• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series GDT - Game 1

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's possible that we don't get many baserunners, and we know Molina has an arm that's declined to shit, does anybody else think that almost everytime that Ross, Renteria, or Torres get on they should run?

Depends. Vs a lefty like Lee he may be holding them on tightly. And with Rent I'd say no anyways. Torres should look to run, I hope. Maybe Ross too.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jesus.......2+ hours to game time and my adrenal glands are already preparing me to choose between fight, or flight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrus is an easy out. He's a great defensive player and fast, but he's only got a .309 wOBA. If you get him out repeatedly, you have a good chance of neutralizing their running game.

Andrus is hitting .333 in the playoffs and has a hit in all 11 Texas postseason games .

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus.......2+ hours to game time and my adrenal glands are already preparing me to choose between fight, or flight.

Fight. Definitely fight.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok.... i'm checking out until game time... got to burn some energy off....

Go Giants!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
An interesting take from Rob Neyer. Basically that Ron Washington may be the reason the Giants win this thing.

Rangers have three ways to lose - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN

Hate to say it but Neyer is a clown. I remember reading his first blog about the series.

"The Rangers had more wins in the regular season, and beat 2 tougher opponents to get here".

Okay, perhaps they did beat 2 tougher opponents, but last I checked 92 wins is more than 90 wins. Sure they had some injuries but they played in a much weaker division. These ESPN clowns make me laugh.

Although I would agree, that Bochy vs Washington is a definite advantage
for the Giants.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it but Neyer is a clown. I remember reading his first blog about the series.

"The Rangers had more wins in the regular season, and beat 2 tougher opponents to get here".

Okay, perhaps they did beat 2 tougher opponents, but last I checked 92 wins is more than 90 wins. Sure they had some injuries but they played in a much weaker division. These ESPN clowns make me laugh.

for the Giants.

Agreed, the analysts on ESPN (really anywhere) are all place holders. They don't know anything more or less than we do, they have no better predictions than we do (we might be biased...but so are they!). Someone's gotta fill the air time so you get a few former players and coaches to blather on. They did play/manage and they know more about the game itself, sure. But they can't see outcomes with any greater accuracy than a reasonably astute fan.

Especially in a game as unpredictable over short series' as baseball.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How aggressive do you think the Giants will be on the first pitch? You want to get Lee's pitch count up there to get him out of the game, but damn, the guy rarely ever walks anybody. It's like he is playing a video game and is just pointing to where he wants the pitch to be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How aggressive do you think the Giants will be on the first pitch? You want to get Lee's pitch count up there to get him out of the game, but damn, the guy rarely ever walks anybody. It's like he is playing a video game and is just pointing to where he wants the pitch to be.

I hope we can foul some pitches off, because that's the only way you're getting his pitch count up.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We sure could use Brett Butler or David Eckstein right now.

Or Luke Appling. My dad said he once fould off 20 pitches in one AB just to show up the pitcher.

We need to forget pitch counts. That plays to Lee's strength. He can be beat by impatient hitters that look for pitches in the strike zone. Guess who? That's our guys! Our weakness is maybe a strength.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Luke Appling. My dad said he once fould off 20 pitches in one AB just to show up the pitcher.

We need to forget pitch counts. That plays to Lee's strength. He can be beat by impatient hitters that look for pitches in the strike zone. Guess who? That's our guys! Our weakness is maybe a strength.

Good observation. Our approach at the plate is the complete opposite of the New York Yankees.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta go, off to watch the game in the real world. Go GIANTS!!!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

for the Giants.

Yes, he's a clown. Still can't believe he strongly implied that Bumgarner was injured and the Giants knew it but were lying about it. As he put, "there is no other reasonable explanation".

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Could not agree more.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, he's a clown. Still can't believe he strongly implied that Bumgarner was injured and the Giants knew it but were lying about it. As he put, "there is no other reasonable explanation".

Neyer has never heard of faulty mechanics. They don't exist.

His Matt cain FIP article gave me fits of laughter. Can't remember when he wrote that one, was it last year?