• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 5 FA Targets

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Derek Cox- Could be elite if not for injuries

2. Pat Sims- Could be a great NT, and a change of scenery would be good for him and his career

3. Shawn Phillips- A three man rotation with Brooks and Smith would be just what this team needs down the stretch

4. Amendola/Welker- Call me crazy, but I think Jenkins will be our deep threat starting next season. Crabtree had a slow start to his career as well, and I don't think a big splash is neccesary. Welker or Amendola would be good underneath , while Crabs dominates the mid levels and Jenkins deep

5. Sedrick Ellis/ Glen Dorsey- Again, rotation and depth. Two huge bust's who could resurect their careers with a strong contribution and showing on an already stout defense

I would really like to see a combination of Jarious Byrd/DRC/ Derek Cox, but that is highly unlikely to happen. So I went with some what off the radar players that could improve the team with better rotations, better depth and fixing potential problems...

No he did not. He missed a lot of games due to his crazy contract demands. He put up descent numbers for a rookie missing camp and a quarter of the regular season. In comparing their rookie year or their level of talent between Jenkins and Crabs, Crabs was by far the better player.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No he did not. He missed a lot of games due to his crazy contract demands. He put up descent numbers for a rookie missing camp and a quarter of the regular season. In comparing their rookie year or their level of talent between Jenkins and Crabs, Crabs was by far the better player.

I wasn't trying to compare their numbers, I was refering more to the fact that everyone was tired of his low production and wanted to always trade or cut him... (this board and the old ESPN board)

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Trade for Percy Harvin (Not a free agent, but gettable, if the rumors are true)
2) Sean Smith (CB)
3) Ed Reed (FS)
4) Leodis McKelvin (CB/PR - depends on price and if they can't get Smith)
5) Rob Bironas (K)

I think the niners can cover depth in the draft (OLB who can cover, TE to replace Delani, big bodied WR for red zone jump balls). But if the niners can even get just two of these guys, it'll be a successful offseason.

Other players I like, depending on price: Connor Barwin (OLB), Aqib Talib (CB), Richard Seymour (DE), LaRon Landry (SS), Jared Cook (TE), Alan Branch (NT/DE), Josh Johnson (QB)

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Finally someone supports me in my campaign to get Alan Branch! The Niners could have used him big time this year. :(

I don't think there's any way Byrd sees URFA; I think he'll be franchised if he's not re-signed.

Here are my top 5:

Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace

.... and that WR from th Steelers whose name is escaping me for some reason.

According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "many" in the Steelers' organization believe the division-rival Browns will sign free agent Mike Wallace.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, "many" in the Steelers' organization believe the division-rival Browns will sign free agent Mike Wallace.

La Canfora is a joke

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have to disagree about Ellis. I don't think he'd be any good in a 3-4 at all.

Lames Harrison signed a 6 year, 51 million dollar contract at around the same age as Phillips, and that was 4 years ago when salaries were lower.

I was cruisin the football sites and came across this article, it caught my attention because of this thread...

Free agency rumor: Linebacker Shaun Phillips could join the Arizona Cardinals - Revenge of the Birds

"Here is why I am completely against this possible signing: Phillips is the second coming of Joey Porter. His skills have been on the rapid decline over the past few years. Last season, he started every single game with the Chargers and collected a mere 39 total pressures in 428 pass rushing attempts, according to Pro Football Focus. That equates to one pressure per eleven pass rush attempts. For comparison, Sam Acho had almost the exact same ratio. Were you satisfied with his performance last season? Now take into account that Phillips will be 32 at the start of the season with no room left to improve. "

This is how I thought some teams pursuing LB'ers in free agency might view Phillips. Of course some teams might/could overpay, but I still think there's a chance of getting him at a reasonable price and using him in a three man rotation with Brooks and Smith...