• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Young Offensive Core Beginning To Emerge

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite starting 0-3 & struggling to score, it's impossible not to notice the young emerging offensive core for the #Broncos

From an exciting complimentary running back duo, an emerging go-to X receiver who is diversifying his game, finally finding a plug-n-play stalwart on the OL, and an upside TE showing flashes and keeping historical pace w/ other first round tight ends, there are signs of life on offense.

There are still questions at quarterback until Lock plays, wide receiver in life after Sanders is questionable at best, and left tackle is a major concern given how Bolles has played, but building blocks are emerging nonetheless.

They haven't put it all together quite yet, but the offensive pieces are in set for Denver to start putting up some points and climb out of the cellar of scoring teams in the NFL.

Broncos' young core has been impressive but the offense is still missing one crucial piece - SI.com

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually thinking something similar to this recently and it’s a big part of why I want to see Lock get some starts (assuming he’s available) if the Broncos slide to a 2-7 or so record at their bye.

Of course what I really hope is the my turn it around and resurrect this season, but if it becomes a season that simply lays foundation for the future I’m good with that too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are in a rebuild - just be honest about it.

I'm still of the opinion that both sides of the ball will get better as they absorb the offense or defensive scheme and make it instinctual. It may also be that Fangio is a little off all calling defensive plays from sideline level for the first time.

At the start of the pre-season the Broncos had to make a choice - play the ones a significant amount of time to work out the bugs and get the guys used to the new concepts, or play the bottom half of the roster to see what kind of talent they had and how refined was it. The Broncos played the bottom of the roster. Pre-season - really started for the ones in the regular season. If you are rolling over a scheme most of the players are used to - then the old adage in football would apply - that the starters pretty much don't need training camp to get ready these days. What makes it different for the Broncos this year - is that they had new schemes on both sides of the ball.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast" Alexander Pope

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos are in a rebuild - just be honest about it.

I'm still of the opinion that both sides of the ball will get better as they absorb the offense or defensive scheme and make it instinctual. It may also be that Fangio is a little off all calling defensive plays from sideline level for the first time.

At the start of the pre-season the Broncos had to make a choice - play the ones a significant amount of time to work out the bugs and get the guys used to the new concepts, or play the bottom half of the roster to see what kind of talent they had and how refined was it. The Broncos played the bottom of the roster. Pre-season - really started for the ones in the regular season. If you are rolling over a scheme most of the players are used to - then the old adage in football would apply - that the starters pretty much don't need training camp to get ready these days. What makes it different for the Broncos this year - is that they had new schemes on both sides of the ball.

"Hope springs eternal in the human breast" Alexander Pope

I think the reason they sat the starters because of no depth and risk of injury