• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

You guys need to read this, if you have not heard

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The physical evidence will be enough.

Hey Krafty - I grew up in Bristol County and while this doesn't surprise me about the witnesses, they are going to have to make sure that the physical evidence is rock solid across the board and I am not talking about linking a bubble gum wrapper to the vehicle that purportedly was at the scene of the crime when the crime is committed, if you know what I mean....

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it all along: there's a very good chance he will walk.

I've also been saying: he's a total scumbag who deserves to have the book thrown at him and I hope he never plays in the NFL again.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying it all along: there's a very good chance he will walk.

I've also been saying: he's a total scumbag who deserves to have the book thrown at him and I hope he never plays in the NFL again.

Agreed on both points but if he gets off, he is going to get a job.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate, but you're right. He'll get a job somewhere... just not here.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Krafty - I grew up in Bristol County and while this doesn't surprise me about the witnesses, they are going to have to make sure that the physical evidence is rock solid across the board and I am not talking about linking a bubble gum wrapper to the vehicle that purportedly was at the scene of the crime when the crime is committed, if you know what I mean....

From what I recall, they have surveillance video of his vehicle entering the industrial park where the guy was shot and just after that neighbors heard gunshots and the same camera caught the car leaving the park after the gunshots. I'm sure there's more than that but that's enough.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I recall, they have surveillance video of his vehicle entering the industrial park where the guy was shot and just after that neighbors heard gunshots and the same camera caught the car leaving the park after the gunshots. I'm sure there's more than that but that's enough.

That would be correct Krafty. From that point, they need to establish that he pulled the trigger and if the motive is enough to convict.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I know they still don't have the murder weapon. Without that any conviction is a challenge.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be correct Krafty. From that point, they need to establish that he pulled the trigger and if the motive is enough to convict.

They don't have to establish who pulled the trigger. If he conspired to commit the murder he's guilty and if he took part in it he's guilty.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't have to establish who pulled the trigger. If he conspired to commit the murder he's guilty and if he took part in it he's guilty.

Quite correct - and conspiracy sentence is equal to the act itself. I would not ever want to stand in front of a grand jury. You have no rights. Most americans do not understand how a grand jury works. It is not a jury of your "peers" It is a panel of professional judges.....

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't be convicted by a grand jury, though. That's just where you get indicted.

The conviction has to be a jury of your peers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physical evidence......They can't find the weapon and don't even know who it may have belonged to.

They say that Hernandez was in the car with Odin, but without Ortiz or Wallace testifying, they can't put Hernandez in the car.

Conspiracy to commit murder. Who did Hernandez conspire with? Ortiz? Wallace?

Hernandez attorneys are about to demand the trial be scheduled before April 2014. The MA Attorney General's team is in panic mode because they're doing everything they can to find
any piece of evidence. The judge may have to rule in Hernandez's favor or risk violating his right to a fair and expedicious trial. Can't wait for the state to take nine years to gather enough evidence to go to trial.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Physical evidence......They can't find the weapon and don't even know who it may have belonged to.

They say that Hernandez was in the car with Odin, but without Ortiz or Wallace testifying, they can't put Hernandez in the car.

Conspiracy to commit murder. Who did Hernandez conspire with? Ortiz? Wallace?

Hernandez attorneys are about to demand the trial be scheduled before April 2014. The MA Attorney General's team is in panic mode because they're doing everything they can to find
any piece of evidence. The judge may have to rule in Hernandez's favor or risk violating his right to a fair and expedicious trial. Can't wait for the state to take nine years to gather enough evidence to go to trial.

Here's a list of some the evidence known to the public as of seven months ago:

• Victim found 1/2 mile from Hernandez's home w/ numerous gunshot wounds
  • 5 .45 caliber shells found at the scene, fired from a semi-auto weapon, based on the locations and distance between them.
  • Victim was not robbed, had wallet, keys and phone.
  • Keys were to a rental car, registered to Hernandez.
  • Phone contained text messages between the victim and Hernandez, within hours of the murder.
  • Victim's sister said her brother left at 2:30 AM in a silver Nissan Altima with three people inside
  • Hernandez had been renting a Silver Nissan Altima
  • Hernandez had known the victim for about a year, The victims girlfriend is the sister of Hernandez's Fiance
  • The police went to question Hernandez, Who didn't answer the door. a squad car was placed outside. Eventually Hernandez came out, and told the cops he knew they were they and that he had been watching them on his surveillance system
  • A warrant was issued to seize surveillance footage from Hernandez's home.
  • Hernandez had recently installed a 14 camera system with cameras inside and out.
  • Upon reviewing the footage, they noticed that the first 6-8 hours of footage after the time of the murder was missing.
  • at 9:02 PM Hernandez texted a friend from out of state "please make it back"
  • 9:05 he texted the victim, indicating he wanted to come by and get together with him
  • 9:35 he texted the same out of state friend "get your ass up here" then at 10:23 "hurry your ass up"
  • The man he was texting and one other showed up at Hernandez's home, seen on surveillance footage
  • Shortly after they arrive, Hernandez is seen with a firearm in his home on the surveillance system says "he is upset that he can't trust anyone anymore"
  • the three left Hernandez's home at 1:12 AM in the silver Nissan Altima, captured on surveillance, phone records and cell tower
  • the went from Hernandez's home to route 95, headed south towards (? couldn't understand) they turned around and went north. the cell phone tower tracked their movement to a gas station off route 128
  • at 2:10AM Hernandez bought Gas, Bubbalicious blue cotton candy gum, and black and milds which are used for smoking marijuana (the prosecutor seems to be mistaken about common blunt cigars but oh well)
  • Next they went to the victims home, at 2:32 am Hernandez sent a text "we're here" to the victim, this is when the victims sister saw him leave with them, Hernandez was driving
  • They drove back to North Attleboro, this is corroborated by some random surveillance cameras and route was determined by time and distance traveled.
  • during the ride, Hernandez had a conversation with the victim indicating he was upset with him. The two had gone to a club together Friday night.
  • he said some things happened that night and he wasn't sure if he could trust the victim, one of them was that the victim had spoken to some people He had troubles with, and he was mad about it.
  • At 3:07 AM the victim sent a text to his sister "did you see who I am with" no response he texted again at 3:11 AM "Hello?"
  • at 3:19 am his sister replied "who?" at 3:22 the victim texted back "NFL" then 1 minute later "Just so you know"
  • at the time of these texts, the car is seen on surveillance cameras in the area of the murder site/Hernandez's home
  • Surveillance cameras show the vehicle driving down the road to the murder site at 3:23 AM
  • between 3:23 and 3:27 am workers nearby hear multiple gunshots
  • cameras pick up the vehicle along the route between the murder site and Hernandez's home at 3:27 and 3:28 AM.
  • Hernandez's own Surveillance picks sees him arriving back home at 3:29 AM
  • Police confirm it is only a 2 minute drive.
  • autopsy found that all evidence was consistent with the victim being murdered where he was found. In other words, he wasn't dumped. Also consistent Time of death to the time the car was there.
  • two through and through wounds to the victim's chest. Police returned to the scene and dug where the victim was, they found the bullets, indicating the victim was on the ground when he was shot. Both bullets were .45 caliber, consistent with the casings found. All fired from the same unknown gun
  • at 3:30 AM Hernandez is seen with his companions in his driveway, one of whom has a gun.
  • they go inside. Surveillance shows Hernandez walking around with a gun in his hand.
  • all three go to the basement. Surveillance cameras shut off
  • later that day, 5:30 PM Hernandez and his companions return the Nissan Altima to the rental agency, Hernandez offers the attendant Blue Bubbalicious.
  • one of the side mirrors is broken on the car, footage of the vehicle earlier in the night suggest it wasn't broken when he left Boston, he tells the rental agency he didn't even notice it. The evidence being that it was broken sometime between leaving Boston and arriving back at home.
  • He rents another car and returns home, companions leave.
  • At the rental agency, a piece of bubbalicious and a shell casing were found, attendant threw them away. When questioned, she told investigators about it, they found it in the dumpster, Shell casing matched to the casings found at the scene.
  • Tire impressions at the murder scene right next to the body were consistent with a front wheel drive vehicle (altima is FWD)
  • Investigators checked out the rental car. Tire treads matched those at the crime scene. Dirt found on the car also matched the crime scene
  • They found a .22 nearby in a search of everywhere between Hernandez's home and the murder site. Hernandez a month prior had been involved an altercation in providence Rhode island. He had someone with him who was seen to place a gun under a car. This man matches the description of one of his companions on the night of the murder.
  • The gun under the car in Providence was traced to a Florida gun store. The 22 found between Hernandez's home and the murder site was from the same store.
  • further search warrant of Hernandez's home ordered. They found 22 ammo, but no 22 gun. They also found a large capacity 7.62 Hungarian semi auto rifle, and a fully loaded 32 round magazine . Hernandez's prints on it, he doesn't have the correct paperwork to own it.
  • Not recovered was the Black semi auto handgun seen in Hernandez's hand before and after the murder. the second individuals gun not found either.
  • Hernandez's girlfriend was spoken to by police, she was cooperating until a call from Hernandez telling her not to. She then stopped talking.
  • the victim had defensive wounds and seemed to attempt to stop the bullets with his arms.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks bad but you never know in our court system.

HOLY SHIT what a fall though huh? Multi million dollar contract and playing in front of thousands of fans down to a fucking cell.

Wow.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks bad but you never know in our court system.

HOLY SHIT what a fall though huh? Multi million dollar contract and playing in front of thousands of fans down to a fucking cell.

Wow.

It's all circumstantial, though. Without the murder weapon and now that they are unlikely to use eyewitness testimony from his co-conspirators, it's a hard sell to convict him.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's not convicted of murder....he'll be doing time for weapon charges. Doesn't Boston have very strict weapon laws?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a lawyer. I have testified and been part of over 200 court cases involving insurance. A list of 100 specific items is exactly that. 100 items.

As I previously stated....they have not found the murder weapon. They can produce 50 weapons found in his house, 10,000 rounds of ammo to those weapons but the defense will argue, and correctly so, that they have no bearing on the murder. They cannot place Hernandez in the car at the scene of the murder. All of the time lines meet the time of death and the circumstances but they cannot place Hernandez at the murder scene without Ortiz or Wallace testifying that Hernandez was there.

The tapes of his telephone calls from prison are being requested be he was supposedly talking in "code".

Like I said, I'm not a lawyer but the Commonwealth's case is not the strongest to go to a murder trial. OJ walked. The girl in Florida walked. Zimmerman walked and he admitted killing Travon. That and Odin wasn't an innocent law abiding, tax paying citizen.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got a good chance of a drastically reduced charge and a slight chance of walking entirely. They might get him on gun charges or something but once you get out of the Boston metro area we're a state full of hunters and the like, our gun laws aren't nothing but they aren't the strictest and I simply don't see him doing much time just for owning guns not related to the murder.

They very well may have no case.