• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wow have yourself a start there Jorge Alfaro

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Knapp has been hitting really well too, actually since the middle of last year. I know you always want to have depth because of injuries but if these guys keep hitting they need to mix in some time at first base or leftfield with one of them so when Ruiz and Howard leave next year maybe they can both be on the big league club.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? A positive post from BPNAZ????????

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought that was a little out of character for BPNAZ too. That shows how far the Phillies organization has turned in the right direction I guess.

My dark horse from the minors to make an impact on the Phillies is Cam Perkins. He kind of reminds me of Aaron Altherr. He's one of those guys that doesn't blow anyone away, but just steadily figures out how to hit at every level. So his minor league career may not look impressive at all but when all is said and done he may have better stats in the majors.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought that was a little out of character for BPNAZ too. That shows how far the Phillies organization has turned in the right direction I guess.

My dark horse from the minors to make an impact on the Phillies is Cam Perkins. He kind of reminds me of Aaron Altherr. He's one of those guys that doesn't blow anyone away, but just steadily figures out how to hit at every level. So his minor league career may not look impressive at all but when all is said and done he may have better stats in the majors.
Seriously, he reminds you of Altherr? Can you let me know what Altherr has done other than get injured?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the reports of the Phillies organization's 180 have been greatly exaggerated:L

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, he reminds you of Altherr? Can you let me know what Altherr has done other than get injured?
I thought Altherr was really impressive int the short time he was in the majors last year. He put up a 1.7 WAR in 39 games with the Phillies last year. Yeah, it's only a quarter of a season so it's a small sample size but over a full season those would be better than anything we've had at a corner outfield position in a long time.

In contrast, 1.7 WAR is what Cody Asche has accumulated over 300 games and 1000 plate appearances.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Altherr was really impressive int the short time he was in the majors last year. He put up a 1.7 WAR in 39 games with the Phillies last year. Yeah, it's only a quarter of a season so it's a small sample size but over a full season those would be better than anything we've had at a corner outfield position in a long time.

In contrast, 1.7 WAR is what Cody Asche has accumulated over 300 games and 1000 plate appearances.
I understand, but we really don't know if Altherr or Asche are major league starters. Comparing Cam to one of these guys may be accurate, but any of them having an "impact" on the team is questionable.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand, but we really don't know if Altherr or Asche are major league starters. Comparing Cam to one of these guys may be accurate, but any of them having an "impact" on the team is questionable.

Yes, I see your point. Calling someone the "next Altherr" when we still aren't sure who Altherr is would be premature.
But I did use the term "dark horse" which means there is also a lot of wishcasting involved on my part too.