• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You have two picks

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be stupid not to draft Clowney. You already have the corners and you are in a defensive division where getting a extra receiver isnt going to magically help. Did it help Denver? Did it help Green Bay? You can get Cooks or Benjamin with your second pick. Clowney is a game changer, why are you wanting him to go to a team with better offense than you?

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you suggest comes off the field?

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would be stupid not to draft Clowney. You already have the corners and you are in a defensive division where getting a extra receiver isnt going to magically help. Did it help Denver? Did it help Green Bay? You can get Cooks or Benjamin with your second pick. Clowney is a game changer, why are you wanting him to go to a team with better offense than you?

Having Clowney in a Rams uniform would be cool. But, I wouldn't exactly call it "stupid" to pass on him. Stupid would be using the #2 overall pick to draft depth. We already have arguably the best DE tandem in the league and plenty of other holes to fill across the board. Unless he can play OLB, or S... Clowney isn't going to be a huge improvement to an already very good defense, as it stands now. Sure, we play in the NFC West, but we can already hang defensively. Denver and Green Bay are irrelevant because we're already much better than they are on the defensive side of the ball. So wouldn't it make more sense to improve the offense instead?

To the Rams (right now, at least)... the best use of Jadeveon Clowney is as trade bait.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that the Rams biggest needs are on the offensive side of the ball. If this team could score more they'd be a threat.

Rams need playmakers. That's how I'd use the higher picks.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been a proponent of drafting an OT and a FS with the first 2 picks. Now that said, if we do not find a dance partner (and I think we might have a new pursuer in J'ville since they signed Red Bryant today) and pick at #2 I think our BEST course of action would be Watkins and Lewan (or Matthews if he falls there) with the first 2 picks and then look FS in the 2nd or 3rd. But I am also willing to bet just about anything on the fact that we will draft at either #3, #4, #6 or #10 (yes Detroit REALLY wants Watkins and that might end up being the RGIII type deal and we can still go OT and FS with picks 10 and 13)