• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would the Foles Sack be a penalty last year?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB is often times in a vulnerable position (ie when they are throwing the ball). It’s phydically impossible to protect yourself when you are in that position. Players need to be protected when the game puts them in a vulnerable position.

Lunging at the knees, launching at the QB's head like a missile... yeah, those are dangerous plays that deserve roughing calls. Brushing your hand against the QB's helmet? Fuck that! Tackling a QB like happened to Foles yesterday? Fuck that! It was a good clean football tackle.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lunging at the knees, launching at the QB's head like a missile... yeah, those are dangerous plays that deserve roughing calls. Brushing your hand against the QB's helmet? Fuck that! Tackling a QB like happened to Foles yesterday? Fuck that! It was a good clean football tackle.
Yep- the Jags reacting to that is more about getting their asses kicked at home than it being dirty; not even Foles thought it was dirty.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't malicious, but the Jags reacting to that? Maybe, could also be getting their asses whooped too.
Kelce has destroyed Jack for two games in a row now so I think thats a big part of it.

Ramsey needs to hide his crazy. He probably took KC off the trade table for when Jacksonville is 2-5 and looking to rebuild.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep- the Jags reacting to that is more about getting their asses kicked at home than it being dirty; not even Foles thought it was dirty.
Just for the record.
I am not calling the Foles play dirty. But I do think a flag could have been called on it.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now you have.

That’s dirty as fuck. The ball has long been delivered and he drove him into the ground with his arm exposed. He didn’t hit him in the mid-section.

IMO that’s a dirty hit.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s dirty as fuck. The ball has long been delivered and he drove him into the ground with his arm exposed. He didn’t hit him in the mid-section.

IMO that’s a dirty hit.
Ok, Roger.

That's 310+ pounds you're asking to stop on a dime.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem since it is a rule.
I am one of those that are happy they dialed it back, because it was getting super ridiculous. but since it is a rule.
Not being called now, but if a high profile QB (I often use Rodgers & Brady) gets hit & it gets called even though the hit might be a lesser hit, or a team fighting for a playoff spot or worse in the playoffs a weak version of breaking this rule gets called. The excuse is, well technically it is a rule. Would be bullshit. This was a textbook driving to the ground. So if this doesnt get called. the only way to stay consistent (I guess is what I worry about, consistency) Just get rid of or change the rule then.