad, it's just a mental slump.

Maybe he just sucks at FTs. He hasn't been good at any point during the season. I don't care how well he shoots them in practice. He can't shoot.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Arizona tore it up on the baseball diamond.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really really hope we don't miss out on that number 1 seed in the west.....god I hate arizona state community college

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he just sucks at FTs. He hasn't been good at any point during the season.

PGU said that he does great in practice with his FT's and improves each week but when it comes to games he struggles. Practice and games = two different things, I know.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His form isn't even bad, it's just a mental slump.

Yes it is. Walton even touched on it. He keeps the ball so low and then bring the ball up really high so there is that awful arc.

Guy is a great player though so if he figures that out at somepoint he will be even better.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe we just gave the scum devils their best win in program history. I'm about to throw my fuckin tv out the window.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. Walton even touched on it. He keeps the ball so low and then bring the ball up really high so there is that awful arc.

Guy is a great player though so if he figures that out at somepoint he will be even better.

He did that one time and Walton jumped on it, but he typically doesn't bring it that low. I know what you're talking about, though. His form overall is solid (not perfect) and reports indicate that he's money in practice. Just isn't translating to the game for whatever reason and to me it's because he's lost all confidence in his jumper.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Walton think he knows all. gordon's free throw shooting style looks identical to steve Kerr's imo. kerr's obviously went in a lot more though

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Ashley hurt for sure with spacing the floor. But I would argue that NJ missing 13 consecutive 3s hurt far more in terms of spacing the floor.

Agree; Johnson just can't find his shooting game. That said, I like how he plays defense. It's hard for me to fathom how such a good shooter gets into a slump like this. Actually it's worse than a slump; he's completely lost his shot. Brandon Ashley is an outstanding player. Seems to me he averaged something like 16-18 points/game; not sure about that....probably should have looked it up. At any rate, he has some size; got a lot of rebounds and IMO, one of the better forwards in the country. Just can't lose that person and assume all will be well. Sean Miller needs to come up with a plan that gets those guys making a lot more free throws, setting better screens, better ball and people movement. At this point, the only player I like is Tarczewski. Miller was a great ball handler and shooter; hopefully some of that will rub off.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Its not the Defense that's the problem. It's the offense. Playing championship type defense but asu type offense, and that doesn't get you deep in March.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree; Johnson just can't find his shooting game. That said, I like how he plays defense. It's hard for me to fathom how such a good shooter gets into a slump like this. Actually it's worse than a slump; he's completely lost his shot. Brandon Ashley is an outstanding player. Seems to me he averaged something like 16-18 points/game; not sure about that....probably should have looked it up. At any rate, he has some size; got a lot of rebounds and IMO, one of the better forwards in the country. Just can't lose that person and assume all will be well. Sean Miller needs to come up with a plan that gets those guys making a lot more free throws, setting better screens, better ball and people movement. At this point, the only player I like is Tarczewski. Miller was a great ball handler and shooter; hopefully some of that will rub off.

Ashley only averaged 11 and 5. It was his ability to hit an open 3 and spread the post, his 7'4" wingspan on defense, and the chemistry lost from losing a contributing starter that is hurting us with his loss.

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now this team is looking pretty identical the the 97 team.
Off to a good start.
Bad FT shooting team.
Hit a wall down the stretch.
Lost to asu.
I hope it ends the same way.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He simply has too many moving parts at the ft line. The best ft shooters have very little motion in their routine and it makes it easier to duplicate

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was an incredibly hard game to watch, imo. And the FT shooting was painful to watch. Congrats to ASU for the win. But both teams had their chances multiple times, and both blew the chances over and over. Just one of those games.