• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Top 5 FA Targets

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pretty simple, in a realistic setting name your top 5 FA choices...

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convice Bolden to be a 49er if he is a cap casualty...say 6M for 3 years perhaps? Anquan Boldin says he'll retire if released by Baltimore Ravens - ESPN

Even though I am a Boldin fan since he was in Highschool with that said I don't think Boldin would help the 49ers. At this stage of his carrer Boldin is a possesion guy which is a role provided by Crabs.

Now Jacoby Jones would be someone I am interested in since he could take the top off a defense.

Top 5 FA

Mike Wallace
Martellus Bennett
Alan Branch
Manny Lawson
Jairus Byrd

Bennett if we don't resign Walker

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Even though I am a Boldin fan since he was in Highschool with that said I don't think Boldin would help the 49ers. At this stage of his carrer Boldin is a possesion guy which is a role provided by Crabs.

Now Jacoby Jones would be someone I am interested in since he could take the top off a defense.

Top 5 FA

Mike Wallace
Martellus Bennett
Alan Branch
Manny Lawson
Jairus Byrd

Ironic to see Lawson on the list. I didnt want to see him leave a cpl years ago, but was happy with his replacement (Aldon) obviously. That being said, I still think he could help us for depth, but I doubt he would come back.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Top 5 FA

Mike Wallace
Martellus Bennett
Alan Branch
Manny Lawson
Jairus Byrd

Finally someone supports me in my campaign to get Alan Branch! The Niners could have used him big time this year. :(

I don't think there's any way Byrd sees URFA; I think he'll be franchised if he's not re-signed.

Here are my top 5:

Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace

.... and that WR from th Steelers whose name is escaping me for some reason.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally someone supports me in my campaign to get Alan Branch! The Niners could have used him big time this year. :(

I don't think there's any way Byrd sees URFA; I think he'll be franchised if he's not re-signed.

Here are my top 5:

Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace

Hines Ward...isn't he a little old?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hines Ward...isn't he a little old?

Beat me to it, I hesitated and you beat me. I could never be a boxer... or a comedian, for different reasons.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ok, I'll play along for real this time. Keep in mind, I don't have the complete list of FAs, so I may be forgetting some. Not including 49er FAs:

1. Duh.
2. DRC. Cut Rogers & sign DRC. It'd probably be a wash salary-wise. I've been thinking about this one a lot, and it makes too much sense.
3. Osi Umenyiora. Situational pass-rusher. Don't get into a bidding war for him, but if he'll take a 2 or 3 year deal, go for it.
4. Alan Branch. Seems like I mention him every offseason.
5. DHB if he's cut. I'd love to see what he could do making short catches and running after the catch & changing it up with go routes. Don't know how much money he'd want though. Cutting Mario would be necessary if this happened.

This is assuming the Niners trade for Odrick (which is a must IMO).

...I'd also be open to going after Leodis McKelvin, but that's another one where I don't know how much money he'd want.

Last edited by a moderator:

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ironic to see Lawson on the list. I didnt want to see him leave a cpl years ago, but was happy with his replacement (Aldon) obviously. That being said, I still think he could help us for depth, but I doubt he would come back.

Yea I would have rather he stayed and doubt he comes back but he would solve our depth issue and it would help out with bigger TEs since Willis and Bowman are at a size disadvantaged. Always liked how Lawson length matched against bigger TEs

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here are my top 5:

Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace
Mike Wallace

I wasn't on his band wagon till this year. Dude would make an excellent backup DL for us IMO He could play both DE spots and maybe NT. We need to get some solid depth behind our starters

Byrd probably won't leave Buffalo but if we can't sign Goldson Byrd would be a great option.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'd be cool with bringing Manny back. He wasn't quite the pass rusher people were hoping for at OLB, but he was pretty stout against the run and did very well in coverage for such a long guy. Good player on teams, too. It would be nice to have a pass rusher to give Aldon and Brooks a breather, but at this point, I just want a player I'm comfortable with on the field.

I'm hoping we give ours guys on D few snaps next year. Obviously you want the best guys on the field, but I think some of them wore down.

coffeeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is coming from left field but if I were Harbaugh, I would fly down to Sothern Cal and have lunch with Tony Gonzales.I would love to see how they would use him in this offense.

It might just help solve some of their Red Zone problems.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't give a rat's a$$ about any FAs, let's go after Percy "The God of War".

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Gonzo has repeatedly said he's 95% sure he's retiring, but if he did come back it would be as a Falcon.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I would have rather he stayed and doubt he comes back but he would solve our depth issue and it would help out with bigger TEs since Willis and Bowman are at a size disadvantaged. Always liked how Lawson length matched against bigger TEs

As a guy who has watched Lawson for the past 2 years, he wasn't very good in coverage this year. He was average last year. He was really below average in all facets of his game this year.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Derek Cox- Could be elite if not for injuries

2. Pat Sims- Could be a great NT, and a change of scenery would be good for him and his career

3. Shawn Phillips- A three man rotation with Brooks and Smith would be just what this team needs down the stretch

4. Amendola/Welker- Call me crazy, but I think Jenkins will be our deep threat starting next season. Crabtree had a slow start to his career as well, and I don't think a big splash is neccesary. Welker or Amendola would be good underneath , while Crabs dominates the mid levels and Jenkins deep

5. Sedrick Ellis/ Glen Dorsey- Again, rotation and depth. Two huge bust's who could resurect their careers with a strong contribution and showing on an already stout defense

I would really like to see a combination of Jarious Byrd/DRC/ Derek Cox, but that is highly unlikely to happen. So I went with some what off the radar players that could improve the team with better rotations, better depth and fixing potential problems...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
2. Pat Sims- Could be a great NT, and a change of scenery would be good for him and his career

I'd be open to that one.

I didn't know Sedrick Ellis was a FA. I don't think he brings much. Dorsey at least brings experience in a 3-4. I'd be open to signing Dorsey for cheap if RJF doesn't re-up.

Shawn Phillips is unrealistic. He's worth 8-10 million a season. And he's not gonna sign for 1 or 2 years. With Brooks' salary & Aldon's salary, that's too much. I think Osi is a much more realistic possibility.

Byrd will be franchised if he doesn't re-sign, so count him out. But I love the prospect of signing DRC & cutting Rogers.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd be open to that one.

I didn't know Sedrick Ellis was a FA. I don't think he brings much. Dorsey at least brings experience in a 3-4. I'd be open to signing Dorsey for cheap if RJF doesn't re-up.

Shawn Phillips is unrealistic. He's worth 8-10 million a season. And he's not gonna sign for 1 or 2 years. With Brooks' salary & Aldon's salary, that's too much. I think Osi is a much more realistic possibility.

Byrd will be franchised if he doesn't re-sign, so count him out. But I love the prospect of signing DRC & cutting Rogers.

Sedrick Ellis never playing in a 34 defense is what intrigues me about him, he might be servicable in that rotation...

As for Phillips, I'm not sure how much money he will command. Aging LB'ers have not paid off recently and teams might take that into consideration. The allure of playing in California and a potential championship ring could bring him to the Bay area... *Fingers crossed*

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sedrick Ellis never playing in a 34 defense is what intrigues me about him, he might be servicable in that rotation...

As for Phillips, I'm not sure how much money he will command. Aging LB'ers have not paid off recently and teams might take that into consideration. The allure of playing in California and a potential championship ring could bring him to the Bay area... *Fingers crossed*

Have to disagree about Ellis. I don't think he'd be any good in a 3-4 at all.

Lames Harrison signed a 6 year, 51 million dollar contract at around the same age as Phillips, and that was 4 years ago when salaries were lower.