• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Zherdev to flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say if we are going to risk it, why not make it 3 years for littler under three mil? If he has a stellar year, then he is going to want an absurd amount next year. Get him while he is cheap now.

Well, I say one year because Carter and Giroux are RFA's after next season. At least Giroux will be getting a significant raise and if Carter has a great year, you just never know how much he'll want. I'd expect to attempt to sign Leino to a more expensive extension as well. Cap space is needed to sign these players and having Zherdev locked up for three years may not leave any.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I say one year because Carter and Giroux are RFA's after next season. At least Giroux will be getting a significant raise and if Carter has a great year, you just never know how much he'll want. I'd expect to attempt to sign Leino to a more expensive extension as well. Cap space is needed to sign these players and having Zherdev locked up for three years may not leave any.

Signing Zherdev to a 3 year deal could have an effect on Carter, Giroux and Leino. Would you rather keep all 3 of them or have Zherdev. 1 season would allow the team to see if Lavy can get him to play like people think he can play but he would also want a big raise. Time for Homer to earn his pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.