• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WTH is with Lincoln Riley

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'll have to take your word for it as to what the extent of your work is, but your comments were idiotic.
about football players dying yearly from an unknown condition? from having murmurs and asthma? after i typed it i saw someone else bring up sleep apnea so my thoughts werent alone on it. which part? i can find articles for you if you want.
also just remembered athletes in numerous sports that have prior or existing cancer. they too are at higher risk. even in remission.
you still havent answered how many deaths would be ok with you so long as you get football

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i was a college kid and between where i went and my where my friends went yeah a lot would be fine to wake up late, play video games. for the athletes go for a run do whatever kind of workout they can play more video games.
You don't speak for all college kids.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The death ratio for flu is just under 1%. The death ratio for COVID is 3-4%

The CDC estimates that from October 1, 2019, through April 20, 2020, there have been 62,000 flu deaths. As of yesterday there have been over 86,000 coronavirus deaths in the U.S. since March, 2020. Of course it hits older people harder than young people. That's not the issue when it comes to college football. Being qu
We're talking about kids reporting back in 2 months. Nobody is saying have them come back next week. In regards to the economy, yes, it absolutely must start happening immediately in every state. It's reprehensible what California is doing to it's residents, but at least other states are doing the right thing. However, if in 2 months after states have re-opened more and more, we are seeing new cases continue to plateau or decline, tests are becoming more readily available, etc., I see no downside to letting kids get back to it.

That's a lot of "ifs" but sure if the virus is no problem then we should try to have a football season. But I don't believe for a minute that more testing is going to suppress the disease and neither do you. We should be ready to see a lot of people being quarantined if the government can ever get off its dead ass and get the number of tests we really need. It is the quarantine part that screws up the sports world even if the deaths are extremely low for players.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is saying let's pack stadiums week 1, got it? And we're not talking about starting full contact practice this weekend, got it? As we see states continue to reopen, if we see improved metrics, I see no reason not to at least entertain the idea of letting kids get back to work once the weather gets hotter, got it?

Yeah, I got it and so does Lincoln Riley. You were the one getting all over his back for saying the same thing you just did. Thanks for coming around on the subject.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about football players dying yearly from an unknown condition? from having murmurs and asthma? after i typed it i saw someone else bring up sleep apnea so my thoughts werent alone on it. which part? i can find articles for you if you want.
also just remembered athletes in numerous sports that have prior or existing cancer. they too are at higher risk. even in remission.
you still havent answered how many deaths would be ok with you so long as you get football
Well genius, if you have underlying health issues, you would fall into that group that should remain considered at-risk, as I already mentioned. Also, I'm not even going to touch your stupid sanctimonious "how many deaths are OK" question you posed. Grow up.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't speak for all college kids.
never said i did.
but walking through the dorms on any given day it was pretty evident. and like i said i also visited friends at other schools and it was similar and video games and systems are way better now. and with online gaming and chat its socializing in a way

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well genius, if you have underlying health issues, you would fall into that group that should remain considered at-risk, as I already mentioned. Also, I'm not even going to touch your stupid sanctimonious "how many deaths are OK" question you posed. Grow up.
well seems like if even 1 college player dies from it you are ok so i guess we will just go with that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The death ratio for flu is just under 1%. The death ratio for COVID is 3-4%

The CDC estimates that from October 1, 2019, through April 20, 2020, there have been 62,000 flu deaths. As of yesterday there have been over 86,000 coronavirus deaths in the U.S. since March, 2020. Of course it hits older people harder than young people. That's not the issue when it comes to college football. Being qu

That's a lot of "ifs" but sure if the virus is no problem then we should try to have a football season. But I don't believe for a minute that more testing is going to suppress the disease and neither do you. We should be ready to see a lot of people being quarantined if the government can ever get off its dead ass and get the number of tests we really need. It is the quarantine part that screws up the sports world even if the deaths are extremely low for players.
And let's start examining those 86,000 deaths:

How many are people that are 80+ years old with several other underlying health issues?
How many are people who died of another clear cause but happened to test positive for the coronavirus or had symptoms and were listed as a coronavirus death?

So far there has been 1 death every 1,166 people under 65 years old (compared to 1 death every 358 people in the general population). We're not packing the stadiums full of senior citizens. In fact, I'm in favor of not packing the stadiums with anyone. However, we're not really talking apples to apples when we discuss the actual mortality rate of this disease.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well seems like if even 1 college player dies from it you are ok so i guess we will just go with that.
Go with whatever you want, you're a fucking moron so I couldn't care less about your opinion on the subject.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its ok its a pretty simple question that people who have been pushing for stay at home to end and refuse to wear masks in public cant seem to answer.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go with whatever you want, you're a fucking moron so I couldn't care less about your opinion on the subject.
says the guy who is ok with college football players dying but hey he gets to watch football.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Newsy said that Germany is showing previous people with confirmed Covid-19 cases... are now infected again? So this isn't the chicken pox? Or do these people have the anti-SEC immune systems? Wonder if their immune systems will be twice as strong now..

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Newsy said that Germany is showing previous people with confirmed Covid-19 cases... are now infected again? So this isn't the chicken pox? Or do these people have the anti-SEC immune systems? Wonder if their immune systems will be twice as strong now..

Part of the issue is the testing just isn’t that great.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who is ok with college football players dying but hey he gets to watch football.
These kids have the right to get back on the field and earn those scholarships as I call them soft when they get hurt ..or quarantined

#HookEM

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, it's a virus. It's not surprising at all that people can become reinfected.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And your point is?
Not attacking you .. just don't understand the herd mentality of our immune systems getting stronger to combat it if we just resume packing clubs, restaurants and events. But I'm in a more wait and see approach. I'm not trying to kill the season now. Just trying to make sure our food plants stay up and running tbh.