• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: World Series Game Six, Cardinals At Red Sox, October 30, 2013

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There will be no complaints from me if this becomes the last MLB game of calendar 2013, AD.

Do I need to tell anyone why?

Starting for St. Louis will be 21 year old Michael Wacha, in only his 5th career post-season start. 27 innings pitched in his previous four with a very respectable 0.704 WHIP despite 8 walks, 4 of which came against our team in Game One of this WS.

There are probably trivia buffs in Red Sox Nation who know how many previous pitchers made 2 World Series starts that young, but I'm not one of them.

Making his 19th career post-season start for Boston will be John Lackey, 35 years old, 5-5 post-season WL
97 1/3 innings pitched, with a 1.265 WHIP.

What a great time this would this game be for his 1st post-season shut-out?

GO RED SOX! :yahoo::nod::yahoo::nod::yahoo:

RudeSportsDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WS Game 6: Red Sox vs. John Farrell (First Guessing)

Seeing that Farrell has been outed in this series as Grady Little in disguise, here is a list of stupid moves he has made thus far. If we're ahead with a chance to win, it's dumb luck. But if we lose, Farrell will be the Halloween boogie man.

1. Not starting Napoli in St. Louis. He's only the team's other major clutch power hitter with heroic post season stats. You get him in the game by whatever means necessary and play him in right field. To bench him is beyond brain dead.

2. Overuse of Breslow and various other weak relievers. This is a given. To keep playing him after multiple choke jobs, you must be a sadist or idiot savant. To win it all at the WS prom, you dance with the bullpen that brought you.

3. Not using Felix Doubront as a WS starter. If we don't wrap this up, then why this guy was not starting over Jake Peavy is will be an asterisk question mark whose amazement is equivalent to one of the eight wonders of the world.

4. Playing Salty way too late in games. Salty is in a slump but is still a good game caller. Otherwise he wouldn't have played 121 regular season games to help get us here. The trick if you start him is to take him out before the 7th or 8th inning since he's sometimes prone to get tired and make mistakes late in the game.

5. Not pinch hitting for guys in slumps. Sure, Steven Drew's defense is stellar, but you can't get hits to win games playing in the field. The guy has been an automatic out. With the game on the line, you need to go to the bench.

If I've left anything out, it's because I don't want to belabor the point. Farrell is a feel good manager who plays favorites, superstitions, hunches and makes naive nice guy moves without much strategic thought. He also thinks ahead way too much and has no intellect for percentages.

Bottom line, if I could pick a skipper to play for my life, it would not be a players manager like Farrell. They belong in Little League where the idea is be nice to all the kiddies and get everyone in the game. Whereas in the MLB show, you need a shrewd tactician who makes the right moves

For those who label this 2nd guessing, I knew game 3 was doomed when he took out Doubront who was cruising. The weak link in this ballclub is the manager. Boston has to overcome his bad moves first before they beat the Cards.

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope tonight is the clincher because im afraid of a game 7

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To put it politely, I do not agree with Rude Sports Dude.

I LIKE Farrell and am less impressed with Doubront than Rude is.

This is Red Sox vs Blue Jays, not Red Sox vs.Farrell.

We're in the World Series largely BECAUSE of Farrell, not in spite of him!

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seeing that Farrell has been outed in this series as Grady Little in disguise, here is a list of stupid moves he has made thus far. If we're ahead with a chance to win, it's dumb luck. But if we lose, Farrell will be the Halloween boogie man.

1. Not starting Napoli in St. Louis. He's only the team's other major clutch power hitter with heroic post season stats. You get him in the game by whatever means necessary and play him in right field. To bench him is beyond brain dead.

2. Overuse of Breslow and various other weak relievers. This is a given. To keep playing him after multiple choke jobs, you must be a sadist or idiot savant. To win it all at the WS prom, you dance with the bullpen that brought you.

3. Not using Felix Doubront as a WS starter. If we don't wrap this up, then why this guy was not starting over Jake Peavy is will be an asterisk question mark whose amazement is equivalent to one of the eight wonders of the world.

4. Playing Salty way too late in games. Salty is in a slump but is still a good game caller. Otherwise he wouldn't have played 121 regular season games to help get us here. The trick if you start him is to take him out before the 7th or 8th inning since he's sometimes prone to get tired and make mistakes late in the game.

5. Not pinch hitting for guys in slumps. Sure, Steven Drew's defense is stellar, but you can't get hits to win games playing in the field. The guy has been an automatic out. With the game on the line, you need to go to the bench.

If I've left anything out, it's because I don't want to belabor the point. Farrell is a feel good manager who plays favorites, superstitions, hunches and makes naive nice guy moves without much strategic thought. He also thinks ahead way too much and has no intellect for percentages.

Bottom line, if I could pick a skipper to play for my life, it would not be a players manager like Farrell. They belong in Little League where the idea is be nice to all the kiddies and get everyone in the game. Whereas in the MLB show, you need a shrewd tactician who makes the right moves

For those who label this 2nd guessing, I knew game 3 was doomed when he took out Doubront who was cruising. The weak link in this ballclub is the manager. Boston has to overcome his bad moves first before they beat the Cards.

1 is a non factor since we won 2 out of 3 in st Louis

drew should've been benched but I can agree with most of that

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 is a non factor since we won 2 out of 3 in st Louis

drew should've been benched but I can agree with most of that
Peavy is more reliable than Doubront. And has more WS experience than Doubront.

Peavy over Doubront, NO CONTEST!

For some reason the part of the post I was actually replying to didn't show up.

Please fix that, moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

patsfan187

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got out of it though but at 38 pitches already

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00