• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

YOUR Denver Broncos Super Bowl 50 Champions!!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1st Q was important, but when they didn't get any points off the 3Q 1st drive...the frustration started getting to Cam.

Essentially DEN was ready for everything CAR showed on film and for the most part...CAR was ready for everything DEN showed on film...except this time...DEN got up early.

Both defenses definitely were prepared for anything and everything the other had to throw at them. To me I don't think the Broncos were surprised that they were found in another tough grind it out game. I think the Panthers and especially Cam though like you said got frustrated because nobody had done this to him all year. Atlanta I guess you could say in the 1 loss for the year but he was used to having all day to sit back in the pocket and throw and was used to the run game dominating from the very beginning. The Broncos said they had to take the run game away and make Cam beat them through the air. That actually was the question Cam walked out of the interview on was when he was asked about his thoughts on the Broncos saying that they were daring Cam to have to throw because they didn't think he could beat them without the run game.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Denver fans...a helluvan effort from an all-time great defense.

At least Cam didn't get pummeled nearly as badly as Brady did two weeks ago...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both defenses definitely were prepared for anything and everything the other had to throw at them. To me I don't think the Broncos were surprised that they were found in another tough grind it out game. I think the Panthers and especially Cam though like you said got frustrated because nobody had done this to him all year. Atlanta I guess you could say in the 1 loss for the year but he was used to having all day to sit back in the pocket and throw and was used to the run game dominating from the very beginning. The Broncos said they had to take the run game away and make Cam beat them through the air. That actually was the question Cam walked out of the interview on was when he was asked about his thoughts on the Broncos saying that they were daring Cam to have to throw because they didn't think he could beat them without the run game.

It was a perfect storm DEF...DEN had the interior beef to shut down the run game in between the tackles...they had the speed to cover the lateral running. Shula's passing game is mostly off playaction, and 5 step drop type routes...he needed a 3 step drop game plan.

Idt DEN's plan was to have Cam beat them throwing...the game plan was to have him beat them throwing under pressure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a perfect storm DEF...DEN had the interior beef to shut down the run game in between the tackles...they had the speed to cover the lateral running. Shula's passing game is mostly off playaction, and 5 step drop type routes...he needed a 3 step drop game plan.

Idt DEN's plan was to have Cam beat them throwing...the game plan was to have him beat them throwing under pressure.

Ok should have been more specific. You are right they wanted to pressure Cam. I think I saw a stat that said Cam when throwing under pressure ranked something like 18th in QB Rating. Most teams in the league though don't have the secondary that can hold up in man coverage long enough. To me that is what makes this Broncos defense so great is they are good from the front clear to the back. You can't really point at one player and say "this player is a huge liability for them." So yeah that allowed then the Broncos to send extra guys after Cam and get the hits to rattle him.

Also love that you pointed to the guys inside. I don't think they have gotten the credit they deserve. Ware and Miller get a lot of the credit for the pass rush but those inside guys have been huge in both the pass and run of getting penetration and making it where teams don't have those 3rd and short plays so then Miller and Ware can feed on those 3rd and longs. They also have been great at collapsing the pocket. A lot of Cam's throws even when he wasn't hit were with guys in his face making him have to throw off his back foot.

Just one of those games that to me should go down as one of the all-time great performances by a unit in the Super Bowl. Feels so good to be on this end of it compared to 2 years ago.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok should have been more specific. You are right they wanted to pressure Cam. I think I saw a stat that said Cam when throwing under pressure ranked something like 18th in QB Rating. Most teams in the league though don't have the secondary that can hold up in man coverage long enough. To me that is what makes this Broncos defense so great is they are good from the front clear to the back. You can't really point at one player and say "this player is a huge liability for them." So yeah that allowed then the Broncos to send extra guys after Cam and get the hits to rattle him.

Also love that you pointed to the guys inside. I don't think they have gotten the credit they deserve. Ware and Miller get a lot of the credit for the pass rush but those inside guys have been huge in both the pass and run of getting penetration and making it where teams don't have those 3rd and short plays so then Miller and Ware can feed on those 3rd and longs. They also have been great at collapsing the pocket. A lot of Cam's throws even when he wasn't hit were with guys in his face making him have to throw off his back foot.

Just one of those games that to me should go down as one of the all-time great performances by a unit in the Super Bowl. Feels so good to be on this end of it compared to 2 years ago.

Oher, a Raven castoff, and the young Remmers held up pretty well all year. Playing from the lead helped shield them a little from facing the kind of heat they faced yesterday.

Yeah...they knew if they played zone and rushed 3 or 4 Cam could be effective...but coming after him from various angles and when the down and distance became predictable...with no running game to be concerned about, the edge guys had a big advantage against slower developing plays.

Cam had a tough game and he needs to own it, but Idt any QB would've fared much better.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oher, a Raven castoff, and the young Remmers held up pretty well all year. Playing from the lead helped shield them a little from facing the kind of heat they faced yesterday.

Yeah...they knew if they played zone and rushed 3 or 4 Cam could be effective...but coming after him from various angles and when the down and distance became predictable...with no running game to be concerned about, the edge guys had a big advantage against slower developing plays.

Cam had a tough game and he needs to own it, but Idt any QB would've fared much better.

Probably not...But like you said Carolina needed to make adjustments. They have just dominated so much playing the same way all year with a dominant run game and play action off of that that they hadn't really developed any other style to counter if the original game plan got stopped. Honestly Bronco fans should be thanking the Steelers. We saw the Broncos do the same thing the first time we played you guys of sticking with our man coverage every single play even when it was being dominated. After that game Wade Phillips must have had a very long look at himself in the mirror and realize he has to learn to adjust to the team he is playing. After that we started seeing the Broncos run more zone looks than ever before. We started not blitzing if the team had a quick passing game because it left us very vulnerable. The transformation of Wade Phillips after all of his years in the league to be willing to adjust like he did is why the Broncos have a Super Bowl trophy right now!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not...But like you said Carolina needed to make adjustments. They have just dominated so much playing the same way all year with a dominant run game and play action off of that that they hadn't really developed any other style to counter if the original game plan got stopped. Honestly Bronco fans should be thanking the Steelers. We saw the Broncos do the same thing the first time we played you guys of sticking with our man coverage every single play even when it was being dominated. After that game Wade Phillips must have had a very long look at himself in the mirror and realize he has to learn to adjust to the team he is playing. After that we started seeing the Broncos run more zone looks than ever before. We started not blitzing if the team had a quick passing game because it left us very vulnerable. The transformation of Wade Phillips after all of his years in the league to be willing to adjust like he did is why the Broncos have a Super Bowl trophy right now!

Just watching the game from a fan of the sport standpoint, instead of a fan of a team in the game I tend to pay more attention to the inner workings of the game if you will.

I just got out of the car listening to sportstalk radio and they had the Falcons p-b-p analyst on ...former QB...he said...it looked like Wade Phillips out coached Mike Shula...he went on the say..Cam was high on a few balls he tried to drill in there, but he was running plays that didn't have much chance of success against the DEF called, and he didn't see any adjustments on blocking scheme, or anything in the 2nd half...

Now, we were saying this last night watching it...it was a stroke to my ego to hear this guy say the same thing.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot to get me emotional, but I cried like a women when Peyton was holding up the trophy. So awesome that he gets to retire after a Super Bowl victory!

I always had faith that the Broncos could win it all this year because of the defense. If you remember late in the season when many where saying it was unlikely Denver could win in the playoffs because of the problems on offense, I said that great defense keeps you in every game and gives you a good chance to win playoff games. I had great faith in this team because of the defense and I'm so excited that Von Miller and company came through in a huge way!!! I am SO happy today. A great time to be a Broncos fan!! Can't wait for next season to see if we can repeat!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I feel right now!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do Texans fans think about this win with Kubiak at HC, Wade at DC and Kollar as DL coach? Are they happy with them or mad it didn't happen in Houston?

Manning and Kubiak ....Can't beat em Join them !!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Broncos have the Colts to thank for all 3 of our Lombardi's. They drafted both of the starting QB's for us. So thank you Colts!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks ATL! This has probably been the craziest season I have ever watched of the Broncos. I'm still at a loss for words for what I saw last night. As much as I have talked up this Broncos defense honestly I didn't even think they could do what they did last night. This defense will go down with some of the greats and that Super Bowl performance when nobody thought they would win will be one for the ages. Like I said still processing all that I saw. This will be the first off season that I almost hope never ends in a long time. Want to celebrate this one for a while.

I am sooooo with you on every last word ...this season was nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!! It is the season that if you told me it would play out like this I would of told you , you were nuts ..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy I forgot to ask did you text Marshall and tell him you're welcome for telling him to pick the Broncos?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been so much fun listening to out of Denver area tv today. So many people back tracking trying to figure out how in the world the Broncos could do something like this. All they keep talking about though is Cam Newton. Heard one say that the Broncos defense was "ok" but that he thought the Panthers offense should have won easily just had a bunch of mistakes. Well somebody had to force those mistakes to happen. I mean not like this is the first game the Broncos have done this to an elite QB in the league.

Still getting no respect and honestly I do not care as we are the Super Bowl Champs! They can rate us as the worst Super Bowl winning team in history and well you know what that still means we won the Super Bowl!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wonder what Homer Simpson has to say these days...He back in 1996 was given ownership of the Broncos and was none too happy about it. They have won 3 Super Bowls since.