• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Writers and Actors 2023 Strikes

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand the buggywhip guild is contemplating a strike as well.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question though, will anyone actually notice?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question though, will anyone actually notice?

Most definitely, depending on how long it goes. There's not a lot of new shows that debut in the summer and ones that do are already finished, but if this goes on, all your shows in the Fall will be delayed and that delay will depend on how long this strike is. All the line ups for every network come new season time will either be reruns or cheap reality TV and game show filler. Streamers (like Netflix), won't have new content to add. So if you've got a favorite show that you're waiting to see the new season of in a couple of months, that couple of months wait could turn into 6 months, 8 months, etc. Also, current weekly shows, like late night shows and SNL, are already affected and won't have new episodes so that's directly noticeable if you view anything like that

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely, depending on how long it goes. There's not a lot of new shows that debut in the summer and ones that do are already finished, but if this goes on, all your shows in the Fall will be delayed and that delay will depend on how long this strike is. All the line ups for every network come new season time will either be reruns or cheap reality TV and game show filler. Streamers (like Netflix), won't have new content to add. So if you've got a favorite show that you're waiting to see the new season of in a couple of months, that couple of months wait could turn into 6 months, 8 months, etc. Also, current weekly shows, like late night shows and SNL, are already affected and won't have new episodes so that's directly noticeable if you view anything like that
Good

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support the writers here. They are getting underpaid and have AI machines writing scripts. My goodness. Screenplays are the backbone for any film or tv show.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But are there really any shows on tv though that people are craving to see? A couple of million is the highest viewed isn’t it? I guess when I wrote that I wasn’t thinking the few streaming shows but I just can’t see the average person caring about their network shows being a big deal. If anything late night shows should get better without writers.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But are there really any shows on tv though that people are craving to see? A couple of million is the highest viewed isn’t it? I guess when I wrote that I wasn’t thinking the few streaming shows but I just can’t see the average person caring about their network shows being a big deal. If anything late night shows should get better without writers.

There's plenty of shows people will be bummed their missing if it goes on that long. It's not just TV shows either. Movies will be delayed too. Anything that isn't already shot right now is gonna get delayed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's plenty of shows people will be bummed their missing if it goes on that long. It's not just TV shows either. Movies will be delayed too. Anything that isn't already shot right now is gonna get delayed.
I 100% understand. I just think stuff can be done without the writers guild. If anything, IMO, they hinder the entire process and comedy especially is way better without them.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% understand. I just think stuff can be done without the writers guild. If anything, IMO, they hinder the entire process and comedy especially is way better without them.

I’m gonna say something weird. But I think it’s true. Your opinion is definitely the popular one right now that there is no good tv shows anymore. But really you people are the problem. That opinion is the problem.

There are plenty of good shows but when people have given up on them before they even start they just don’t last because nobody watches them. And then to make that problem even worse the shows that get second or third seasons are usually not even the best. They are just the cheapest. Usually filmed in Canada.

If we actually watched the good shows then we would have good shows to watch.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can always count on you to post the most ass-backwards, unsupportable takes regardless of the topic.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Network TV is trash but streaming and the premium channels all produce quality stuff and it's the backbone of their industry.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very, very often writing can be the difference between a good movie/show and crapola. And that most certainly includes comedy writing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think TV is trash, then you should support the writers. They are collectively asking for the amount one CEO of these “terrible streaming outlets” and “pathetic network stations” gets.

The writing is everything.

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers' strike is now joined by an actors' strike:

"SAG-AFTRA’s Negotiating Committee Unanimously Recommends Strike as Contract Deadline Passes Without a Deal"

"SAG-AFTRA Officially Calls Strike as National Board Approves Guild's First Walkout Against Film & TV Industry Since 1980"

Production could limp along on some things with one strike, but not both. Production on most everything is now going to grind to a complete halt. Lots of movies and TV shows have already been delayed or cancelled by the writers' strike -- now it's going to be a LOT more stuff. 2024 is going to be a 2020-covid-era level of empty-ish for movies and TV.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The writers' strike is now joined by an actors' strike:

"SAG-AFTRA’s Negotiating Committee Unanimously Recommends Strike as Contract Deadline Passes Without a Deal"

"SAG-AFTRA Officially Calls Strike as National Board Approves Guild's First Walkout Against Film & TV Industry Since 1980"

Production could limp along on some things with one strike, but not both. Production on most everything is now going to grind to a complete halt. Lots of movies and TV shows have already been delayed or cancelled by the writers' strike -- now it's going to be a LOT more stuff. 2024 is going to be a 2020-covid-era level of empty-ish for movies and TV.

Yep. This essentially shuts down every TV and movie now. Hopefully its enough to put pressure on the studios to come to a deal. They were banking on being able to starve the writers out by having enough content already filmed and already in production. But with SAG striking too all production is shut down, all they have left is content already filmed. That's about enough to get them thru the Summer but that's it.