• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers hired Darren Oliver to be Jon Daniels special asst.

More like special assistant to Ron Washington. You know Ron is going to find a way to call in Ollie from the pen... that's his boy. Maybe JD brought him on help teach the BP on how to gain Wash's confidence.

OK, enough kidding around. I like Ollie and and happy to have him back. He had a long MLB career and can probably teach the guys a thing or two about conditioning and adapting your game as your skill set changes with age. Or who knows, maybe he is a really good scout... I honestly have no idea what his real role will be.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like special assistant to Ron Washington. You know Ron is going to find a way to call in Ollie from the pen... that's his boy. Maybe JD brought him on help teach the BP on how to gain Wash's confidence.

OK, enough kidding around. I like Ollie and and happy to have him back. He had a long MLB career and can probably teach the guys a thing or two about conditioning and adapting your game as your skill set changes with age. Or who knows, maybe he is a really good scout... I honestly have no idea what his real role will be.
Hopefully helping Tepesch become a better starter and ready to stay in the majors. And then with Jackson.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@drewdavison: #Rangers injury update (good to worse): Choo expected to avoid DL; Kouzmanoff flying to TX for further exam; Figueroa needs Tommy John.

Not good at all for Figueroa.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@drewdavison: #Rangers injury update (good to worse): Choo expected to avoid DL; Kouzmanoff flying to TX for further exam; Figueroa needs Tommy John.

That sucks ass...... It seems like every time we get a guy back one or two more go down.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if I had to hope for a good to worse order, that's the order I'd rank those players. Best news for the best player. That really sucks for Figueroa though.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kouzmanoff probably goes on the DL. I hate to lose him, but it should give choice a chance to get some additional AB's in which kind of solves part of that dilemma.

Losing Figueroa sucks. He was developing nicely as a solid guy in the pen and now were down to one lefty in the pen. Would imagine JD is combing the waiver wire for an adequate LOOGY, or maybe we see Feliz again. Hard to say. That also may be the roster spot scheppers occupies when he comes off the DL.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kouzmanoff probably goes on the DL. I hate to lose him, but it should give choice a chance to get some additional AB's in which kind of solves part of that dilemma.

Losing Figueroa sucks. He was developing nicely as a solid guy in the pen and now were down to one lefty in the pen. Would imagine JD is combing the waiver wire for an adequate LOOGY, or maybe we see Feliz again. Hard to say. That also may be the roster spot scheppers occupies when he comes off the DL.

I heard Feliz was in Arlington yesterday because he's hurt again.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy John surgeries running amuck in the MLB. NY's Nova the latest.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy John surgeries running amuck in the MLB. NY's Nova the latest.

I don't know if you're on to anything or not. I'm kind of guessing not.

Someone, anyone, help me out; I heard that almost 1/3 of the starting pitchers in the majors have had TJ surgery. Can this be true? I wouldn't think this could be remotely close. But I'm guessing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you're on to anything or not. I'm kind of guessing not.

Someone, anyone, help me out; I heard that almost 1/3 of the starting pitchers in the majors have had TJ surgery. Can this be true? I wouldn't think this could be remotely close. But I'm guessing.
Do you trust your source quoting 1/3 as accurate? That may be off a little but just wondering. Certainly don't know. By the way, how bout that brooming we gave the A's?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy John's take on all of the pitchers having to undergo Tommy John surgery:

MLB Tommy John on surgeries: 'Unreal' - ESPN

Basically he links all of the arm problems today to kids throwing way too many innings in year-round baseball these days. Then it catches up to them by the time they're pros. Interesting.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you trust your source quoting 1/3 as accurate? That may be off a little but just wondering. Certainly don't know. By the way, how bout that brooming we gave the A's?

To answer your question: some. How's that for sittin-on-a-fence? haha

That brooming was made even sweeter due to the circumstances - insert injuried players here - and it was almost TOO sweet.

I say almost b/c I'm a greedy bastard who wants this to happen late in the season while we're taking the crown from their inflated heads. HA

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer your question: some. How's that for sittin-on-a-fence? haha

That brooming was made even sweeter due to the circumstances - insert injuried players here - and it was almost TOO sweet.

I say almost b/c I'm a greedy bastard who wants this to happen late in the season while we're taking the crown from their inflated heads. HA
:lol:The sweep would have won some money in Vegas. Loved every minute especially game 2.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Basically he links all of the arm problems today to kids throwing way too many innings in year-round baseball these days. Then it catches up to them by the time they're pros. Interesting.

A while back we bantered this around a lot. That old "repetition of muscle movement" surely takes a toll.

Someone - not a poster, but player/perhaps doc - was quoted about kids should play multi sports and improve overall muscle development. Thus getting away from all the repetition.

It makes all the sense in the world to me.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will I would agree with that. To show my age we would play multiple sports and at only certain times of the year. But now they have these select leagues and these kids are throwing all year. And their arms are still developing and it has to take its toll sooner or later. There is no telling how many kids blow their arms out before they even have a chance to play college or minor league ball.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course, of all 3 sports teams we have playing right now, NONE of them would be playing tonight