• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any comments on Pineda's pine tar suspension?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland vs. Houston is such a frustrating matchup....... No scores, no updates, I'm saying this on a slow off-day don't chew my head off. Just pointing it out.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oakland vs. Houston is such a frustrating matchup....... No scores, no updates, I'm saying this on a slow off-day don't chew my head off. Just pointing it out.

Yet this is a thread about the Rangers vs the Mariners... weird :noidea:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yawning:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be Nelson Cruz best start. With 23 RBIs already. Maybe by the time we play the O's he will be in a slump.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be Nelson Cruz best start. With 23 RBIs already. Maybe by the time we play the O's he will be in a slump.

I'm telling you, I think he is going to have a career year and the O's got him as a steal.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm telling you, I think he is going to have a career year and the O's got him as a steal.

He's had hot streaks before, we shall see how it all plays out before saying he was a "steal" at 8 million and a draft pick

He wasn't going to DH, so moot point really

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always said the same thing... Nelson Cruz and Alfonso Soriano are the two streakiest hitters in baseball, with hamilton being up there as well. He'll have an amazing two week stretch and then shit the bed. Not worried

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI only show that guys like Machado are getting on base a lot in front of him.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RBI only show that guys like Machado are getting on base a lot in front of him.

His line all the way across looks pretty good so far, leads the Orioles in a lot of offensive categories

BTW Machado is still out with a knee injury

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His line all the way across looks pretty good so far, leads the Orioles in a lot of offensive categories

BTW Machado is still out with a knee injury

Oh yeah I forgot all about Manny doing that last year but yeah my point stands. He is having a great year, because he is taking walks and driving the ball. Not because he is knocking runs in. RBI just says guys in front of him are getting on base a lot. Just like last year with Max Scherzer. Dude deserved his Cy Young based on his actual numbers and not just the wins.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had hot streaks before, we shall see how it all plays out before saying he was a "steal" at 8 million and a draft pick

Yeah, after signing Choo, it just wasn't going to work here. But I can still cheer for the guy, I still like him. And am going go ahead and say he was a steal for that... that's my opinion on it anyway.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah I forgot all about Manny doing that last year but yeah my point stands. He is having a great year, because he is taking walks and driving the ball. Not because he is knocking runs in. RBI just says guys in front of him are getting on base a lot. Just like last year with Max Scherzer. Dude deserved his Cy Young based on his actual numbers and not just the wins.

I actually disagree here. I mean there is truth what you are saying but RBIS tell you more than just the guys in front of him are getting on base... they tell you that when they are getting on base, he is driving them home. Thats pretty important to me. I think this could be verified pretty simply by comparing RBI and BARISP to see if there is a direct relationship. I would be willing bet that most of the leaders in RBIS also would he leaders in BARISP. I could be wrong though... haven't really looked.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Orioles designated hitter Nelson Cruz went 2 for 4 with two home runs and five RBI in his team's 10-8 win over the Blue Jays Wednesday.

Nellie has 10 games in the OF and 9 games as DH I believe. He is playing the outfield as well, but he is DH'ing. As a player he will play the position the manager pencils him in at on a daily basis and if its at DH he will play there and would have if in Texas. While he is a streaky guy, if he plays most of the season without injury, I would expect him to hit .260-.265 with 25-30 HR's and 90-100 RBI. I would take that production for 8 million all day long and the draft pick is relative to "moot" as who knows what kind of player that guy ends up being.

Question is will it put Baltimore over the top as a WS contender? HMM doubtful, but may have gone a long way in making Texas a real threat.

Cruz has his issues but you can't argue his production.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually disagree here. I mean there is truth what you are saying but RBIS tell you more than just the guys in front of him are getting on base... they tell you that when they are getting on base, he is driving them home. Thats pretty important to me. I think this could be verified pretty simply by comparing RBI and BARISP to see if there is a direct relationship. I would be willing bet that most of the leaders in RBIS also would he leaders in BARISP. I could be wrong though... haven't really looked.

Look up Others Batting in, and it will explain better what I am trying to point out with RBI being obsolete. RBI tells me little but that the guy had a favorable outcome with guys on base.

Who are the real 'RBI guys?' - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also BARISP is way to damn SSS. I have and will always argue that given enough ABs with RISP a player will hit near or at their average for the season.