• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WR Coach Greg Lewis Fired

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Eagles Fire Wide Receivers Coach

I wasn't really impressed with him this year. Obviously not all his fault, but the young guys showed no progress as the season went along. Could Undlin could be next?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel kind of bad for Lewis, but the fact is the WRs stink. Maybe not all his fault, but he had to go. Undlin as well, and maybe Chris Jones, the DL coach.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. IMHO the WR and CB coaches should be gone. No reason for not being up our CB's ars for not playing the ball and looking back more. I watch other defenses that turn those plays into INT and solid def play.. because they LOOK BACK! IT's been utterly ridiculous this year.

But I can't help think how many defended keeping WR Coach Culley despite having the 32nd (last place) set of Wr's for MANY years, and missing SB's because of it as well. I'm surprised people are good with this after such a much shorter period of time. WOW, how things have changed.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW. IMHO the WR and CB coaches should be gone. No reason for not being up our CB's ars for not playing the ball and looking back more. I watch other defenses that turn those plays into INT and solid def play.. because they LOOK BACK! IT's been utterly ridiculous this year.

But I can't help think how many defended keeping WR Coach Culley despite having the 32nd (last place) set of Wr's for MANY years, and missing SB's because of it as well. I'm surprised people are good with this after such a much shorter period of time. WOW, how things have changed.

Can't blame everything on coaching - our guys simply are not very good. They've played under different coordinators and did the same shit with them too.

Look at Spags in NY last year; no talent on his unit and they finished dead last in the league. GM gets him a few players, same scheme, same coaching - and they went from bums to pretty good this year.

The only thing I like(d) about Culley is his mic'd up sessions during the combine; he's a real character.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear Na Brown and Todd Pinkston are standing by their phones...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41QVbnBwRmL.jpg

He always had great hands after all--at least in training camp.

Maybe Gari Scott should get a look also?

Corey-Simon-Todd-Pinkston-Gari-Scott.jpg

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Undlin keeps his job either. My biggest complaint with the WRs is that so many drops are from guys trying to catch balls with their bodies instead of their hands. Granted, some of that is instinct, and there's a very good chance that these guys just naturally have bad instincts and bad hands. But when DGB and Agholor both show the same problems, you have to at least wonder if they're not being coached up correctly.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undlin was supposed to be a very good teacher of DBs, but I think he doesn't fit with Schwartz. I think he is more of a press and zone technique guy and Schwartz seems to favor man corners. So he may need to go, agreed. But he probably gets another job unlike Greg Lewis.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to switch it up to see if someone else can make something of any of these WRs.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Undlin keeps his job either. My biggest complaint with the WRs is that so many drops are from guys trying to catch balls with their bodies instead of their hands. Granted, some of that is instinct, and there's a very good chance that these guys just naturally have bad instincts and bad hands. But when DGB and Agholor both show the same problems, you have to at least wonder if they're not being coached up correctly.

Now that you mention it, I remember Lewis being more of a body catcher when he was with the Eagles...

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undlin was supposed to be a very good teacher of DBs, but I think he doesn't fit with Schwartz. I think he is more of a press and zone technique guy and Schwartz seems to favor man corners. So he may need to go, agreed. But he probably gets another job unlike Greg Lewis.

I'm sorry, but we left "SOOO" many INT's on the field because our CB's don't look back. We also gave up many TD's for the same thing. It just happens too much, too often. And in the FEW plays we did really well in - WOW, they looked back!!! But it was far far more the exception than the rule. And when you watch better defenses and the deflections and INT's they get - it's because.. (wait for it).. they looked back and played the ball!!!! A lot of balls are underthrown, and our CB's are just clueless. If it were 1 player or on occasion, I'd blame the player. But it is all the time, and all our CB's, and the CB Coach isn't seeing it and fixing it. So I put that suare on the CB. Further, the DC isn't up the ars of the CB Coach - so he doesn't go blameless either. It's a major problem, imho.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you mention it, I remember Lewis being more of a body catcher when he was with the Eagles...

I hate body catchers. It creates a far smaller window the quarterback can operate within. It's why I never liked Celek, and why I liked Ertz so much. We should not even consider a WR or TE or RB that is a body catcher.

Greg lewis was a good runner after the catch. But he was never anything special, and certainly not known for having great hands. Bring TO in as a WR coach WAYYYY before Greg Lewis. What is next, Mahe as the RB Coach??

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate body catchers. It creates a far smaller window the quarterback can operate within. It's why I never liked Celek, and why I liked Ertz so much. We should not even consider a WR or TE or RB that is a body catcher.

Greg lewis was a good runner after the catch. But he was never anything special, and certainly not known for having great hands. Bring TO in as a WR coach WAYYYY before Greg Lewis. What is next, Mahe as the RB Coach??

Fuck, I went to see if Mahe actually joined AR in KC in some capacity and the first stories that pop up:

3-year-old daughter of BYU RB coach Reno Mahe dies

This is a depressing start to the day.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RIP, Elsie. Reno, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's terrible... a parent's worst nightmare.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Truly saddened. And by getting entangled in a mini-blind??

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh can't imagine. That's terrible. Such a terrific age and the growth that comes right after is amazing. Reno never got to experience it with her.:(

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they replace Greg Lewis with Mike Groh. Hopefully a good hire. Interestingly, Groh coached Alshon Jeffery from 2013-2015 and coached Kenny Britt in 2016. Both are expected to be two of the top wide receiver talents on the free agent market this year.