• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your favorite one hit wonder

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Dr. Hook at the Palomino in N. Hollywood when I lived in LA years ago.

I remember the Palomino and saw some good bands there...I lived in NoHo for a few yrs during the early to mid 80's. Had an awesome apartment just off Laurel Canyon Blvd.
I worked for Lockheed International at Burbank Airport (BGP) before they changed it to Bob Hope.

You ever go to a club called FM Station? It was on Victory Blvd.

Last edited:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I remember the Palomino and saw some good bands there...I lived in NoHo for a few yrs during the early to mid 80's. Had an awesome apartment just off Laurel Canyon Blvd.
I worked for Lockheed International at Burbank Airport (BGP) before they changed it to Bob Hope.

You ever go to a club called FM Station? It was on Victory Blvd.

Was not aware of FM Station. In ‘80, ‘81, while working at Litton Data, I had an apartment in Van Nuys near VN blvd. Victory blvd. sounds familiar through the haze. Most bars and clubs I went to are long forgotten except for the hot ones like the Palomino, Whiskey, Roxy, and Troubadour on Sunset. Great concerts at those clubs. Gotta go back.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiskey, Roxy, and Troubadour on Sunset. Great concerts at those clubs. Gotta go back.

Yep..been to all those clubs back in the day. Good times for sure.
Also Madame Wong's in Chinatown (near Dodger Stadium)...and her other club on Wilshire were always rockin'. Not to mention all the smaller venues along the coast in the beach towns from Malibu down into OC. Too many to name. I still go down there a few times a year, but the club scene isn't what it used to be...nor are the bands nowadays unfortunately.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep..been to all those clubs back in the day. Good times for sure.
Also Madame Wong's in Chinatown (near Dodger Stadium)...and her other club on Wilshire were always rockin'. Not to mention all the smaller venues along the coast in the beach towns from Malibu down into OC. Too many to name. I still go down there a few times a year, but the club scene isn't what it used to be...nor are the bands nowadays unfortunately.

Yeah, amazing variety of bars. I may visit Yosemite Park later this year and if I do, I’d like to spend a few days in LA to see how it’s changed in the last few decades. Also see a game at Dodger stadium. I was there for Valenzuela’s rookie year.

Grim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to interrupt you lightweights with this masterpiece...

Not everyone can be a winner. :heh: