• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your new LA Laker: D'Angelo Russell

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really looking forward to the summer league now. Don't really care about the score in the end, just like to see Clarkson, Russell and Randle play together.
Definitely. If I could point out a negative(but sometimes a positive) with Russell is that sometimes he gets REALLY hot, and MUCH like Steph Curry, he tends to jack up a couple shots from deep. However, sometimes with Steph that can go the other and he can put on an absolute show, and while Russell may not be able to do some of the ridiculous stuff that Steph does yet, he tends to get hot, and it's pretty fun to watch

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. If I could point out a negative(but sometimes a positive) with Russell is that sometimes he gets REALLY hot, and MUCH like Steph Curry, he tends to jack up a couple shots from deep. However, sometimes with Steph that can go the other and he can put on an absolute show, and while Russell may not be able to do some of the ridiculous stuff that Steph does yet, he tends to get hot, and it's pretty fun to watch

That's when Kobe steps in. With one years left in the league, I hope Russell picks up as much as he can from Kobe.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's when Kobe steps in. With one years left in the league, I hope Russell picks up as much as he can from Kobe.
Same here, 19 years, 5 titles...I hope he picks his brain every day in training camp

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, 19 years, 5 titles...I hope he picks his brain every day in training camp

Sounds like he's excited to learn from Kobe!

On another note, HOW can we still get Cousins?? I'm hearing the reports that the Lakers are still trying to get Cousins, I'm not seeing how it can happen. I don't think it does happen, but am cautiously optimistic!

Also, if we have a chance to get Love or Aldridge, who we goin after harder??

I think we'll be ok, but I'm just not seeing any reports that the Lakers are strong front runners to get any of the bigs I think we need.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On another note, HOW can we still get Cousins?? I'm hearing the reports that the Lakers are still trying to get Cousins, I'm not seeing how it can happen. I don't think it does happen, but am cautiously optimistic!

I think we'll be ok, but I'm just not seeing any reports that the Lakers are strong front runners to get any of the bigs I think we need.
Just my opinion(and not that I have any kind of sources), but as more time passes, it's lookin like the Cousins deal is getting a little unlikely, butI think they'll continue to look into it however. Anthing is possible though, as I think Cousins and Karl have no choice to salvage this. As for Love/Aldridge, believe it or not, but reports continue to come out that we have a good chance at landing one of these guys. If I had my choice, I'd rather have Aldridge, but if we can get Love with a nice, solid center, we'd be good.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more likely that Russell will be the PG and Clarkson the SG. Although, they both have the ability to play both positions, so it really won't matter.
This will serve well for Kobe moving over to the SF spot, he wont have to be chasing around orher guards as much.

jaz4u11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope that Russell is the beast that some say he is. I will check out the summer league. Can't wiff on Free Agency now!!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think that Russell is the better shooter, wouldn't he play the 2??

From NBADraft.net:

Shows good form on his shot and a quick release. Connecting at a good rate on shots at all 3 levels through the early part of the season ... Very good at running the pick-and-roll, well ahead of most guards at the same stage in that element ... Very good at creating shots in the midrange with a nasty handle, using crossovers and fakes to rock defenders off balance

He was a PG at tOSU. But they ran a pretty traditional offense. Either way, Clarkson is a combo guard and Russell seems to be the same. I know when Byron was talking about him, he was careful to just refer to him as a guard rather than a point guard. Cool thing is, with their skills, they can both just be guards. It'll make it harder for other teams to defend them.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that not getting Cousins last night, means it's not happening. It would have to be some package of players and future picks and I don't think the Lakers are going to be willing to part with the guys that the Kings will want. The one thing that makes it at all possible is that the longer the impasse between Karl and the FO lasts, the lower the price gets for Cousins.

Out of Aldridge and Love, it's a tough call. Aldridge is 29 and the better overall player, but probably only had 5-7 more years as a top player. Love is 26 and probably has 7-10 years left as a top player. Personally, I prefer to go with Aldridge because they can go after another big in FA in a few years.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many thought Okafor was the pick and were resigned to it. It will just take some time to adjust I think.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that not getting Cousins last night, means it's not happening. It would have to be some package of players and future picks and I don't think the Lakers are going to be willing to part with the guys that the Kings will want. The one thing that makes it at all possible is that the longer the impasse between Karl and the FO lasts, the lower the price gets for Cousins.

Out of Aldridge and Love, it's a tough call. Aldridge is 29 and the better overall player, but probably only had 5-7 more years as a top player. Love is 26 and probably has 7-10 years left as a top player. Personally, I prefer to go with Aldridge because they can go after another big in FA in a few years.

I'd rather go for one of Gasol/Monroe/Jordan/RLopez to get a conventional center. Maybe Upshaw will impress at summer league...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just glad Russell didn't go to the 76ers. I don't like their current tanking tactics.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather go for one of Gasol/Monroe/Jordan/RLopez to get a conventional center. Maybe Upshaw will impress at summer league...

Gasol would be my first choice out of all of the bigs, but I don't see him leaving Memphis. Jordan would be great and the Lakers might be able to convince him to walk across the hall. Word is he and CP3 don't really get along. the fun thing with getting Jordan would be that it would pretty well be a killshot on the Clips because they don't have the cap space to replace him.

Folks don't seem as high on Monroe, not sure why though. Isn't Brooke the better of the 2 Lopez's?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gasol would be my first choice out of all of the bigs, but I don't see him leaving Memphis. Jordan would be great and the Lakers might be able to convince him to walk across the hall. Word is he and CP3 don't really get along. the fun thing with getting Jordan would be that it would pretty well be a killshot on the Clips because they don't have the cap space to replace him.

Folks don't seem as high on Monroe, not sure why though. Isn't Brooke the better of the 2 Lopez's?

I'm not sure why either, he has the most 20-10 games in the Eastern Conference since 2011 and missed 3 games in 4 years before this past season.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already, Deandre Jordon to the Lakers is picking up traction. The Cousins deal is done as the owner is/has considering/considered firing Karl over even suggesting trading Cousins. The Kings have way more problems and this deal is done. The Aldridge/Jordon talk is really picking up steam. This could be true but again it could be just like the Cousins debacle-alot of hot air to fill story space on somebody's screen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already, Deandre Jordon to the Lakers is picking up traction. The Cousins deal is done as the owner is/has considering/considered firing Karl over even suggesting trading Cousins. The Kings have way more problems and this deal is done. The Aldridge/Jordon talk is really picking up steam. This could be true but again it could be just like the Cousins debacle-alot of hot air to fill story space on somebody's screen.

Yeah, the Lakers picking Russell last night means that they will now be rumored to be going after every FA center available and trading for all of the one's that aren't.

I'd even expect to see the Cousins trade possibility brought back up at some point.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might indeed happen TJF12 because Cousins is adamant that he wants out of Sacramento. AS I stated, the Kings have a boatload of problems and if this continues to be a divisive issue, Vlade just may rid himself of Cousins for say Swaggy, Hill, Wes Johnson, and a second round pick next year or something similar. This may go down as Lawson keeps tweeting he is headed back to play for Karl again and Cousins keep stating he ain't playing for Karl anymore.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That might indeed happen TJF12 because Cousins is adamant that he wants out of Sacramento. AS I stated, the Kings have a boatload of problems and if this continues to be a divisive issue, Vlade just may rid himself of Cousins for say Swaggy, Hill, Wes Johnson, and a second round pick next year or something similar. This may go down as Lawson keeps tweeting he is headed back to play for Karl again and Cousins keep stating he ain't playing for Karl anymore.

Divac would be outta his mind to trade Cousins for that package of shit.