• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You were right about Matthews Clyde / Bingo

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I always liked him, as you know, but after the combine performance the guy put up he's lookin' like #1 WR material. Maybe a hear behind Dez Bryant. He probably won't even be there when the Niners pick.

Just like Dez I didn't give Matthews enough credit. At least this time I get to see some combine numbers to change my position BEFORE the draft.

And I'm not just talking about his 40; his weight, arm length, hand size & even bench press were amazing. He's everything the Niners would want in a WR because he'll be great at catching and blocking.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:suds:

I respect a man who's open to hearing and seeing other individual's point of view; and isn't afraid to reconsider a strong position he once held firm belief about.

I have been wrong many of times (Clay Matthews, Dexter Jackson, Kenny Britt) - but I am never shy from admitting that I was wrong. Once again, mad respect to you.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I am still curious to see what his 10-yard split was though. He has "didn't show" listed. :scratch:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little ticked off though because I was REALLY hoping we'd be able to land him in the 2nd in this pretty deep WR class. You never know what happens on draft day though and there are a bunch of WRs that people can fall in love with and take them ahead of him, but right now he's my #2 WR behind only Watkins.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little ticked off though because I was REALLY hoping we'd be able to land him in the 2nd in this pretty deep WR class. You never know what happens on draft day though and there are a bunch of WRs that people can fall in love with and take them ahead of him, but right now he's my #2 WR behind only Watkins.

What about Marqise Lee?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He went to USC, so that disqualifies him being in his top two choices. Just kidding.

It's clear, his nagging injuries that hampered him all season, are still lingering. He can be a lot faster and explosive than what he showed at the combine...

With that said, I don't think he is a good fit with the 49ers. Kap's rocket throws and Lee's suspect hands are not a good combination...

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear, his nagging injuries that hampered him all season, are still lingering. He can be a lot faster and explosive than what he showed at the combine...

With that said, I don't think he is a good fit with the 49ers. Kap's rocket throws and Lee's suspect hands are not a good combination...

But kaepernick may get over that nonsense as he improves and learns to put touch on the ball.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Matthews ran 6.95 in the 3cone, which is the same as Sammy Watkins.

Matthews ran 4.18 in the 20 yard shuttle; Watkins ran a 4.34.

Wow.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I respect a man who's open to hearing and seeing other individual's point of view; and isn't afraid to reconsider a strong position he once held firm belief about.

I have been wrong many of times (Clay Matthews, Dexter Jackson, Kenny Britt) - but I am never shy from admitting that I was wrong. Once again, mad respect to you.

Where drew Stanton??? Lol

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd like to hear why he doesn't get separation? Now we know he's not limited. Not only is he fast, he's quick according to the numbers. Is the reason he's not getting separation his route running or because he doesn't have the game speed?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Still no word on Matthews' 10-yard split. This is weird.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to hear why he doesn't get separation? Now we know he's not limited. Not only is he fast, he's quick according to the numbers. Is the reason he's not getting separation his route running or because he doesn't have the game speed?

Or maybe he has gotten faster with speed training. He might have moved himself from second to first round with these numbers though.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans looked like a beast. I think the 49ers will grab one of the top WRs(Evans, Watkins,Mathews,Cook or Benjamin.) I know the 1st 2 are long shots but u never know.

Im very impressed with this WR class.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Evans looked like a beast. I think the 49ers will grab one of the top WRs(Evans, Watkins,Mathews,Cook or Benjamin.) I know the 1st 2 are long shots but u never know.

Im very impressed with this WR class.

Of that group, only Watkins is on the level of Lee and Watkins plays in a weak conference.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really Cook. He could slot or outside plus the added bonus on the return game. Hope he lasts until pick #30. Matthews also had a good showing at the combine. I would really like for the Niners to draft two receivers just in case Crabtree doesn't get resign. Matthews, Cook and Patton would be a terrific group of receivers in 2015.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still no word on Matthews' 10-yard split. This is weird.

It's not weird at all in my opinion. They are doing a terrible job again this year (I won't get into why) of getting out the numbers. Every single split you see either comes from NFL Network or the online coverage. Every single one. Matthews' wasn't shown.

All the 10s, along with every other number, won't be made available to media until the MASTER report comes out after the combine is over with. Most fans never get their hands on the MASTER report, though. That includes SEVERAL splits (not just one like fans see) from a couple of scouts in attendance. It also includes all NFL Network times, all unofficial times, and all electronic times. Much different than what fans get. However, like I said, most fans never get their hands on the MASTER report.