• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankees

Burgh Sports Rule

Let's Go Bucs!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN just reported, that the Yankees have traded Jesus Montero to the Mariners, for young emerging stud SP Michael Pineda.

It is also reported that the Yanks, have signed Heroki Kuroda 1yr 10M.

In my opinion, these are excellent additions for them.

Of course, the Pirates starting rotation is so deep & strong with quality arms, that we won't even keep Paul Maholm for 1 yr for 5M.

Sigh...

Oh & then there is that whole no 1B thing? GGGaahhhh!

Bucco Fever! Catch It!

Burgh.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the trade for the Yanks, if Pineda doesn't get injured I think they win this one easily.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that deal for the Yankees. Not sold on Montero.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees must have some very incriminating information on Seattle because it seems like they always take them to the cleaners. Jack Z is an idiot and if I was a Mariners fan I would be calling for his head.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Yankees must have some very incriminating information on Seattle because it seems like they always take them to the cleaners. Jack Z is an idiot and if I was a Mariners fan I would be calling for his head.

Jack Z runs a team like a fan, big splashy moves, not much substance.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I am not sold on either acquisition, Pineda is more of a hard thrower than he is a pitcher, Montero in his limited time seems to be a bang or bust type, lots of power and lots of K's. IF Montero sticks at catcher, then I think Seattle wins this trade, regardless of what Pineda does, I just value positional players more than starting pitchers, unless that starter can give me 7+ innings every time out. Then again, this is trying to read the future, we honestly won't know the overall evaluation of this trade for many more years.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on either acquisition, Pineda is more of a hard thrower than he is a pitcher, Montero in his limited time seems to be a bang or bust type, lots of power and lots of K's. IF Montero sticks at catcher, then I think Seattle wins this trade, regardless of what Pineda does, I just value positional players more than starting pitchers, unless that starter can give me 7+ innings every time out. Then again, this is trying to read the future, we honestly won't know the overall evaluation of this trade for many more years.

Pineda out pitched King Felix the first half of last season. He should've been the AL Rookie of the Year. He's at the least a solid #3 right now if not a #2. The Yankees basically gave up a prospect with no defensive position to get him.

Hitting wins ball games. Pitching wins championships. Just ask the rangers of the 90's and early 2000's.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pineda out pitched King Felix the first half of last season. He should've been the AL Rookie of the Year. He's at the least a solid #3 right now if not a #2. The Yankees basically gave up a prospect with no defensive position to get him.

Hitting wins ball games. Pitching wins championships. Just ask the rangers of the 90's and early 2000's.

That is your opinion, and I respect that but I disagree. Pineda is a good prospect, but he could still fail. He is going from the AL West to the East, he will see much better hitting on a more regular basis. He has aa much of a chance of turning into AJ Burnett as he does of turning into a #1. As I said at the end time will tell who really wins this trade.

26 elroy face

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Tell that to the Phillies.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AJ Burnett was a solid #2 for a half decade, nothing wrong if Pineda turns into AJ Burnett.

thecrow124

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
AJ Burnett was a solid #2 for a half decade, nothing wrong if Pineda turns into AJ Burnett.

Yep, right up until the time he moved from the AL West to the AL East. Granted he also saw a drop in FB velocity, but it wasn't that significant until last season, and Pineda will be going from a pitcher friendly park to a hitter friendly park. There is also the added pressure of pitching in NYC. I am not saying he won't succeed, but there are a lot of baseball people smarter than me that believe that Montero is the superior player.

Another way to look at this, it is a trade of someone who could possibly turn into AJ Burnett for someone that could possibly turn into Mike Piazza. It all depends on what you value.